Do you record yourself? or pay for studio time?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2005
i got like a $80 mic, some desent earphones and Cool Edit 2.0 on my Dell..i record in my diningroom. i just make sure the house is quiet. so far i passed out 2 mixtapes and working on a third people always ask what studio i go to. they laugh when i tell'em.
thats cool.. u makin it work. i might start doin somethin like that or hit up my friends neighbors studio.

Jul 10, 2005
i record by myself

my ghetto studio:

shure mic (dunno which one, its sum 50 dollar one so it ain't great, im tryna et tha sm58)
a hanger wit a stockin cap over it, lmao
and cool edit pro

whoever has pro tools, can y'all hit a nigga up wit that?

Feb 26, 2006
www.myspace.com
BAYTION WIDE said:
thats cool.. u makin it work. i might start doin somethin like that or hit up my friends neighbors studio.
when i get enough tracks to complet a "homemade" album, i sit home on the weekend and burn bout cds. if you wanna hear the quality, hit up www.myspace.com/rumplebigdinorlarry. no mastering though. i just love to hear myself behind a track.

Jan 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
80connecta said:
i got like a $80 mic, some desent earphones and Cool Edit 2.0 on my Dell..i record in my diningroom. i just make sure the house is quiet. so far i passed out 2 mixtapes and working on a third people always ask what studio i go to. they laugh when i tell'em.
What type of Mic?I need a cheap but good mic that hooks up to a usb slot, any recommendations? Also on Cool Edit Pro I can not adjust the track when I lay it, like lets say I lay my verse down at 2:40 and I want it at 2:42 I can't slide it over..any help?

Jun 13, 2002
i pay for studio time, usually i'll fuck wit my nigg DC Studio in San Jose, Lee Majors Studio in Oakland, Nexeus Connection in Oakland, or Legacy Studios in Berkely.

We did record ourself, all we had was a basic Pro-tool's set-up, i think my boy had the 001 box.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
if you got the bread the best computer to use is a MAC hands down and also cool edit pro come on now lol if yall got macs i will plug you guys with Logic Pro 7 and i will try for all the windows users to upload either cubase SX or protools for you guys
dont even trip because cool edit is cool if you really aint tryin to push shit out heavily but you need something a lil better

Feb 2, 2006
yung-g said:
i pay for studio time, usually i'll fuck wit my nigg DC Studio in San Jose, Lee Majors Studio in Oakland, Nexeus Connection in Oakland, or Legacy Studios in Berkely.

We did record ourself, all we had was a basic Pro-tool's set-up, i think my boy had the 001 box.

just went to legacy the other day they got a coo setup.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
if you near pittsburg you need to hit Nu-tone Recordings They Got Some Nice Setup Too For Rock....Ra....Gospel...the whole get down

willie the dude their knows his shit real talk

Feb 13, 2006
-Davey D Cohn's studio in South City (where Done Deal records)
-Hot Box studio in Oakland (where Team & Keak record)
-The Grill & Fantasy & Infintie (everybody)

Investing in sound is the number one thing-It dont matter what your spittin if people cant hear you...

Dec 13, 2005
"STUDIO VENUS" BABY...ENRIQUE EGLASIAS, GLORIA ESTABON...ASSASSIN, MAGRUFF MUTTLEY, THE BACKSTREET BOYS...ETC ETC...MY FOLKS bill JUST COPPED A BRAND NEW TWO STORY BULIDING PIMPIN...BIG BOY SHIT!

MM

Mar 7, 2006
i only do tracks as a hobby..so no studio time for me...so we record all our shit at my house..we use adobe audition 1.5 with a MXL 990 condenser mic. gets the job done..and the quality is pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.