Drake and OVO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
This has become a pissing contest. Since some people are anti Drake I'd like to know who they actually consider tight right now in the music scene.

Apr 25, 2002
I have no problem for people who don't like Drakes music, or any other music for that matter.

Like I have said, I don't go into threads about other artists who i don't necessarily like and make post after post about fucking non sense.

The blatant hating just has never made sense to me. It never will.

But I certainly respect the fact that Drake is not for everyone. Just find it funny-style when people come in with such passionate hate.

May 16, 2002
I have no problem for people who don't like Drakes music, or any other music for that matter.

Like I have said, I don't go into threads about other artists who i don't necessarily like and make post after post about fucking non sense.

The blatant hating just has never made sense to me. It never will.

But I certainly respect the fact that Drake is not for everyone. Just find it funny-style when people come in with such passionate hate.
I can agree with all this, but then again, this is the Siccness. A message board with different opinions. When I first came to this site it was a bit intimidating. Fools on here were ruthless. No matter who it was, if the shit was whack it was told to you direct with no holds barred. The discussions back then held water due to the people having valid points as to why they felt it was whack etc. I still hold that attitude coming in here, but notice that people catch feelings at times.

Now it just seems like people don't even discuss music here anymore. Everything is based on image & they hate on the music due to that alone. I personally think the music scene & it's fans are seriously getting more narrow minded as the years go on. Think about it this way, if Boy George came out now it be all hate, but he came out in the 80's when people looked & knew it was gay to dress in drag, but accepted that the music was in fact good. And as a music fan, that's all that should matter in the end.

Feb 8, 2003
This has become a pissing contest. Since some people are anti Drake I'd like to know who they actually consider tight right now in the music scene.
probaly some old washed up ass west coast rapper from the 90s that never dropped nothing hot since 1999 that everyone outside the west region has forgotten about. or some never will be known local bay artist

Feb 8, 2003
I can agree with all this, but then again, this is the Siccness. A message board with different opinions. When I first came to this site it was a bit intimidating. Fools on here were ruthless. No matter who it was, if the shit was whack it was told to you direct with no holds barred. The discussions back then held water due to the people having valid points as to why they felt it was whack etc. I still hold that attitude coming in here, but notice that people catch feelings at times.

Now it just seems like people don't even discuss music here anymore. Everything is based on image & they hate on the music due to that alone. I personally think the music scene & it's fans are seriously getting more narrow minded as the years go on. Think about it this way, if Boy George came out now it be all hate, but he came out in the 80's when people looked & knew it was gay to dress in drag, but accepted that the music was in fact good. And as a music fan, that's all that should matter in the end.

actually i think if Boy george came out now hed be fully accepted and still sell bc its more of a gay world nowdays us straight people are about to be out numbered soon. back then only reason he was accepted was bc there wasnt social media to go in depth into his life and it was core music being fed to people only(they barely did alot videos for singles back then) and most artist personal lives was more private and mysterious. and the little info that came out was only in magazines(now you can expose a artist in less then a minute to the whole world via twitter and youtube) while on video shows and appearences they wasnt allowed to touch certain topics.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
yea there are a good number of gay rappers on the indie scene right now, gay musicians been doing well in other genres for decades. thats just dumb to think he wouldnt be accepted today.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
not a fan of drake...but two tracks i do enjoy off this album are "furthest thing" and "own it" and few others are growing ....i think im ok with it in the fact that my lady listens to what i call bullshit rap such as 2 chainz, rick ross, drake ... so when i heard this album a lot of it made me think of her

Feb 8, 2003
well couple people in this thread starting to look stupid and like haters bc its been confirmed by U-GOD himself that wu tang fucks with drake and they just recorded a remix with him in the studio for his wu tang forever remix track and they down with going on tour with him. so who ever said wu didnt liek drake is very incorrect

Attachments

Last edited:

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
I don't get why people get mad when people who don't like Drake voice their opinion.

His fuckin music is all over every popular radio station, all over TV and it's almost guranteed if you are around a TV or radio you will hear him at least once a day.

This shit is force fed down our throats everyday and some people I assume just need somewhere to talk shit on him lol.

I don;t really have hate for Drake though I just cant vibe to his shit, simple as that.

May 3, 2002
I'm not a Drake hater, but I've tried to give his music a chance and I just can't take the dude serious with his music. To each their own, I just mainly try to stay away from current hip hop stations because 80% of what they play is garbage. Even the local DJ's that play hip hop clown on Drake all the time and point out parts of his songs that are subliminally gay, the one that had me cracking up is where they kept pausing Drake's started at the bottom cut where he says 'I can turn a boy into a man', and stating how wrong that sounded.

anyways my 2 cents, carry on.

Eminem's new album will shit on anything Drake is doing.