Doritos Tacos Drop March 8th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2005
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/17/taco-bell-doritos-tacos_n_1284578.html
Taco Bell Doritos Tacos Go Nationwide: New Dish Available Everywhere March 8

Depending on your orientation towards novelty in fast food, March 8th will either be a secular pseudo-holiday or the latest step on the well-trodden path to apocalypse. Why? On Thursday, March 8th, 2012, Mexican fast food chain Taco Bell will finally bring its long-gestating Doritos Locos Tacos -- which subs out a normal hard corn taco shell for a folded circle of Doritos -- to restaurants across the nation.

The national debut will hit under a year after the first reports of Taco Bell's experiments with Dorito-based shells emerged -- and just four months after Taco Bell announced it would be bringing Doritos Locos Tacos to stores around the country.

The tacos will cost $1.29 for a regular and $1.69 for a "Supreme." Taco Bell executives indicated that the Doritos Locos Taco would be a regular fixture on the menu for the foreseeable future, so no need to rush to stores the moment the tacos are available.

Still, Taco Bell seems to be anticipating (or maybe hoping for) such a rush: its website features a countdown clock to the Doritos Locos Taco front and center. It's also allegedly prepped 85 million Doritos taco shells in advance of the launch. That's almost one for every three Americans.

Taco Bell has been frantically releasing new products recently, perhaps in an attempt to distract consumers from a series of PR snafus over the past few years. The Yum Brands-owned chain is testing a new "First Meal" menu of breakfast items and an upscale Cantinas line that it hopes will be able to compete with Chipotle.

View attachment 108613

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I won't front like I don't be getting my grub on at Taco Bell here and there. Hell I'll probably even try the Dorito taco because you know, it's like stoned/drunk type food. That said if someone asked me if I wanted to go grab some Mexican food and pulled into a Taco Bell I'd slap the shit out of them.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yo, this just reminded me, why the fuck did they get rid of mexi-nuggets? Like I know they were just tator tots with some seasoning on them and all but I loved me some mexi-nuggets when I was stoned as fuck.

Sep 25, 2005
I don't trust a man that doesn't like doritos. Either he's a fool or he's lying or both. And yeah, IDK why they got rid of mexi nuggets. Was the title not politically correct? When I moved to socal from washifas in 1998 or so I noticed they were missing down there.

May 22, 2006
Taco bell shud give one to every prison inmate in America cuz they basically jacked the frito burrito from the mainline spread classic recipe book.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
doritos + fire sauce = made for each other

i used to save up taco bell fire sauce packets, then when you get like 30 of them, take a 1.29 bag of doritos, put it on a plate, grind a SHIT TON of fresh black pepper over the top, sprinkle some grated sharp cheddar cheese on top, top it with like half the fire sauce packets, mix it all up, grind more pepper on it, more fire sauce packets, m0ar cheez. fuckin delicious. wash it down with some red flavored kool-aid

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
that sounds so gross butcher

doritos, hot sauce and fresh ground black pepper?

hold up, my bbq cardboard burgers are burner brb....

whats next? subway sammichs laced with lays potato chips?

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005

i used to save up taco bell fire sauce packets, then when you get like 30 of them, take a 1.29 bag of doritos, put it on a plate, grind a SHIT TON of fresh black pepper over the top, sprinkle some grated sharp cheddar cheese on top, top it with like half the fire sauce packets, mix it all up, grind more pepper on it, more fire sauce packets, m0ar cheez. fuckin delicious. wash it down with some red flavored kool-aid
that sounds really weird

Jan 29, 2005
PHX

word, i'd do something similar just no black pepper. I'd put a ton of doritios on a plate, put like a whole bag of shredded cheese on top, put it in the microwave for a minute to melt all the cheese then put a bunch of salsa on top, only did the taco bell sauce packet things a couple times when I was out of salsa.