EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS: CELTICS VS. HEAT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who will win?

• Heat in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heat in 5

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Celtics in 4

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Celtics in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celtics in 6

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Celtics in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I give props to Kobe for what he's done and continues to do. He does look to be on the downslope and his shooting percentage took a pretty big hit this year. I can see someone's opinion being that Kobe is the better Laker because Kareem played and won a chip with Milwaukee if that is their opinion. BUT, Kareen won 5 titles with LA. He won 6 MVP's, 3 with the Lakers (more than Kobe). He won 2 Finals MVP's, 14 years apart from each other which is a huge accomplishment in itself. There is so much talk of Kobe going straight to the NBA, but he's also gained a lot from that for his legacy, especially for total points scored. Kareem is STILL the all time leader in points though and he won 3 NCAA championships.

Kareem is quite a bit better player overall. Like I said, if people's argument is that Kobe has been there for his entire career and that's why he's better, fine. But he's definitely not the better player and definitely hasn't accomplished more than Kareem.

In terms of skills, Magic was better, but his career was obviously cut short. I can see people saying Kobe is better than him for that reason. It's like the Emmitt Smith vs. Barry Sanders debate. I believe Barry Sanders was quite a bit better than Smith, but I can at least see why people say Smith was better even though he played on a much better team and had a much longer career. To each their own.

Jan 12, 2006
Please just stop already you guys clearly don't know what you're talking about, stats aren't everything, there is a reason why Shaq, Kareem, and Magic call Kobe "The greatest Laker EVER". Kobe has 5 titles and in laker land thats all that matters, also do you guys forget Kobe and Shaq split up in their prime, tell me how many titles magic and kareem would have won if they left each other in their prime due to disagreements??? Kobe and Shaq both know they could've won at least 2 more together, who splits up after going to 4 straight finals??? Dumb, Hard Headed, and Immature Shaq and Kobe that's who!. They formed the most dominant one-two punch the NBA has ever seen. Also the reason the discussion of greatest Laker ever only consists of Magic vs Kobe and not Kareem is for the fact that Kareem didn't give the Lakers a ring until Magic arrived on the scene. Another thing during Kareems and Magic's first title together the rookie magic beat the sixers with Kareem missing game 6 due to an injury, as a matter a fact kareem didn't even make the trip to philly Magic played all 5 positions that day and shitted on the sixers. I'm not discrediting Kareem the guy is a monster but when it comes to the lakers i could care less what he did at UCLA and before and after being a Laker. Kobe was set to go to Duke and play under Coach K if he didn't enter the draft, can you imagine Kobe in college under Coach K. LMAO that shit would not even be fair, book him down for a National Title, no NCAA player is fucken with a young Kobe. Kobe has scored more then any other player to wear the purple and gold and it's not even close, soon to be # 1 on steals #1 on 3 pointers made #3 on assists Not 100% sure but i don't think any other laker has won as many playoff games as he has, also part of a squad who went 15-1 on their way to win a ring, a record no one is touching.

KOBE vs Magic
take a pick, but leave kareem out of the conversation. Kobe will have a statue in LA soon after retiring just like Magic.

Also at the end of the day LAKERS>>>Kobe, but thanks for bringing up all these great names. It's nice to be reminded how deep the Lakers History really is.

[video=youtube;G_T0OomY-8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_T0OomY-8k[/video]

[video=youtube;00o74m6PgN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00o74m6PgN8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jan 18, 2006
You know ur defense is trash when the Celtics score 85 through 3 quarters on you and there typically a low scoring team but plays good defense. They should change Miami's name to Miami Cold

Jan 12, 2006
[video=youtube_share;AE9zcMBQC2M]http://youtu.be/AE9zcMBQC2M[/video]

bro you fail again stop it already, Barkely changes his mind every other day.

[video=youtube;AyhX2YMgNvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyhX2YMgNvs&feature=related[/video]

Magic, West, Shaq>>>Barkleys opinion

How the hell does he rank kobe top 5 all time in the nba, then ranks him 3-4 as a laker??? LOLWUT

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
he was high when he said that.

