Deadpool (2016)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2014
didnt see this thread when i made the other one but:

Following the debut of last night's awesome Deadpool trailer, the director of the movie sat down with Empire to break it down shot by shot. There's some interesting reveals and tidbits (Daniel Cudmore was asked to return as Colossus, for example) so click on to check it out...

How many time have you watched the Deadpool trailer? Be honest! Even though you've probably memorized every little detail by now, Tim Miller is on hand to give us some background on what went down in the first officially released footage from the movie.

The director went through all of the most important shots, explaining what was going on during the scenes and providing some context - while dropping a few intriguing extra details (at one point Cannonball and Garrison Kane were considered for supporting characters) here and there while he's at it. We're not going to post them all, but here are the highlights.

"We flash backwards and forwards in time throughout the movie, so this scene of Wade before he’s Deadpool doesn’t necessarily come as early as you’d think. But even if you were to place it linearly, it would still probably come about 20 minutes in. We meet Wade before he’s met Vanessa (Morena Baccarin), when he’s a kind of small-time mercenary. Then he meets her and falls in love, and then they learn he’s got cancer. So this scene is post-cancer."

"That’s Jed Rees, who plays The Recruiter. He was great. He was the main alien in Galaxy Quest: that’s what I knew him from! He did a good job of being creepy and syrupy sweet. The 'superhero' thing is a big issue for fans of Deadpool, and certainly with us. Deadpool’s not a superhero. He doesn’t want to be a superhero. He doesn’t like superheroes. So the whole idea of him potentially becoming a superhero is treated with disdain. We recorded a voiceover this morning where Wade is like, 'Even if you have cancer, just murdered a man in Mexico and you’re on the brink of death, if someone offers you the choice to become a superhero, the answer should be no...'"

"For the most part, we try to stick to the rule that Wade Wilson can’t break the fourth wall. He’s not aware that he’s in a movie. Deadpool is. He only breaks the fourth wall when he’s Deadpool. So we’re tiptoeing on the edge of breaking our own rule there, because he’s still Wade at that point. We shot a few more Green Lantern jokes, but I’m not sure how many will survive the cut. Ryan definitely had some Green Lantern issues to work out. We had about a minute’s worth of dialogue between him and Colossus where he talks about it, like, 'So a guy comes with a thousand-dollar suit and says, "We want you to play a superhero," but there’s no script yet and the release date is completely unmakeable…' He goes on this whole anti-Green Lantern run, but I’m not sure it’ll stay in, because probably not even half the people in the theatres will get those jokes. You can’t only play to the comic fans. He’s spouting weird shit all the time, and if you don’t pick up on every joke, that’s fine. But you can’t leave everybody behind all the time. Any joke that an audience needs to look up on the internet after the movie is not something I’m in favour of. But that scene’s one for the DVD extras, for sure."

Jul 26, 2014
Continue ;

"We were never going to be able to keep Colossus as a secret. He was in the script that leaked and all that. I wasn't actually sure, until we were standing there shooting it, that at some point Fox was going to say, 'Hold on a second; we can’t put Colossus from our treasured X-Men franchise in this movie to be made fun of!' But they did, and not only that, but also they let me change the look of him. As a fanboy I’ve always been like, 'That dude with the shiny skin is not [frick]ing Colossus.' He should be this monstrous guy, and they actually let me make him seven-and-a-half feet tall. I did actually call Daniel Cudmore to ask him if he wanted to do this, even though he’d be entirely CG the whole time. He was very nice about it. He was like, 'I appreciate your offering, but nah.'"

