Dwight Howard to Da Bulls?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 5, 2009
Report: Bulls Interested in Acquiring Dwight Howard, Lakers' Pursuit Losing Momentum by Ben Levine on Sun, May 29, 2011 at 12:17PM

Less than a week after being bounced from the playoffs, there are already rumors surfacing that the Chicago Bulls, who finished with the NBA’s best regular season record, may be looking to make a dramatic change to their roster.
ESPN’s Michael Wilbon stated that the Chicago Bulls have already begun inquiring on the availability of Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard. “At first those rumors sounded crazy,” Wilbon said on his daily show, PTI, “but you start hearing more and more of it from credible people.”
The Magic will presumably be looking for an impact big-man in return, and Chicago has pieces like Joakim Noah, Omer Asik, and Carlos Boozer. Chicago’s big men were ineffective in their series against the Miami Heat. Boozer and Noah, the starting four and five respectively, combined for 20.4 points and 20 rebounds per game. By comparison, Howard averaged 27 points and 15.5 rebounds per game in his first-round series against the Atlanta Hawks.
Another team rumored to be in on the Dwight action, the Los Angeles Lakers, have reportedly lost some steam in their pursuit of the all-star big man.
It’s been assumed Los Angeles would be the perfect fit for Dwight Howard. He’d be able to embrace the Hollywood lifestyle, team-up with a future Hall of Famer in Kobe Bryant, and be prepared to take over the franchise once Kobe’s time is done.
Yet, according to Ric Bucher of ESPN, the Lakers have dropped behind Orlando, Dallas, and New Jersey in Dwight’s list of potential destinations. While the Lakers’ unwillingness to part with center Andrew Bynum may halt trade talks, Bucher claims there are “reasons beyond” the actual logistics of the trade.
The Dallas Mavericks could certainly be an attractive destination considering their Western Conference championship this season. The New Jersey Nets acquired all-star Deron Williams at the trade deadline and are preparing for a move to Brooklyn. The Magic would obviously love to keep their franchise center, but Howard has made it clear that he wants more talent around him.
Where do you think Dwight will play next season? Will he still be on the Magic or will he be sporting a new uniform? Voice your opinion below.

Jan 12, 2006
lol @ this article. the bulls were also just as interested in bosh and james last season and we all saw how that worked out for them.

and lol @ Ric "I'd bet my house that Kobe won't be in a Lakers uniform" Bucher

Oct 11, 2009
IF I WAS THE BULLS GM I WOULDN'T WANT TO TRADE JOAKIM NOAH... YOU CANT REPLACE THE ENERGY HE HAS OR THE EFFORT HE PUTS FORTH... I'D GET ID OF BOOZER REAL QUICK THO...

Nov 4, 2002
Howard has next season and then he becomes a free agent. Anything at this point will be done through trade. Not only does a potential trade partner have to give up significant pieces for his services this year, they also have make sure he wants to sign a long term extension with that team. Or else its never happening..........

May 11, 2002
Dwight Howard is not planning on following Shaquille O'Neal's lead and bolting the Orlando Magic via fee agency.

Or so Howard is saying a year before the he hits the open market following next season. The center is under contract with the Magic through the 2012-13 season, but can terminate the deal a year early.

O'Neal, looking to take his talents to Hollywood, left the Magic for the Los Angeles Lakers after the 1995-96 season.

"I'm not trying to run behind nobody like Shaq or be behind somebody else," Howard told the Orlando Sentinel Monday.

"I want to start my own path and I want people to follow my path and not just follow somebody else's path. I want to have my own path, and I want to start that here in Orlando. But I can't do it alone. Not only do I need the right teammates, but I need the city behind me. That's the only way it's going to get done. We can change this small city that we have -- this small market that we have -- and we can make it a big market."

In order to make that leap it appears the Magic would have to re-tool their roster to appease Howard. Following a first-round playoff ouster by the Atlanta Hawks, the Magic would have to give the All-NBA center a stronger supposting cast to make the club a bigger threat to win a championship.

A deeper run in the playoffs would perhaps give Howard even more reason to stay put in Orlando.

"As of right now, I'm a part of the Orlando Magic and I plan to be here," Howard told the newspaper.

"And I want the Magic to do whatever they can to make sure that we can get our city behind us. That's the only thing that I want to happen: just to have the city behind me and the support of our fans.

"I never said I was leaving. I never, ever thought about leaving. That's basically where my head is right now. I never said anything to them (the Magic) about what my plans were because that's not what I'm focused on right now."http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6609008

Oct 11, 2009
DWIGHT HOWARD IS BASICALLY SAYING HE NEEDS ANOTHER SUPERSTAR... THEY'VE GIVEN HIM SLASHERS (VINCE CARTER, JASON RICHARDSON) THEY'VE GIVEN HIM SHOOTERS (RASHARD LEWIS, HEDO TURKEYGLUE), THE'VE NEVER GIVEN HIM A BONAFIDE STAR OR EVEN A POTENTIAL STAR...

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
he's resigning so he doesn't get fucked over by the new cba. he already knows the magic won't do jack shit to get him help. they gave rashard lewis something like a 120$ mil conract, he's not worth half that. their front office is a bunch of shortbus kids. I really doubt dwight wants to stay there.

Nov 7, 2006
DWIGHT HOWARD IS BASICALLY SAYING HE NEEDS ANOTHER SUPERSTAR... THEY'VE GIVEN HIM SLASHERS (VINCE CARTER, JASON RICHARDSON) THEY'VE GIVEN HIM SHOOTERS (RASHARD LEWIS, HEDO TURKEYGLUE), THE'VE NEVER GIVEN HIM A BONAFIDE STAR OR EVEN A POTENTIAL STAR...
yeah because HE IS THE STAR. they gave him every player needed to win it all but lack of defense from all players fucked it up and i blame that on there bitch ass coach. he's a cool dude but shitty coach.

Oct 11, 2009
TRUE BUT HIS SHOOTERS DIDN'T SHOOT WELL AND THE SLASHERS WASN'T GETTING TO THE BASKET... DWIGHT HOWARDS OFFENSIVE GAME IS SOMEWHAT LIMITED AND WHEN YOU PUT ALL THAT TOGETHER PLUS EVERY OTHER STAR IS TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO LINK UP WITH ANOTHER STAR WHAT CAN DWIGHT DO WITHOUT AT LEAST A STAR IN THE MAKING TO PLAY WITH...