DirecTV drops 26 Channels

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2005
getting ready to leave comcast since my promotional period is up but Uverse doesnt service my area so i gotta go fuck with dish or direct tv. I got a question for the folks who have either of them, after the first promotional year do they rape you in rates?
So what you end up deciding on?

I've had direct TV for 5 years and I will never leave. Fuck Viacom. You're gonna get locked up for 2 years but you will get the best picture quality of any satellite/cable providers. After your 2 year deal is done, you will get bumped up like $10 a month but its no big deal. You will get free Sunday ticket, which is so fuckin worth it, and free HBO, showtime, etc., free for 3 months as well.

On demand isn't great, but just set your DVR for shit you love and u won't have to worry about on demand. Shitty part about DVR is you can only record 2 things at once, but if you have multiple receivers that doesn't matter. Reason being that they link all your dvr's together so that whatever one room records, u can watch in another room.

As I said, once your 2 yr deal ends, they will bump you up some money, but just sign up for 2 more years and they keep giving you free shit like programming and equipment upgrades. You can always refer a friend and get $100 off your bill (broken up $10 a month). Both you and your friend get that discount. If you decide to go with direct TV, PM me so we can both get the discount lol
Pansas, damn breh you sold me on this shit. I'm fucking done with comcast, like folks was saying they do jack your shit up without telling you. They are trying to charge me 160-170 for 2 HD boxes and not even the top channel package...fuck them. I'm thinking of switching to directv real soon but shit just sounds too good to be true. Is it really something like 35 the first month and only 60-70 bucks on the second year of your contract? It's crazy that's for a decent cable package and the better ones aren't even much more. Do you got the Genie DVR or just separate boxes? I'm looking at the Choice package right now and want HD in 2 rooms still undecided though.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2009
So what you end up deciding on?

Pansas, damn breh you sold me on this shit. I'm fucking done with comcast, like folks was saying they do jack your shit up without telling you. They are trying to charge me 160-170 for 2 HD boxes and not even the top channel package...fuck them. I'm thinking of switching to directv real soon but shit just sounds too good to be true. Is it really something like 35 the first month and only 60-70 bucks on the second year of your contract? It's crazy that's for a decent cable package and the better ones aren't even much more. Do you got the Genie DVR or just separate boxes? I'm looking at the Choice package right now and want HD in 2 rooms still undecided though.
I think it's that cheap for the basic package. I have Total Choice I think and 3 HD-DVR boxes and pay $79 a month. They hooked me up with free Sunday ticket and free Showtime and Cinemax for 3 months. Give them a call and try to get as much free shit possible. If you don't like what they say, call back and speak to another sales rep lol

Props: RAPresentah
Oct 10, 2005
I hope they hold up to their offers and term because I just got hooked the fuck up. I made sure to take screenshots of everything incase these motherfuckers pull some shady shit like Comcast, and raise my shit way beyond what it's supposed to be.

I got the Choice package with 1 HD box and 1 DVR for like $25 for almost the entire first year. I got a random $5 discount for 12 months that just popped up in my cart, $10 for the refer a friend shit, another $10 discount for using auto-bill. It'll go up a bit in the second year but I still locked in savings for months 13-24. I can't wait till this shits hooked up I'm going to order NBALP as soon as it is. Oh yeah and FUCK YOU COMCAST.

Props: Pansas
Jun 21, 2005
^^^ did you do that refer a friend deal? its ten dollars off your bill for ten months...if theres any new subscribers out there pm me....