DR.MICHEAL ERIC DYSON WAS IN DAYGO WHO WENT??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 26, 2007
I WENT LAST NITE MAYNE HE WAS CLOWN BILL COSBY ASS!!
HE-LARIOUS CUZZOO HE-LARIOUS!!
HE TOUCHED ISSUES FROM SUPERHEAD-BUSH!!
HE WAS RAPPIN SINGING PREACHIN N TEACHIN ALL AT ONCE!!
IF HE EVER COME BACK YALL NEED TO PEEP'EM!!
HUNNIT

Know What I Mean?
by Michael Eric Dyson
Intro by Jay Z, Outro by Nas
Reflections on Hip Hop

Whether along race, class, or generational lines, hip-hop music has been a source of controversy since the beats got too big and the voices too loud for the block parties that spawned them. America has condemned and commended this music and the culture that inspires it.

Dubbed “the Hip-Hop Intellectual” by critics and fans for his pioneering explorations of rap music in the academy and beyond, Michael Eric Dyson is uniquely situated to probe the most compelling and controversial dimensions of hip-hop culture. Know What I Mean? addresses salient issues within hip hop: the creative expression of degraded youth that has garnered them global exposure; the vexed gender relations that have made rap music a lightning rod for pundits; the commercial explosion that has made an art form a victim of its success; the political elements that have been submerged in the most popular form of hip hop; and the intellectual engagement with some of hip hop’s most influential figures.

In spite of changing trends, both in the music industry and among the intelligentsia, Dyson has always supported and interpreted this art that bloomed unwatered, and in many cases, unwanted from our inner cities. For those who wondered what all the fuss is about in hip hop, Dyson’s bracing and brilliant book breaks it all down.

Jun 26, 2007
^^^FREAKS
HE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT THA STATE IN HIP-HOP AND HOW HIP-HOP IS INFLUENCEN AMERICA!!THATS IS MORE OF A CULTYRE/ART THAN LACEN A COUPLE VERSES AND BEAT AND MOTHA FUCCAS GIGGIN!!HE WAS BREAKEN RAPPERS VERSES DOWN!!IT WAS A COO LIL OL FUNCTION MAYNE!!HE WAS TALKIN BOUT SOULJA BOY ON HOW HE BETTA PUT SOME MONEY TO THA SIDE!!LOL !!HE QUOTED PAC, BIGGIE,SCARFACE,JAYZ,NAS,ETC...

Jun 26, 2007
^^
YEA MAYNE!!
IT WAS HELLA COO!!
I DONT KNO WHAT OTHER SPEAKER WERE THEIR BUT UHH DR.DYSON!!
THEY HAD SOME DOO RAPPING(BLUE)!! AN A BEEZY SPITTN A POEM!!
B4 HE SPOKE!!
!!I BLEW 2 BLUNTS B4 I WENT SO IT MADE IT EVEN BETTA!!

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
dude is pretty intelligent...but when he gets too full of himself and starts acting like he's emcee he comes off as a clown. he makes good points, but then fucks it up by doing his "homeboy" shit. yeah, its funny but after he's done speaking, all u remember is the bullshit clownin.

Jun 26, 2007
LOL^^
I SEE WHERE YOU COMIN FROM YOU MUST OF BEEN TO ONE OF HIS SPEECHS LOL..
HE'S THA BEST OF BOTH WORLDS THAS THE WAY I SEE IT ON SOME REAL TALK IF OL BOY DIDNT DO HIS HOMEBOY ACT I WOULDNT OF FUCC WIT DOOD BUT THAS ME!!
HE DOES GET HIS POINT ACROSS WHEN HE NEEDS TOO AND BELIEVE ME AND YOU FOLX FOLKS GUNNA LISTEN!!
HUNNIT

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
i hope folks are listening...at times it just seems like he's insulting our intelligence by all the shuckin n' jivin he does. thats what pisses me off about when people try to deliver positive messages to the community...

Dec 25, 2003
Yeah!! I remember seeing his discussion panel on CSPAN or some channel like that...
They advertised this in the SWC website & that got me thinkin that I wanna check this out but unfortunately due to work I missed this... Like always... Shucks!!...

Mar 30, 2006
dude is pretty intelligent...but when he gets too full of himself and starts acting like he's emcee he comes off as a clown. he makes good points, but then fucks it up by doing his "homeboy" shit. yeah, its funny but after he's done speaking, all u remember is the bullshit clownin.
He's a good public speaker and orator...But yeah he can get to corny when he tries to rap...It reminds me of my pops when he's trying to make up some rhymes hahha...He does seem like he gets full of himself and dominates a whole Q & A panel...

Why he clown Bill Cosby...Bill Cosby was on some real shit talkin about how people need to stop buying their kids jordans and buying hooked on phonics...He just got knocked for it because he was airing out "dirty laundry" on public tv...

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Why he clown Bill Cosby...Bill Cosby was on some real shit talkin about how people need to stop buying their kids jordans and buying hooked on phonics...He just got knocked for it because he was airing out "dirty laundry" on public tv...
Yeah. We tend to not like getting aired out in public....But thats mainly because of that whole bullshit "blame white folks" idea that our "leaders" have been pushing to us for years...

Feb 7, 2006
Man our leaders aint on some blame white folks they on some take responsibility. The reason people got on cosby cuz he was on some ol ass ignornt shit, talkin bout "what is someone gonna think if you name your kid tynika, Ali, Teyshon" ol ignant ass shit. When he did all that bullshit, people was like oh, you on some other shit, fuck you.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
i disagree. cause as soon as another wise-ass decides to hang another noose somewhere al sharpton and them other motherfuckers come out of the woodwork with their opinions tryna get their tv time...I understand they gotta get their money, but damn...can we talk about more relevant issues?...but they aint got shit to say when the topics of teenage pregnancy, out-of-wedlock births or any other issues that deals with life decisions come up

Jun 15, 2005
my boy brought me dyson's first book about 10 years ago. I recognized his hood allegiance and worldly intellect with a quickness.

He is about as real as it gets.

I'm sorry I missed this opportunity.

Great post savage.