DIfferrence OG, Repress...?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
when an artist or a label decide to repress, must we consider that as a bootleg or a second pressing?
Legally it's all about who owns the rights to a recording. This can actually imply that if an artist decides to press up new CDs of one sought after old album he might not have the legal right to because the label might own the rights to it. In that case the artist, who made the album, legally bootlegs his own shit.

This has nothing to do with who recorded the albums or not. Remember when Michael Jackson bought the rights to the complete Beatles catalogue. If MJ decided to press the albums again it was his right. If Paul Mc Cartney suddenly made CDR-copies of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and sold it through his facebook page he would be selling a bootleg, no matter how absurd it sounds...

Props: maddyson
Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Topics have been merged.

I have merged both topics, because they're the same. Please use the search engine to find topic/subjects, before you create a new thread. The Siccness Classifieds have been around a very long time, so I'm sure that most topics have been covered before.

Thanks everybody.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
Legally it's all about who owns the rights to a recording. This can actually imply that if an artist decides to press up new CDs of one sought after old album he might not have the legal right to because the label might own the rights to it. In that case the artist, who made the album, legally bootlegs his own shit.

This has nothing to do with who recorded the albums or not. Remember when Michael Jackson bought the rights to the complete Beatles catalogue. If MJ decided to press the albums again it was his right. If Paul Mc Cartney suddenly made CDR-copies of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and sold it through his facebook page he would be selling a bootleg, no matter how absurd it sounds...
thats it,they still own the Copyrights but they dont own the Rights to manufacture and sell any phonograms of it for a specific time.and a intresting info the Copyright ends after 95 years ,no matter what happens :)

May 27, 2006
I have merged both topics, because they're the same. Please use the search engine to find topic/subjects, before you create a new thread. The Siccness Classifieds have been around a very long time, so I'm sure that most topics have been covered before.

Thanks everybody.
The Siccness Classifieds have been around a very long time, and thread merging & post deleting has never been common.

I voted immediately for you as moderator when somebody brought up your name and i still think it fits perfect. But please stop merging threads and deleting posts so the Siccness Classifieds stay the same as they always was.