E-40 CHART POSITIONS/PRESS RELEASE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2008
Just want everybody to know if you think the 30k first week sales were bad what if I told you that the album is already in the BLACK meaning its been fully recouped already.

E-40 DROPS AN UNPRECEDENTED 3 RELEASES ON THE SAME DAY

New Independent Label Heavy On The Grind Entertainment Make Ground Breaking Moves Within The Music Industry

VALLEJO, CA / APRIL 8, 2010 - In one of the most challenging music retail environments in history, E-40 made a bold and unprecedented decision to drop three separate releases all on the same March 30th street date. Each album selling and sound scanning under their own bar code making it a challenge to identify his total sales looking at just one report. Due to the methods employed by Sound Scan this decision would prevent him from combining all three numbers into one large sales figure and hence restrict his ability to chart as high as possible on the Billboard top 200. However, today Sound Scan reports the E-40 albums take the #5, #6 and #14 spots on the Top Rap Albums chart with nearly 30,000 units scanned. This is a combined total that would translate to a Top 20 debut on the Top 200 Billboard chart.

E-40 is no stranger to double albums, in 1998 he released “The Element of Surprise” which successfully certified Gold. This unique release of “Revenue Retrievin Day Shift & Night Shift” included two separate new albums each containing over 19 new songs. Heavy On The Grind also created a 42 track exclusive Bonus pack digitally sold via iTunes along with a 2 CD +T-Shirt & 10 free ringtone bundle pack for sale at FYE Stores. “I got out there, did my homework and went back to my roots and made these albums for the streets that made me. Then I utilized the internet and engaged in social networking by interacting with my fans and I found out what they wanted and what they liked best. Then I considered the state of this economy recognizing that people want the hook up, they want more and that’s exactly what I gave them. Most albums have 10 or 12 tracks on them, I exceeded that number then I doubled my product giving my fans who are also consumers a bigger bang for their buck, “smiles the Ambassador of the Bay, E-40.

Only an experienced student of the music industry, confident artist and calculating entrepreneur would make the bold decision that E-40 and his team made. Strategically releasing 5 videos, complimented by a bandwidth of music including features from Snoop Dogg, Gucci Mane, Too Short, Mistah Fab, Bobby V, Jazze Pha, Mac Shawn 100, YV, J. Valentine, B-Legit, The Jacka, Keak Tha Sneak, San Quinn, Suga Free, Dru Down, Lenny Williams, Suga T, Messy Marv, Dem Hoodstarz, Ya Boy, The DB’z, Larooth, Turf Talk, Clyde Carson, Husalah, Mugzi, Kris Kalico, B-Slimm, J-Diggs, Big Rich , Cousin Fik, Stressmatic, Mike Marshall, Marty James of One Block Radius and many more. E-40’s son Droop-E, President of Heavy On The Grind also Co-Executive Produced the album, this marks a successful launch-pad for the label. “I would like to thank everyone that participated in making this project happen, the grit don’t quit” says, E-40. Fans can keep up with E-40 as he continues promoting “Revenue Retrievin Day Shift” & “Revenue Retrievin Night Shift” on Twitter @thereale40, www.myspace.com/e40 and www.facebook.com/e40music.

This part is not a part of the press release but I wanted to share with yall anyways.

E-40 "Day.." (3/30/10)
12,110 Total Scans
11,806 CD
304 Digital
#47 Top 200
#4 RL Independent CA
#15 Current R&B Overall
#5 Current Rap Albums
#4 current rap album core stores
#10 Current r&b albums core stores
#38 top physical albums
#47 on top current

E-40 "Night..." (3/30/10)
11,925 Total Scans
11,728 CD
197 Digital
#49 Top 200
#5 RL Independent CA
#17 R&B
#6 Current Rap Albums
#5 current rap album core stores
#11 Current r&b albums core stores
#39 top physical albums
#49 top current

E-40 "Day & Night Kit" (3/30/10)
5,101 Total Scans
865 CD/Merch
4,256 Digtial
#121 Top 200
#12 RL Indepedent CA
#32 R&B
#14 Current Rap Albums
#19 current rap album core stores
#21 on current digital albums
#21 on overall digital albums
#51 Current r&b albums core stores
#121 on top current

E-40 BENCH
RR': (DAY / NIGHT / D&N KIT) / BALL STREET JOURNAL (11/25/2008)
1st week: (12,110 / 11,925 / 5,101 = 29,136) / 30,369
Physical: (11,806 / 11,728 / 865) / 27,951
Digital: ( 304 / 197 / 4,256) / 2,418
Top 200: (#47 / #49 / #121) / #42

*Note - if albums sales for RR were combined - total sales are 29,136; Chart sales - #19 on Top 200

There are still a few mom and pops and barber shops left in the south and mid west who dont have sound scan. These albums are well over 30k in sales already.

Sep 5, 2008
so how long till we can get a remixed best of from these cd's? 40s spitting way too hard for those beats.

or do like someone else mentioned, release the acapellas like jay-z did.

Mar 20, 2006
movie-music-videogame-reviews.blogspot.com
so how long till we can get a remixed best of from these cd's? 40s spitting way too hard for those beats.

or do like someone else mentioned, release the acapellas like jay-z did.
Im enjoying the beats more each day, but I agree an Accapella version of the album for producers to mess around with would be dope. Some of the Jayz Black album remixes where much better then the actual cd.

Feb 8, 2006
Major props to 40 for being a business man............. Even if he didnt sell another album off this project independently its a success........ Just getting started and forty gonne hit atleast 75k when its all said and done.... Quality project quality plan good job 40.....

Handz

Sicc OG
Jan 28, 2006
Seems like this can be our foot in the door by making a statement outside The Bay. We ain't buying South music anymore, we realized we got the better talent our here in our own backyard. Every Bay album I buy is on point and because of siccness I know whats hot across the Bridge. The South never really showed "enough" love to the Bay, we always supported them but they never looked out for us. Now that were not buying their sh*t, the numbers are going to shift and L.A is making some noise right now. It's going to be a HOT SUMMER!

May 15, 2009
Seems like this can be our foot in the door by making a statement outside The Bay. We ain't buying South music anymore, we realized we got the better talent our here in our own backyard. Every Bay album I buy is on point and because of siccness I know whats hot across the Bridge. The South never really showed "enough" love to the Bay, we always supported them but they never looked out for us. Now that were not buying their sh*t, the numbers are going to shift and L.A is making some noise right now. It's going to be a HOT SUMMER!
lol huh? listen to some south music before you make a statement like that...scarface, ugk, 3-6 mafia, big mike, eightball and mjg, willie d, ska-face al capone and so many others have always showed the west love bruh, do some homework

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
The only problem I can see from this is it will put more pressure on Heavy On The Grind for their next project. This success might be a lot to live up to. Then again, this is what you would call a good problem to have.