Early 80's hardcore punk...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Just got done watching American Hardcore "the history of american punk rock 1980-1986". Anyone else seen this? I love punk, but this really opened my eyes to how sick early 80's punk really was. "The Middle Class", "TSOL", "Gang Green", "SS Decontrol", "Bad Brains", and a bunch of others were sick as fuck.

Anyone else lovin the early 80's hardcore punk shit? What bands? Songs? Ya'll lovin?

Nov 7, 2005
I never really listened to punk but growing up my uncle's were always playing Suicidal Tendencies so they're pretty much the only punk I'll listen to. As for songs, "Institutionalized" is probably my favorite from them.

Mar 14, 2006
Wow talk about motherfuckers being late. You wanna hear real hardcore and not this pussy screamo shit being called harcore nowadays please check Bad Brains, Negative Approach, Black Flag, Sheer Terror, Agnostic Front, Murphys Law, Minor Threat, Gang Green. Oh and Suicidal Tendencies were a bunch of scrapas.

Mar 14, 2006
Oi! is some whole other shit homey. Good Oi! get some 4-Skins, Last Resort, Angelic Upstarts, Cockney Rejects. That is some more street level british punk rock right there. American Hardcore in the 80's was seen more as street level american punk rock, so they go hand in hand, but musically, hardcore owns Oi!.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Damn I hardly even remember making this thread.

Good shit though, the other punk thread I made didn't seem to be getting a lot of support. I've been listening to punk since like 1999, but it was all kind of mainstream punk I guess, shit like Nofx, Pennywise, Lagwagon, and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (peep the sig). When I told people I listened to punk I would usually get people thinking I listened to black flag or the misfits and shit like that. I never gave it a chance though until this movie. And I've seen a few history of punk documentaries but this was the only one that made me go out and get some old school punk. Lovin it though for sure.

Mar 9, 2003
Fishykills said:
Oi! is some whole other shit homey. Good Oi! get some 4-Skins, Last Resort, Angelic Upstarts, Cockney Rejects. That is some more street level british punk rock right there. American Hardcore in the 80's was seen more as street level american punk rock, so they go hand in hand, but musically, hardcore owns Oi!.
Yes I know, but the brits (or the ones I talk to) claim Hardcore Punk to be a knock off of it. To be honest when it comes to back in the early 80's I'd go with Oi! But that's just me. Most of the best Oi bands start with the letter C haha.

Mar 14, 2006
@ Little Daz.......Im lookin for some Batallion of Saints (L.A.) I used to have the original but my LP warped and I never had it on CD! Also anything rare from California, the East Coast, and Britain is the shit. I got a ton of Stuff to trade (Crust, Street Punk and Oi! from US and UK, Tons of Hardcore from America, plus lots of 90's Underground and Epitaph style Punk!) and I love it all so hit me with a trade or tape list and ill hit u wit mine!