Del The Funky Homosapien - Upcoming Projects & Collaborations

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 28, 2011
I'll never forget the time when I was in High School I would take the AC transit bus to telegraph in Berkeley to scoop up new vinyl from Amoebas, Lazy Eddy's and Rasputin's along with Tower and I actually bought a few Del singles. When I hopped back on the bus this fool was on there with head phones writing in his book. I asked if he could sign my vinyl i just purchased and he gladly did it but with Japanese or some kind of Hieroglyphic markings lol. He spent a good 2 minutes with my record i think he was off shrooms. lol I was more tripped out that it was the first time I didn't see someone using their celebrity status. Mind you he was just on MTV and the Arsenio Hall show which was big at the time and Ice Cubes cousin. I was like what is this fool doing on the bus ??? Del is a good dude though. He should of gotten more credit for the gorillaz song he did. Much respect to Del!

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I'll never forget the time when I was in High School I would take the AC transit bus to telegraph in Berkeley to scoop up new vinyl from Amoebas, Lazy Eddy's and Rasputin's along with Tower and I actually bought a few Del singles. When I hopped back on the bus this fool was on there with head phones writing in his book. I asked if he could sign my vinyl i just purchased and he gladly did it but with Japanese or some kind of Hieroglyphic markings lol. He spent a good 2 minutes with my record i think he was off shrooms. lol I was more tripped out that it was the first time I didn't see someone using their celebrity status. Mind you he was just on MTV and the Arsenio Hall show which was big at the time and Ice Cubes cousin. I was like what is this fool doing on the bus ??? Del is a good dude though. He should of gotten more credit for the gorillaz song he did. Much respect to Del!

Dinosaur Jr. & Del tha Funkee Homosapien performing "Missing Link" - YouTube
that's awesome

Del was rapping about taking psychedelics in the early 90's way before it was a "cool" thing to do