Eagle fans are no joke...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Hillary Long and Binford Sachs, both from Massachusetts and staunch Patriots fans, found themselves in enemy territory during the Super Bowl.

The two students at Pennsylvania State University's Altoona campus attended a party off campus Sunday night and found they were the only fans in the crowd rooting for New England. Taunts and insults flowed as heavily as the alcohol, they said, but they never expected a Patriots victory would lead to a pummeling.

Just after Rodney Harrison's interception effectively ended the game, a group of about five young women, who the two believe are Penn State students, attacked Long and Sachs, dragging them down cement stairs and kicking them in the face.

Afterward, two of Long's front teeth hung loose, deep scratches on her neck burned, her ribs ached from bruises, and a dark blotch encircled one eye, according to hospital records and their account. Sachs, her boyfriend, who she said tried to defend her, sustained a broken nose and bites to his arms, and had his earring pulled out.

''It was just horrible," said Long, 20, a sophomore from Plymouth, in a phone interview after being released from Altoona Hospital. ''I think it's disgusting that college students act that way over a game. It's ridiculous."

Campus officials said yesterday they're investigating the attack, and that if it turns out the assailants are students, any criminal charges would trigger an inquiry by the college's office of judicial affairs. They had no suspects as of last night.

''In my eight years, I can't remember hearing about a fight over a sporting event between students," said Shari Routch, director of university relations.

If the assailants are identified as students, Routch said, they could face expulsion.

Long and Sachs said they intend to press charges.

''I just thought it was really barbaric," said Sachs, 20, of Bourne. ''I can't believe kids act that way over a stupid football game."

In the future, they said, they'll be more cautious in expressing their feelings about their team.

''What they did won't stop me from being proud of being from Massachusetts," Sachs said. ''But if the Patriots are playing the Eagles again next year, and I'm still here, I definitely won't be going back to that house."

TRY EXPLAINING THAT ONE TO THE GUYS....LOL