Doomsday Productions XV Black Market version: how many releases?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
XV by doomsday exists in several presses, but I wasn't aware that even the black market release is found in at least two versions. Ant-1 had one for sale a couple of weeks ago which had a silver disc with a generic DIDX ring code, titles and logos. Mine, also on black market, has a black disc with only XV in white (not Arial type of font like the later cinsity re-re) and the ring code BMR[the black market number]. Other than that I'd say that the two releases are identical.

anybody else have either versions? Which one is the first CD pressing (tape was OG release)? I'd guess that the DIDX version is the first CD pressing but when did this other one come out? As far as I know cinsity did not release XV with the black market logo and the back picture from that release. The cinsity release has a black disc with XV and features printed on the front cover. Also it has website addresses and other added features.

Jan 6, 2003
Thanks fellas. I'm talking about two different versions of the Black Market version without features on the front cover. One has a DIDX ring code and a silver disc, the other has a black disc and only XV written on it with the ring code BMR15D. I would guess that the DIDX version is the OG but when was that other one released? the front cover doesn't have any features written on it.
the later re-release you refer to with features written on the front cover doesn't have any black market logo.

Jan 6, 2003
Yup the first three ones are different re-releases but they are not from 1994 (do you really think they had a website back in 94 LOL?). the signed one is from their website cinsityrecords where you could order signed copies. The first one is from a later website, doomsta.com. the artwork has been freshed up a bit compared to the signed one. the third is also a re-release but I don't know which number in line that one is. both the first and last one says C & P 1999 if you check the covers

the first press I'm talking about is the fourth one you show. But I'm talking about another black market release.... I guess I gotta dig out mine and provide a scan LOL

Jan 6, 2003
Thanks fellas. I guess the DIDX silver disc version is the OG, which makes sense. According to what is written on the re-release cover, they started pressing the re-re in 1999, as cinsity releases. I have a black market/cinsity version which is completely indentical to the DIDX black market/cinsity version, only difference is the disc:

View attachment 109677

View attachment 109678

View attachment 109679

View attachment 109680

the inner ring is silver, not black as it appears in the scan. The ring code of this is BMR15 D 4L JVC CA, there's also a IFPI L241. I don't think this was re-released together with the later cinsity versions. But when was it released? Anybody else have this version?

Jun 7, 2006
I think that the "IFPI" is a sign of OG ?

I often find him on OGs.

For to return on my post of brotha lynch...

It means that on the site rapmusicguide. the 1st press and the re-releas would be inverted ?

Apr 26, 2010
black market used didx on its og presses of 24 deep and x raided psycho active , so its safe to assume the silver disc with the didx press code is the actual first press, the black disc is the 2nd press which probably came out whithin a year of the silver disc due to black market switching to ifpi for production of discs i.e. season of da siccness, loaded so on and so forth , and then there are multiple other presses of doomsday xv that came out just on cinsity records , at least 3 that I know of

Nov 26, 2002
Don't wanna create individual thread, can you tell me fellas how much worth
Doomsday Productions "Filthy" Sealed
Didn't find CD at all, just tapes.
And there is only one version of that one?

Jan 6, 2003
black market used didx on its og presses of 24 deep and x raided psycho active , so its safe to assume the silver disc with the didx press code is the actual first press, the black disc is the 2nd press which probably came out whithin a year of the silver disc due to black market switching to ifpi for production of discs i.e. season of da siccness, loaded so on and so forth , and then there are multiple other presses of doomsday xv that came out just on cinsity records , at least 3 that I know of
You might very well be correct on that one besides that IFPI doesn't produce discs themselves. That's an association for the protection of artistical legal rights.

Apr 26, 2010
There are many different versions of Filthy so it all depends on what release you have. The original didx press code version of filthy is worth around 60-80

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks fellas. I guess the DIDX silver disc version is the OG, which makes sense. According to what is written on the re-release cover, they started pressing the re-re in 1999, as cinsity releases. I have a black market/cinsity version which is completely indentical to the DIDX black market/cinsity version, only difference is the disc:

View attachment 109677

View attachment 109678

View attachment 109679

View attachment 109680

the inner ring is silver, not black as it appears in the scan. The ring code of this is BMR15 D 4L JVC CA, there's also a IFPI L241. I don't think this was re-released together with the later cinsity versions. But when was it released? Anybody else have this version?
I NOTICE THERE'S MORE SMOKE PICTURED ON THE INSIDE OF THAT INSERT, THAN ON MY TAPE VERSION. I WONDER IF THEY HAVE A CD INSERT LIKE THE 1 I GOT ON TAPE.