Dragon Age II

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 11, 2004
The dog hangs around galems house too and you can interact with him there. But you can also summon him to fight with you at any time by pulling up hawkes command wheel, looking under sustained spells, and summoning him, if you have him available as dlc.

Mar 12, 2010
Yeah i have have already done that and use the old hound all the time but there was a down loadable content for the black emporium where they said the content will give you a loyal mabari

Jun 11, 2004
Really, I havent heard about that. I got that black emporium too, it just gave me a bunch of weapons and recipes and shit. I wish there was a real dog in this game like in origins but from what I read you just get the dog you can summon. But he still fucks shit up pretty well.

This game is dope been playin tough the last two nights and its gettin better and better.

Mar 12, 2010
Rogue seems the way to go i dont know why i went warrior to start this time but am working my way thru the game it has a pretty good story line and challenging when playing on nightmare

Jun 11, 2004
I just started act 2 and the story seems to be gettin better. It's crazy some of the choices you gotta make. I've already lost a few valuable party members. oh well

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
The only thing I dislike about this game, is that they obviously cut some corners.

Like, re-using certain maps a hundred times. Not letting you have different armor for your allies (not that big of a deal, but it's still cool to be able to do). And things of the such.

Still a good game, though.

Dec 3, 2005
yeah they did use the fuck outta the same maps over and over and over! and i didnt really mind that much about only being able to upgrade your allies armor, not choosing what they wear. im like 36 hours in, pretty dope though, played as a warrior, gonna be a mage the next time through i think and just kill everything, always chose the worst thing to say, etc

May 6, 2002
I finished my first playthrough tonight. Shit was nice. Ending was dope (for the way I played).

I'll probably make another playthrough soon as a different class (probably Warrior this time, I was a Rogue last time). Gonna make completely opposite decisions.
How many hours do you think you put into it?
Did you do all the side quests, gain as much as you could, etc. or did you just run through it?

Just want to get a feel for the time involved so I know what I am getting into when I buy it.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
How many hours do you think you put into it?
Did you do all the side quests, gain as much as you could, etc. or did you just run through it?

Just want to get a feel for the time involved so I know what I am getting into when I buy it.
I did a good bit. At least MOST of what I could find. I'm pretty sure there was a quest or two I didn't complete for whatever reason, but I did a LOT of shit in it.

I finished in around 35 hours.

Mar 12, 2010
HOLY SHIT 35 HOURS I HAVE BEEN DOIJG ALL THE QUEST I CAN FIND AND HAVE BEEN DOING THE FUNNY REMARKS ON ALL THE CONVERSATIONS. ONE QUESTION I HAVE THOUGH IS WHAT ITEMS CAN YOU GIFT TO YOUR PARTY MEMBERS?? DOES ANYONE KNOW BECAUSE IN ORGINS THAT WAS A BIG THING

Jun 11, 2004
I fucked isabela like the filthy whore she is lol. But where can I find her again? She isn't at the bar anymore. I thought if you romance a character they move into your house but I don't see her. I wanna hit that again lol

Jun 11, 2004
So yea overall this game gets a C+ from me. It's a great game with lots of content (took me 45 hours to beat) but it's just not up to the standards I've come to expect from bioware with games like mass effect and the first dragon age. I like the streamlined combat and rpg elements, but this game just lacked the epicness of those other games. It's like a really big dlc side story or something, instead of being a true sequel to origins. That and the recycled areas became painful by the end of the game. I'm happy I bought it, but looking back I was hoping for much more. Hopefully next time...

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
ight, can someone answer this...

does the whole story take place pretty much within kirkwall?

like is that the only city that you end up running around in?

i dont mind that alot of maps were reused, but i do hope im not gonna spend 45 hours just to find out the game ends in the same place it started at the beginning