*** Danked Out - "The Takeover" Debut Album (FREE DOWNLOAD) ***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 27, 2005
yeh i definately hear that. no clue

gotta ask ERG bruh. he shot me the beat. out of all the producers on the album, he was the hardest to get a hold off. he sent the beat tracked out and everything too
Rappers shouldn't be doing any business with ERG after this. That fool straight up copied the beat to the best of his wackass ability and passed it off as his own. That shit isn't cool

Jun 5, 2004
I LISTENED AND IM LIKIN IT. SOUNDS MORE LIKE UPBEAT KIND OF PRODUCTION, AND U BROUGHT THAT ENERGY TO EVERY SONG WHICH IS GOOD TO DO ON UR FIRST RELEASE.

RAPS R ON POINT AND CREATIVE WHEN THEY NEED TO BE. AND PRODUCTION IS GOOD QUALITY, AND SEEM LIKE THEY FIT UR STYLE. GOOD AMOUNT OF SONGS THIS SHIT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD BRUH KEEP PUSHIN...

Jun 5, 2004
Rappers shouldn't be doing any business with ERG after this. That fool straight up copied the beat to the best of his wackass ability and passed it off as his own. That shit isn't cool
YEA IF ALL THAT IS TRUE THEN DUDE NEEDS TO GIVE DANKED OUT A REFUND AND AN APOLIGY. THAT SHIT IS BUNK AND THE WORST THING IS SOME PEOPLE DONT REALIZE IT CAN BE ENTIRELY THE PRODUCER'S FAULT WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

Apr 7, 2006
I must be missing something because Track 13 "Wut U Talkin" produced by "Erg" is a poor man's ripoff of Vince V's "Girlz and Gunz" which he posted in the Studio about a year back.

Listen to Vince V's beat here: http://www.rocbattle.com/forums/proddetail.php?prod=29043-Girlz-389
Damn that's hella disappointing, not to mention pathetic on ERG's part. That can't be good for him either considering I remember Vince V talking about how his tracks are copyrighted.

But back to the topic, I downloaded and bought this album. Support Dank.

Jun 14, 2002
I KNEW I HAD HEARD THAT BEAT BEFORE..I WAS THINKIN IT WAS ONE I HAD HEARD ON SOUNDCLICK BUT NOW I REMEMBER LISTENIN TO IT ON VINCE'S BLOG...THAT'S HELLA SHITTY ON THE PRODUCERS PART...

BUT I LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE ALOTTA UPTEMPO BEATS..SOME WOULD CALL THEM "HYPHY" BEATS...BUT THE DIFFERENCE ABOUT YOU IS YOU ACTUALLY BRING THE LYRICAL PART TO THE SONG..I'M PERSONALLY A BIG FAN OF UPTEMPO BEATS...

ALL IN ALL,I'D GIVE THE CD A 8.5/10...MY FAVORITE TRACK IS #10..I THINK IT WAS CALLED "FIRE"..

Feb 5, 2006

good shit brodie. spread the word

yezzir. fuck with it and cop that off itunes if u feelin it

I LISTENED AND IM LIKIN IT. SOUNDS MORE LIKE UPBEAT KIND OF PRODUCTION, AND U BROUGHT THAT ENERGY TO EVERY SONG WHICH IS GOOD TO DO ON UR FIRST RELEASE.

RAPS R ON POINT AND CREATIVE WHEN THEY NEED TO BE. AND PRODUCTION IS GOOD QUALITY, AND SEEM LIKE THEY FIT UR STYLE. GOOD AMOUNT OF SONGS THIS SHIT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD BRUH KEEP PUSHIN...

appreciate that brodie. will do

Apr 27, 2005
Damn that's hella disappointing, not to mention pathetic on ERG's part. That can't be good for him either considering I remember Vince V talking about how his tracks are copyrighted.

ERG doesn't have to worry about Vince V since he's not the one selling the beat on iTunes. Danked Out is the one that needs to worry about Vince V filing a claim

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
ERG doesn't have to worry about Vince V since he's not the one selling the beat on iTunes. Danked Out is the one that needs to worry about Vince V filing a claim
it aint the same exact beat tho. not like DANKED OUT stole it from a producers page/site and used it without rights.

so yes, ERG would be the 1 to worry about any type of claim. but VINCE V would also have to put forth decent work to pursue that claim and have a case.

all in all, its not worth dudes time unless DANKED OUT sold over 50k singles of that 1 song.

then it'd be up to a judge if that beat is enough of a copy to earn rights.

