Do you record yourself? or pay for studio time?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
DEPENDS ON THE CIRCUMSTANCE IF ITS FOR SOMTHING BIG YOU SUPPOSED TO HIT THE BIG STUDIO THE 45-50 DOLLAR AND HOUR STUDIO BUT FOR LIL COO SHIT I RECORD MYSELF

MBOX
PRO TOOLS 7
KRK V6 SPEAKERS
WITH THE 10 INCH WOOFER
WHOLE ROOM WITH STUDIO FOAM
AKG MIC PERCEPTION 200 OR 300
MXL MICS
BLUE TUBE MIC WITH FILTER
REASON AND A BUNCH OF OTHER SOFTWARE
VOICE MODULES

THATS ABOUT IT

Feb 2, 2006
FOLKS IT DONT REALLY MATTER WHAT EQUIPTMENT YOU GOT. ITS THE PERSON WHOS USING IT. YOU CAN HAVE FRUITY LOOPS AND A 100 DOLLAR MIC AND GOE HARDER THAN SOME CATS PAYIN 35 AN HR AT A STUDIO.

Sep 23, 2004
record myself with a top of the line kareoke machine from wal-mart....
naw we made a half ass mic booth in my homies closet with eggcrate for a bed mattress and we got a few lil programs on the computer.... you can d/l all the music programs off limewire... all in all i think theres less than 150 invested in the homemade studi

Feb 8, 2006
It really depends on what quality your looking for. You can record yourself but the sonic quality won't compete with a major artist's sound. The Bay is not known for its sound quality, so if you just plan on releases music around the way go cheap.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
both, I got my own lab..... pro tools 7.0,digi 002, mac g5, roland fantom x-7, nueman tlm 127 mic, bout to snatch that avalon preamp in minute and working towards grabbin an MPC...

I also go to the homie davey d cohn's studio in south city and been thru catfish's in marin but he relocated to frisco-yet to be there...

Feb 26, 2006
www.myspace.com
i got like a $80 mic, some desent earphones and Cool Edit 2.0 on my Dell..i record in my diningroom. i just make sure the house is quiet. so far i passed out 2 mixtapes and working on a third people always ask what studio i go to. they laugh when i tell'em.

Jul 25, 2005
www.robeyee.com
i got a decent recordin setup and a good production setup..
for recording i got a audio technica 3035 and put a blanket up in a corner to deadend the sound i got it goin thru a small tubepre preamp (jus for now till i get more cash) and i rrecord into cubasesx thru my e-mu 1212m interface and im gettin a mixer in a cup days. for production i got a yamaha motif rack es, a roland jp 8080 a midi controller a turntable i sequence in flstudio 6. ive never recorded in a big studio im plannin on doin a couple of things in a few weeks tho.

Oct 2, 2005
Jack Tracks said:
both, I got my own lab..... pro tools 7.0,digi 002, mac g5, roland fantom x-7, nueman tlm 127 mic, bout to snatch that avalon preamp in minute and working towards grabbin an MPC...

I also go to the homie davey d cohn's studio in south city and been thru catfish's in marin but he relocated to frisco-yet to be there...
how do u like ur roland fantom x7 thinkin bout gettin one of them

Feb 21, 2006
I run my own studio up here in the MN

im workin with

Fostex vf160 EX (16 track digital recorder)
AKG Perception 200
BlueBird Blue Mic
Marshal mic
Tube Preamp
Compresser
and thats about it

additional mixing done on my dell

Status
Not open for further replies.