Doberman

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 1, 2003
what happend to it ? 3 flashing lights ?

it's dead or what ?

that shit sucks.....why the fucc is microshit sellin these damn things if alot of em are fuccin up ?

bad bizzness

May 1, 2003
Just now saw this. But yeah...three red lights , the upper right one is the only one out which means hardware failure. It was manufactured in April 2006....I've sent a gang of emails to MS. Finally get a response today:
Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that you see three
lights on the Ring of Light flash red on the front of the Xbox 360
console. The upper-right quadrant light is the only light that does not
flash red.

This behavior occurs when the Xbox 360 console experiences a hardware
failure.

Please try the following steps to resolve the concern that you?re
having:
1. Restart your console.
2. If that does not resolve the issue, unplug all the cables from the
console, and then firmly plug the cables in.
3. Have the customer power-off the console, remove the hard disk
drive, and then turn on the console.
a. If the 3x Red LED error light is no longer displayed, have the
customer turn-off the console, re-attach the hard disk drive, and then
turn on the console.

If you continue to experience this behavior, contact Xbox Customer
Support.

It's the script the customer service rep reads over the phone to ANYONE having problems.....SMH!

May 1, 2003
I'm just going to have to break bread wit $130 for repairs...or should I say a refurbished system. Then 49$ for a 2 year warranty. Plus shipping and handling. I've noticed a lot peoples going down soon after playing Gears of War for a lil while. The drive would spin hella loud during certain parts of the game where the graphics were intense. I kinda hear a rattle in the drive now. So keep an eye on yours.

Apr 25, 2002
That's messed up man. I was kinda hoping yours was manufactured last year that way they could fix it for free. I've had mine since launch with the intercooler plugged into it and it's still running good.

Have you tried buying the 2 year extended warranty from them still and then send it off to get fixed?

Oct 5, 2004
i had them 3 red lights once... i was about to be pissed but then i realized my adapter had jimmy'd its way out of the back a lil bit.. jus plugged it back in tight an shit was proper

Feb 4, 2005
u know a few peole been sayin gow crashed there xbox 360s shits getting me scared. I was playin it last nite an a cut scene came on an for about 20 secs marcus had not detail on him he was jus a polygon type model, turned my shit off an haven't played gears since.

hopefully it was just a little glitch but ya never know, so I think ill lay off it a while til I read up on it in xbox forums. til then me an burnout getin reaquinted.

Nov 16, 2004
Doberman said:
I'm just going to have to break bread wit $130 for repairs...or should I say a refurbished system. Then 49$ for a 2 year warranty. Plus shipping and handling. I've noticed a lot peoples going down soon after playing Gears of War for a lil while. The drive would spin hella loud during certain parts of the game where the graphics were intense. I kinda hear a rattle in the drive now. So keep an eye on yours.
Sorry to hear about that. I just got my xbox and one time I turned on the console and the red lights flashed and on the tv it said something like E68 or something like that. I unplugged it and plugged it back it and has been working fine. I got a 2 year warranty for $35 from overstock.com and since I used my AmEx card I got another free year warranty after OS expires.

Anyway, what do you mean you hear a rattle? I hear a rattle in my xbox too since I bought it, sounds like something's loose in there. Is the rattle from your HDD or from the system? And the first game I played on my 360 was GOW, shit was making weird spin noises as well like clicking sounds. I rented another game and haven't heard that clicking sound with the game is spinning, must be GOW...

Also, it could be the dvd-rom, trying using a lens cleaner, dust could've fucked it up. I had an older xbox with 3 red lights and swapped the dvd-rom and worked perfectly...

May 1, 2003
murderman said:
i've played all them games and my shit aint dead

It's hit and miss. I went over to 1up.com and some folks over there have the same issues. Hell they even got a "Three Red Light Club" over there...lol. I joined.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
Damn ya'll got me scared to play my XBox and shit cuze like 1 out of every 4 times I turn it on I get the 3 Red Light Flash of Death and shit. Kinda wish I woulda got that warranty from Gamestop now where you can just trade in your system if it gets fucked. I think they wanted like $60-$80 at the time though, could be a lil off wit the price though haha.

May 1, 2003
ArYo said:
Damn ya'll got me scared to play my XBox and shit cuze like 1 out of every 4 times I turn it on I get the 3 Red Light Flash of Death and shit. Kinda wish I woulda got that warranty from Gamestop now where you can just trade in your system if it gets fucked. I think they wanted like $60-$80 at the time though, could be a lil off wit the price though haha.
Make sure it's not 4 lights...that means the A/V cable is loose...if it's 3 lights and the upper right one is not lit...then it's the beginning of the end.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
Doberman said:
Make sure it's not 4 lights...that means the A/V cable is loose...if it's 3 lights and the upper right one is not lit...then it's the beginning of the end.
you got me all nervous to check now, haha.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
well i found out i get the 3 red rings for sure. and it happens 1 out of every say 4 times I turn it on. so its just ready to blow huh?