Apr 27, 2005
it aint the same exact beat tho. not like DANKED OUT stole it from a producers page/site and used it without rights.

so yes, ERG would be the 1 to worry about any type of claim. but VINCE V would also have to put forth decent work to pursue that claim and have a case.

all in all, its not worth dudes time unless DANKED OUT sold over 50k singles of that 1 song.

then it'd be up to a judge if that beat is enough of a copy to earn rights.
I'm not saying Danked Out stole the beat. But he WOULD be the one responsible if Vince V decided to pursue legal action. It's been established that Vince V copyrights his beats. It's also true that ERG's beat is a blatant ripoff. The notes are exactly the same. Vince V would win in court if he filed a claim against whoever used his beat, or a beat that used his underlying work, in a commercial manner without his permission.

Consider a similar situation - Danked Out uses a beat that contains a well known sample and he doesn't clear it. Danked Out releases a commercial album using that beat. Who's responsible if the owner of that sample decides to pursue legal action? The producer or Danked Out? I know a music supervisor at MTV who unknowingly licensed and used a song for a show that contained elements from another song. The song didn't have permission to use those elements and the owners filed a claim. Guess who was responsible? MTV was.

So no, ERG wouldn't have to worry. Danked Out is the one would have to worry if Vince V decided to file a claim. I never touched on whether or not it was worth Vince V's time to file a claim or not - that's up to him. And whether or not 50,000 copies are sold is irrelevant. Danked Out doesn't need to sell 50,000 copies to catch Vince V's attention because Vince V posts right here on the Siccness. Vince V could also issue a cease-and-desist order to Danked Out if he felt like it, and it wouldn't necessarily cost him a dime.

Feb 5, 2006

i jus tried to holla at vince about it to see wuts good. i really doubt anything is gonna come from it due to the circumstances. im jus a up n comer tryna gas on these beats. somebody shot me a beat like they usually do and i hopped on it cuz it slapped. had no clue and never heard vince v's beat until now. he should understand that

Feb 5, 2006
YEEE!! good shit bruh

BUT I LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE ALOTTA UPTEMPO BEATS..SOME WOULD CALL THEM "HYPHY" BEATS...BUT THE DIFFERENCE ABOUT YOU IS YOU ACTUALLY BRING THE LYRICAL PART TO THE SONG..I'M PERSONALLY A BIG FAN OF UPTEMPO BEATS...

ALL IN ALL,I'D GIVE THE CD A 8.5/10...MY FAVORITE TRACK IS #10..I THINK IT WAS CALLED "FIRE"..
appreciate that folks and thats exactly wut i was aimin for. when shit gets too lyrical it kinda bores me so i wanted uptempo beats but still try to gas it. thanks for checkin it out. spread the word

Apr 27, 2005
i jus tried to holla at vince about it to see wuts good. i really doubt anything is gonna come from it due to the circumstances. im jus a up n comer tryna gas on these beats. somebody shot me a beat like they usually do and i hopped on it cuz it slapped. had no clue and never heard vince v's beat until now. he should understand that
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against you nor am I for anyone in this situation. I just saw some misinformation and thought it would be good to address it since there's a lot of other rappers on this board that are trying to come up as well.

The lesson to be learned from all of this is people gotta be careful who they do business with. If you're planning on releasing an album commercially make sure the people you're working with are legit or it can come back to bite you in the ass. "I didn't know" isn't gonna hold up in court because you are responsible for what you put out.

It's good you reached out to Vince - I hope everything gets sorted out.

Feb 5, 2006
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against you nor am I for anyone in this situation. I just saw some misinformation and thought it would be good to address it since there's a lot of other rappers on this board that are trying to come up as well.

The lesson to be learned from all of this is people gotta be careful who they do business with. If you're planning on releasing an album commercially make sure the people you're working with are legit or it can come back to bite you in the ass. "I didn't know" isn't gonna hold up in court because you are responsible for what you put out.

It's good you reached out to Vince - I hope everything gets sorted out.
all good bruh