do black people ever feel bad about the social order they've created in Sicily?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 6, 2005
Well, they left behind good and bad. Lots of culture, arts, teaching, plants, food, language, architecture, etc. But the Sicilians were never really a part of Italy until the late 1800s. Sicilians are always considered different than other Italians, especially Northern Italians, and a lot of it has to do with their darker coloring. In order to protect themselves from the oppressive rich "white" Italians, they had to create organized crime. The mafia in Sicily was not originally what it is in the US and Italy today. But now Sicilians are looked at similarly to how gangs are perceived. I actually think it's a pretty close parallel. Most Sicilians don't identify with Italy, and really had no part in most of Italy's historical wrong doings. For example, during WWII, they fought against Mussolini and helped the US. So I'd say they created a culture that became oppressed by other members of society and looked down upon, and some of it had to do with Northern African conquest.

But again, it wasn't a serious question, just pointing out the similarities.
Got it...

Stealth

May 8, 2002
You used blacks in Sicily because you're Sicilian, but you also thought it was a black guy asking that question...I know.
My bad dude, I didn't realize you were psychic. You obviously knew exactly what I was thinking. I apologize if you are overly sensitive about the races that I choose to use to make an example. Clearly I was ignorant to your personal sensitivities, and I'm happy you had the opportunity to address it. Lmao.

Feb 7, 2006
My bad dude, I didn't realize you were psychic. You obviously knew exactly what I was thinking. I apologize if you are overly sensitive about the races that I choose to use to make an example. Clearly I was ignorant to your personal sensitivities, and I'm happy you had the opportunity to address it. Lmao.
Why ya bullshittin?

Apr 18, 2005
that's the problem being too on "one side". being centric about any particular ethnic background & thinking your's had it "worst". evry skin has bled.

Feb 7, 2006
You tried and failed, This thread = fail. No one learned anything because your comparison was flawed on so many levels. Kudos for trying though.

Feb 7, 2006
that's the problem being too on "one side". being centric about any particular ethnic background & thinking your's had it "worst". evry skin has bled.
That doesn't ameliorate those who suffer now because of their "condition", that leads to people embracing this centrist behavior you're talking about.

Feb 7, 2006
I know it's fun telling a failure how much of a failure he is and watch him fail some more in trying to justify his EPIC FUCKING FAIL!

Feb 7, 2006
Welcome to Timm's world...If you're a raging pre-pubescent imbecile, who's only mission in life is to parrot Fox News,well do it your best. Learn how to post irrelevant pics, ignore Christian fundamentalism, scream liberal, or Democrat. Get an erection when you hear less government, When someone brings up a legitimate arguement scream in their face reverse racism, or "don't play the race card, you fuckin muslim!" and many more idiotic things!