"In the original script the action in the third act was great, but it was just Deadpool and a lot of guns. One of my notes early on was that I wanted to see more superhero stuff. We had Garrison Kane in there for a while, but in the final round of budget cuts we had to take him out, because he was a pretty expensive dude. He’s got these bionic arms that change shape; he would have been a visual effect for a large part of the movie. And as it turned out, a visual effect too far. I went through the list of Marvel characters and picked a few others I thought could be visually spectacular and fun. And at the end of that list was Negasonic, which I just thought was a freaky, funny name. And I sent this list over to the writers, Rhett (Reese) and Paul (Wernick), and they were like, 'Oh my [frick]ing god, we have to use her!' So that’s how she ended up in the movie. Her name was cool, and we kind of wanted a straight-man to play against Colossus. We thought about Cannonball, but he would’ve been a stupid hick character, whereas the guys wrote Negasonic as this deadpan goth teen, which was a great angle. She turned out really well. There aren’t really many definitive Deadpool villains, apart from Cable. If we don’t put Cable in Deadpool 2 I think we’ll be run out of town on a rail."

There isn't a single fan who won't hold Miller to putting Cable in the sequel now! There's much more at the link below. Deadpool hits theaters on February 5, 2016.

Director Tim Miller Breaks Down The DEADPOOL Trailer & Teases A Possible Sequel

May 6, 2002
Deadpool's humor grew and grew the more his comic books went on and now it's just a complete joke. He used to not be so joking. Sure they had some cracks here and there, but now his comics are a big joke from start to finish and he's actually the only character in the Marvel Universe that knows he is a comic character.

The movie will probably be way too humerous for me to enjoy.
Deadpool does have a ton of fan boys though. His comic cameo's are fine, but his actually books have completely fell off. Plus for those who don't follow the comics they recently just killed him off in #250. I'm sure they will bring him back.

Better Marvel movies to look forward to in 2016.
Same with DC.

May 9, 2002
Deadpool's humor grew and grew the more his comic books went on and now it's just a complete joke. He used to not be so joking. Sure they had some cracks here and there, but now his comics are a big joke from start to finish and he's actually the only character in the Marvel Universe that knows he is a comic character.

Deadpool does have a ton of fan boys though. His comic cameo's are fine, but his actually books have completely fell off. Plus for those who don't follow the comics they recently just killed him off in #250. I'm sure they will bring him back.

Same with DC.
The old school deadpool probably wouldnt appeal as much to the masses.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California

Same with DC.
ryan reynolds personality and humor is perfect for deadpool. dude is hilarious imo and knows when to be on or off. too bad i cant take my gfs kid to see it tho lol oh well

May 6, 2002
ryan reynolds personality and humor is perfect for deadpool. dude is hilarious imo and knows when to be on or off. too bad i cant take my gfs kid to see it tho lol oh well
I agree, the actor they picked is fine, I just mean the Deadpool character itself. It's changed so much since the beginning and I expect to movie to drag out the humor even more.

I'm just not a big fan of jokes in comic books or super hero movies. One here or there is OK, but recently (as of the last couple of years), all Deadpool does is be a smart aleck, be sarcastic, etc...

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I agree, the actor they picked is fine, I just mean the Deadpool character itself. It's changed so much since the beginning and I expect to movie to drag out the humor even more.

I'm just not a big fan of jokes in comic books or super hero movies. One here or there is OK, but recently (as of the last couple of years), all Deadpool does is be a smart aleck, be sarcastic, etc...
i agree. current deadpool annoys the fuck out of me. his character is hella obnoxious in the comics now

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
It's been almost 20 years since he started being funny and started breaking the fourth wall and at least 10 years since he's became a weird schitzo. It ain't like all this just happened lol

Those personality traits are what brought him to the mainstream though. Before they gave him humor he was just a minor character that was rarely seen. Before they made him a weirdo schizophrenic his books would last a few years before getting cancelled.

Now he's one of the highest selling books that exist. Whenever I hit the graphic novels section in Barnes and Noble Deadpool has one of the biggest sections, I think Batman might be the only one with more on the shelf.

I don't get how it's surprising he's like this when his character has been exactly like this for over 10 years.

Last edited:

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
I don't think I've ever been this amped for a movie ha ha. Most reviews are positive and even the critics are saying good things! (Save for a few prudes that don't like the language and sexual innuendos)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk