Do you Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savoir?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
There was a store in Little Rock called Mardel. It was this Christian merchandise warehouse, and had a HUGE music collection.

You were able to go into the music department and listen to any cd they had in stock, so when my mom would go shopping, I'd go hang out and listen to all the rap I could find. Never really been a fan of any contemporary music, and the furthest I reached into Christian music was Kirk Franklin.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time there, getting to know the best Christian rap. One afternoon, I ran across an album from a rapper whose name escapes me now, but what attracted me to the album was the Ca$h Money-looking cover. It was on some "Juvenile-400 Degreez" shit.

I popped this disc in, and within the first ten words on track one, the guy had already confessed to murdering "a nigga". I was totally in love with this new Christian rap artist's lyricism, and his approach to hot topics such as rape, murder, gang violence, and alcoholism.

Apparently, he had since renounced his Christian label and was selling to a new, more negativity-friendly market. Turns out, his record label never got the notice, and stocked shelves at Christian book stores all over the nation with the album.

May 16, 2002
I walked in to a Bible store one day in search for a gift. My friend is Christian so I thought I'd get her something she had mentioned to me once before. I forgot what it was, but low & behold I walk up to the register & look down & they had candies & gum of all sorts, but were named different. And even though I believe & have faith I seriously busted out laughing because I thought it was stupid.

Here is one of the things I saw...

Last edited:

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
well i'm a christian, and you know that's true
but sometimes things are lookin' blue
because, i lose sight, and i fall back
i start chillin' to the wrong kinda rap
suddenly i look to see where i am
i call upon the lord to give me a hand
my nature is sin, my flesh corrupt, y'all
but, thank god, things are lookin' up, cause
he works

bars!!!!!!!!!!

May 16, 2002
The only Christian rap album I own is "T-Bone: The Last Street Preacha" which I think is a good album.

Funny thing that happened once: I attended a kids birthday party with my kids back in like 2004. It was a mixture of Mexican Americans & straight up border brothers.

I started to talk to this one dude who got on the subject of rap. He proceeded to promote himself & tell me he had an album coming out within the next two months titled, "Dipped in Platinum." As the conversation went on he then began to ask me if I could get him studio time which I thought was funny.

He went on to talking about how he's traveled and battled other rappers. The guy supposedly being a nortay said he battled lil rob in L.A. & the lil rob gave him props. He then spit the infamous verse he used to defeat lil rob to me & the border brothers at the party gathered around this guy looking impressed.

The verse he spit was a verse from Christian rapper T-Bone which I had in my deck in my truck. I remained quiet and heard the guy tell me more bullshit as I defused the conversation & broke away.

When it came time to leave I gathered my kids, got in my truck as everybody was still outside in the front yard on this sunny day. I put the T-Bone song on & cranked it as my kids & I waved goodbye to everybody at the party.

That guy just stared at me like, damn! LOL!

Last edited:

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
The only Christian rap album I own is "T-Bone: The Last Street Preacha" which I think is a good album.

Funny thing that happened once: I attended a kids birthday party with my kids back in like 2004. It was a mixture of Mexican Americans & straight up border brothers.

I started to talk to this one dude who got on the subject of rap. He proceeded to promote himself & tell me he had an album coming out within the next two months titled, "Dipped in Platinum." As the conversation went on he then began to ask me if I could get him studio time which I thought was funny.

He went on to talking about how he's traveled and battled other rappers. The guy supposedly being a nortay said he battled lil rob in L.A. & the lil rob gave him props. He then spit the infamous verse he used to defeat lil rob to me & the border brothers at the party gathered around this guy looking impressed.

The verse he spit was a verse from Christian rapper T-Bone which I had in my deck in my truck. I remained quiet and heard the guy tell me more bullshit as I defused the conversation & broke away.

When it came tome to leave I gathered my kids, got in my truck as everybody was still outside in the front yard on this sunny day. I put the T-Bone song on & cranked it as my kids & I waved goodbye to everybody at the party.

T-Bone recorded @ Jam Packed Studios with my homeboy MC Dash
( another Christian rapper turned club owner **Myth Tavern / SABOR LOUNGE** ), in which whom also metored many rappers & DJ's out of SJ including Tapemastahsteph DAVE DUB & PERSEVERE, Jae Rilla, Crazy Times Records (KILLASHARKS), FBGz, Masta Steele, ect, ect...

T-Bone ... havent seen dude since the 90's but he was always a cool, humble youngster back then.

AKA ya gotta know your SJ rap history! lol

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2003
www.showcaseyourmusic.com

When it came time to leave I gathered my kids, got in my truck as everybody was still outside in the front yard on this sunny day. I put the T-Bone song on & cranked it as my kids & I waved goodbye to everybody at the party.

If you can check out Lecrae and Reach Records. There are other good Christian artist out there too.

Dec 26, 2003
www.showcaseyourmusic.com
I do.

.....but I MOST CERTAINLY would not come into the siccness AKA "the last remaining sanctuary for GANGSTER rap" & preach about it.

I pray for anything, it is that someday my faith will not lead me into judging others & barking up the wrong tree.
Well there is nobody else preaching this to them and they need to know because Hell is real and it is Eternal. They need to know that they are saved and just need to give their life to Jesus Christ for Eternal life with our Father and Creator Yaweh in the KINGDOM OF PEACE!!