I mainly posted that up because it's what I was saying. People that think Kobe is the best usually fall in line with what Kenny said. Kareem is the better player but because he won a title with Milwaukee and wasn't a lifetime Laker, people count that against him. People also hate his attitude too which doesn't help as far as how they view him. Look at Lebron. He is pretty much the best overall player in the league. If you were building a team, he would be a damn good place to start if not the outright best at this point in time. But people mostly hate him now so they let that affect how they feel about him. I think that hurts Kareem's legacy. And in a lot of respects, hurts Kobe's too. A lot of people never liked him because he was a ballhog or God only knows what other reasons, then he was accused of rape. He's a great player, I just think Kareem is a lot better and could argue this all day. I have a lot of friends who are Lakers fans and wouldn't dare say that Kobe is better than Kareem. To each their own.

Jan 12, 2006
he was high when he said that.

I mainly posted that up because it's what I was saying. People that think Kobe is the best usually fall in line with what Kenny said. Kareem is the better player but because he won a title with Milwaukee and wasn't a lifetime Laker, people count that against him. People also hate his attitude too which doesn't help as far as how they view him. Look at Lebron. He is pretty much the best overall player in the league. If you were building a team, he would be a damn good place to start if not the outright best at this point in time. But people mostly hate him now so they let that affect how they feel about him. I think that hurts Kareem's legacy. And in a lot of respects, hurts Kobe's too. A lot of people never liked him because he was a ballhog or God only knows what other reasons, then he was accused of rape. He's a great player, I just think Kareem is a lot better and could argue this all day. I have a lot of friends who are Lakers fans and wouldn't dare say that Kobe is better than Kareem. To each their own.
agree to disagree nothing wrong with that

May 15, 2002
I call Kobe the goat in terms of best laker ever, I wouldn't even bother comparing him to Jordan since he doesn't have 6 rings, IF he wins one more though I will compare him, IF he wins 2 more in my eyes he will be better.

Also I hope you notice the difference of me calling Kobe the goat on the siccness where there is a audience of about 25 active members in the sports forum, where ESPN has a audience of millions and has the power to influence a lot of morons that can help determine the legacy of athletes.
Dude, if Kobe wins 2 more rings, he'd have 4 rings as the MAIN GUY. Jordan had 6 finals MVP's, thereby, proving that he was no doubt THE MAN of that team. Kobe only has two so far as the main. With that being said, compare those 4 to Jordan's 6 and Kobe doesn't even make the cut for being compared to Jordan, let alone better. I'm not knocking Kobe. He is one of the greatest of all-time, but he's definitely not Jordan or close.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Dude, if Kobe wins 2 more rings, he'd have 4 rings as the MAIN GUY. Jordan had 6 finals MVP's, thereby, proving that he was no doubt THE MAN of that team. Kobe only has two so far as the main. With that being said, compare those 4 to Jordan's 6 and Kobe doesn't even make the cut for being compared to Jordan, let alone better. I'm not knocking Kobe. He is one of the greatest of all-time, but he's definitely not Jordan or close.

That's what I always say too. The only thing that really helps Kobe is that I don't think Bynum or Gasol are Hall of Famers unless this team sticks together and wins 2 more Championships or something. Jordan always had another Hall of Famer in Pippen if not more than one (they added Rodman).

Jordan played in the better era though too. I didn't really think about it til I saw the commercials for the Dream Team show they keep showing. The Dream Team was the best team you could put together from any era pretty much. Jordan ran that era

Apr 13, 2003
Kareem and kobe have 2 completly different skillsets so I don't think that its fair to copare them. Also, why don't people give kareem shit for joining the Lakers when they were dominant? Kareem obviously played with, magic, byron scott, michael cooper, kurt rambis and james worthy all nba greats and loaded teams. My question is why don't people discredit Kareem for being on a "loaded" team and for switchin teams?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Kareem and kobe have 2 completly different skillsets so I don't think that its fair to copare them. Also, why don't people give kareem shit for joining the Lakers when they were dominant? Kareem obviously played with, magic, byron scott, michael cooper, kurt rambis and james worthy all nba greats and loaded teams. My question is why don't people discredit Kareem for being on a "loaded" team and for switchin teams?
Because kareem was traded to l.a. also he won a ring with the bucks with the great oscar robertson.