Darren Sproles has a speeching impediment

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
POINTLESS THREAD

SPROLES IS A BEAST...HE DOES HIS TALKING ON THE FIELD
How is it pointless? He made an observation and made a post about it. Technically, having a speech impediment is just an extra hurdle a player has to get through to get where they are, and in Sproles case, to the top of the depth chart of SD. Having something that Sproles has can be tough for a kid in any sport, so i think it is the furthest thing from "pointless".

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
I ACTUALLY TAKE IT BACK I THOUGHT THE ORIGINAL POSTER WAS TRYNA GET HIS CLOWN ON I DIDNT READ THE WHOLE 1ST POST.

YEAH I NOTICED THIS ABOUT SPROLES,MY BOY JUST MET HIM TODAY AT A CHILDRENS HOSPITAL AND HE NOTICED IT A LITTLE TOO.PROPS TO DARREN THOUGH FOR NOT LETTING THAT PREVENT HIM FROM PURSUING AN NFL CAREER

RevoL

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
what does a speech impediment have anything to do with being a good football player? how would that be an obstacle or prevent you from becoming a star running back in the L. if you have talent you have talent period. you think scouts are worried about a handicap like that? i mean if dood was deaf and couldn't hear the play calls and needed hand signals for everything that could be a problem, but cmon its a fuckin speech impediment its not like he's mentally retarded.

Apr 5, 2005
How is it pointless? He made an observation and made a post about it. Technically, having a speech impediment is just an extra hurdle a player has to get through to get where they are, and in Sproles case, to the top of the depth chart of SD. Having something that Sproles has can be tough for a kid in any sport, so i think it is the furthest thing from "pointless".

Good point. Kids will definitely look up to him. Most people with speaking problems tend to shy away from speaking out in public. But in Sproles case he didn't. He could have easily declined the interview and press conference and went about his business.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Sproles is a beast and shows that even when he's not of average size or has speech skills he still can get it done on the field.

Frank Gore is supposedly kinda mentally "slow" but still a very good running back.

May 9, 2002
what does a speech impediment have anything to do with being a good football player? how would that be an obstacle or prevent you from becoming a star running back in the L. if you have talent you have talent period. you think scouts are worried about a handicap like that? i mean if dood was deaf and couldn't hear the play calls and needed hand signals for everything that could be a problem, but cmon its a fuckin speech impediment its not like he's mentally retarded.
Are you kidding me? I dont know if you noticed, but kids in middle school/high school, are fuckin DICKS. A kids confidence can be shaken by the SLIGHTEST of things, even some douche bag clownin him for talking like that. Most kids dont understand why some kids are "different", and thus a bully is born. I mean, lets not even mention the fact that Darren is also 5'5"...so not only does he talk all fucked up, but he is LITTLE.

Low self-confidence can be a KILLER at a young age. So yes, it IS a hurdle and HE jumped over it.