Does Washington Owe Toyota an Apology?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 27, 2010
The more I think about this whole Toyota thing http://www.nhtsa.gov/PR/DOT-16-11, the more pissed off I get - and I don't even own a Toyota. After a year of trashing the company's cars, the government is just saying, "oops, my bad" and shrugging their shoulders http://thehill.com/homenews/house/143153-outrage-over-toyota-turns-into-shrugs-a-year-later-. This could have happened to any car company. Heck, this could have happened to any company, period.

It's a fascinating marketing challenge, though. I wonder how I would have handled it.

Nov 1, 2004
A car can be made in America and the corporate profits can go overseas.
Makes a lot of sense, Detroit is failing so they smash on a competitor to help them out.
The public is dumb, the government does whatever the fuck they want.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
A car can be made in America and the corporate profits can go overseas.
Makes a lot of sense, Detroit is failing so they smash on a competitor to help them out.
The public is dumb, the government does whatever the fuck they want.
Yes, corporate profits go overseas, but a lot of the factory jobs are here in the US.

Nov 1, 2004
Did I say the same thing? My boy used to work at NUMMI making those cars. Its good that they are being made in the US but I would rather both corporate and factory profits go to Americans. I have a Nissan tho, I like reliability...

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I don't care what millionaires my mony goes to. Japan USA whatever. Bottom linethe people that need the money are the workers. I used to think that if it was japanese it was made in japan. So bought a ford. Looked in the door: MADE IN MEXICO....

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
I don't care what millionaires my mony goes to. Japan USA whatever. Bottom linethe people that need the money are the workers. I used to think that if it was japanese it was made in japan. So bought a ford. Looked in the door: MADE IN MEXICO....
LOL 4/5 of my GM cars I owned are made in Canada.

Apr 25, 2002
toyota is the best bang for your buck if you want a nice reliable car. i got love for american cars too got a 72 drop cutlass, but i would never buy a new american car unless it's a ride like a new challenger or maro or somethin.