Draft?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 2, 2008
myspace.com
So what if the US does end up in iran and helping out Georgia and all that shit along with Iraq....i see everyone pretty much agreeing that our hands are already tied in Iraq and we dont have the troops for other fronts....

Which makes me ask how many of you think that they would try to re instate the draft if they want more battles and need more troops?

How many of you would agree with a draft and would be down to go GI Joe!

Jun 27, 2003
I don't see a draft coming at all in the near future. What I see is more of a restructuring within the military which is what has been going on for a few years now. Up until a few months ago the Air Force was actually forcing people to get out due to Force Reshaping cuz there's too many people trying to get in. If anything, I'd see the Air Force's AEFs being utilized more to help relieve the Army and Marine Corps out there.

But I definitely don't see a war with Iran anytime in the next 10 years.

Jul 10, 2002
A draft will end any oversea's conflict with the quickness. The second the wealthy and middle class children start getting shipped off against their will and come back in boxes will definately be the cause for a US withdrawl.

Jul 10, 2002
^^^
I used to think right by Israel's side, but seein' how they 'backed' Georgia in it's hour of need, makes one wonder. W/o the endorsement of Russia and/or China, who knows if it's a sure shot?

Plus, if US went into Iran, I'm sure people would step up to the call of the bugle, just like after 9/11. I'd say for every american who strongly opposes any US/Iran conflict, there's an equal counter part in rural & suburban (and urban) u.s. that will sign up.

Additionally since they know a draft will send dissenters into action, and create a further public outcry/resistance to end US occupation oversea's, there will not be a draft. Especially if our economy continues to spiral (which it will), the armed forces will continue to exploit the opportunites, and perhaps make even greater incentives to join the armed services.

I just think they learned their lesson in Vietnam about a draft.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^
I used to think right by Israel's side, but seein' how they 'backed' Georgia in it's hour of need, makes one wonder. W/o the endorsement of Russia and/or China, who knows if it's a sure shot?

Plus, if US went into Iran, I'm sure people would step up to the call of the bugle, just like after 9/11. I'd say for every american who strongly opposes any US/Iran conflict, there's an equal counter part in rural & suburban (and urban) u.s. that will sign up.

Additionally since they know a draft will send dissenters into action, and create a further public outcry/resistance to end US occupation oversea's, there will not be a draft. Especially if our economy continues to spiral (which it will), the armed forces will continue to exploit the opportunites, and perhaps make even greater incentives to join the armed services.

I just think they learned their lesson in Vietnam about a draft.
You can't say because they didn't help Georgia they wouldn't help Israel. Have you read or listened to all the rhetoric coming out from america in regards to helping Israel with Iran?

The only way I see america not helping Israel is if something happens to america that actually prevents america from helping.

Mar 18, 2003
I think America would absolutely bring about a draft in a time of desperation. Something involving Iran and Russia, possibly even China. There is way too much at Atake for America.

Mar 26, 2006
If you go to war with China I hope each one of you can take out 10 chinamen, cause thats the odds you will face :p

Seriously though, Georgia and Israel are very different. To simplify it, the US cares more about Israel.

As for a draft I'd stay back because there would be alot more women about.. hehe but yeah only time I'd pick up a gun to defend my country is if we ever got INVADED.

Jul 10, 2002
You can't say because they didn't help Georgia they wouldn't help Israel. Have you read or listened to all the rhetoric coming out from america in regards to helping Israel with Iran?

The only way I see america not helping Israel is if something happens to america that actually prevents america from helping.
I agree, it just doesn't seem as automatic, or as 'knee jerk' as before.

here's a interesting quote from an article in yahoo.

"...In a sharp response to Bush's speech, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov called Georgia's leadership "a special project of the United States. And we understand that the United States is worried about its project."

Russian news agencies quoted him saying the United States would have to choose "support for a virtual project" and or "real partnership" on issues such as U.S.-Russian cooperation on Iran and other world tension spots...."

Jun 27, 2003
As far as Israel hitting Iran, there is a high possibility for that. They've been showing the world that they're ready to conduct bombing attacks on Iran, and I don't doubt that they may very possibly do this sometime soon. However, I just don't see American military going to Iran for this. It's kind of hard to call it at this point though, but Israel has been preparing to go through with it without American support.

As far as the draft is concerned though, I don't see that happening at all. That would be the straw that broke the camel's back I think, and I'm sure those in charge know this as well. Besides, there's really no need for it in my opinion. As I said, there's enough people signing up on a daily basis to the point that people have been turned away and even forced to separate early. The military will keep doing what it has been doing these past couple year, and that's restructuring the way the Air Force supports combat operations.

As far as making the benefits more attractive, no doubt that's what's happening right now. You've seen the new GI Bill that goes into effect next year? The college benefits are much better than they were before for anyone who's served at least 3 months of service after 9/11. Now it's 100% tuition at the highest rate for your state, money for books, and BAH of an E-5. Not too much incentive to stay in longer than one tour, but definitely some more incentive to enlist.

Jul 2, 2008
myspace.com
i remember years bacc they were discussing the possibilities of reinstating the draft and they said they would even have military jobs for disabled people and that college students would be allowed to dodge it only long enough to finish out their current semester....

Jul 2, 2008
myspace.com
you can never totally rule it out as a possibility cuz theres a reason for selective service and for the govt. to want us males to always be registered with our current addresses n shit....so its a small possibility that they keep in the books for a plan b....