DJ Fresh

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

YinkaDare

May 10, 2020
I always said DJ Fresh is one of the best producers around but most of the time he wastes a great beat on a garbage rapper
He has in the past used the same beat for several artists.
He has a great ear for samples but sometimes doesn't add a whole lot to them, unless you know where the original sample is from you can't tell.
I def wouldn't go as far as calling him a genius though, but he is a good producer.

Props: dalycity650

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
He has in the past used the same beat for several artists.
He has a great ear for samples but sometimes doesn't add a whole lot to them, unless you know where the original sample is from you can't tell.
I def wouldn't go as far as calling him a genius though, but he is a good producer.
I still enjoy listening to DJ Fresh but I do agree that some rappers he Collabs with are garbage. I still wish he would have done something with some Latin Artists from the bay but that never happened

Props: YinkaDare

YinkaDare

May 10, 2020
I still enjoy listening to DJ Fresh but I do agree that some rappers he Collabs with are garbage. I still wish he would have done something with some Latin Artists from the bay but that never happened
Yea, it's all business, if you have a few stacks you can do an album with Fresh. I'm not a big fan of his original beats but I'm a big 80s R&B/funk fan and he's sampled so much of that stuff, especially with J. Stalin who I think took the bulk of his best beats.

Yea he hasn't worked with any latinos that I'm aware of, if he did I would imagine it being someone from like H-Town or something like that, or maybe Berner (half mex) is more realistic.

Props: dalycity650

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
Yea, it's all business, if you have a few stacks you can do an album with Fresh. I'm not a big fan of his original beats but I'm a big 80s R&B/funk fan and he's sampled so much of that stuff, especially with J. Stalin who I think took the bulk of his best beats.

Yea he hasn't worked with any latinos that I'm aware of, if he did I would imagine it being someone from like H-Town or something like that, or maybe Berner (half mex) is more realistic.
I always thought DJ Fresh and J Stalin were a great Duo up until the most recent Real World West Oakland. I guess I’m just stuck in the past because I enjoy those old DJ Fresh 80’s funk sounds and a young, hungry, J Stalin spitting on the mic with shady Nate