Damn! Pretty soon there won't be ANY music stores left!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
www.PROJECTAFFILIATED.com
Snubnoze said:
well think of it this way, with the fall of the big name record stores could posibly come the rise of more mom and pop stores, which are better for our comunity anyway and tend to have good relationships with local artists........
>>Tower is a medium size store that supported a lot of independent artist...a big chain like best buy will not order from independents...and since mom & pops also have 2 rely on commercial CD 2 make rent they are getting undercutted

May 11, 2002
some moms n pops'll fuck the artists too tho - say you plug em at $5 each, they'll turn around and STILL sell the shit for $18.99 like everything else

and it's not the independants thats killing the rap/music game, its the majors. they've already settled a lawsuit because of past price fixing, and they are still charging stores $12-13 for new cds.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
moms n pops'll fuck the artists too tho - say you plug em at $5 each, they'll turn around and STILL sell the shit for $18.99 like everything else

not Kartel Muzik... we got the cheapest prices in the Valley

Feb 23, 2003
DO YALL THINK THIS IS A GOOD DEAL ON MUSIC??? 7TH HEAVEN (MOMS&POPS) OUT HERE IN K.C. HAS A DEAL WERE YOU CAN BUY A CD FOR LIKE $15.00 AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN RETURN IT WITHIN 3 DAYS AND THEY'LL GIVE $10.00 BACK IN STORE CREDIT... OR IF YOU PAID 20 AND RETURNED IT BACK YOU'LL GET 15 DOLLAZ CREDIT BACK... BASICALLY THEY SUBTRACT 5 BUCKS OFF WHAT YOU PAID AND GIVE YOU THE REST BACK IN CREDIT... NOW IF YOU BUY A CD FOR 9.99 AND BROUGHT IT BACK THEY'LL GIVE YOU BACK 7.00 IN STORE CREDIT... WHAT YALL THINK OF THIS DEAL?? WHAT KIND OFF MUSIC DEALS DO YALL STORES OFFER?? 7TH HEAVEN'S #(816) 361-2223 THATS IF ANYONE WHATS THEIR MUSIC SOLD IN THE HOTTEST MOM & POPS SPOT IN KANSAS CITY, MO.... HOLLA BACK.. DAMN GOOD TOPIC THO..
IF MORE STORES DO LITTLE STORE CREDIT DEALS LIKE THIS MOMS&POPS WOULD KILL THE MAJOR RETAIL STORES...

Sep 12, 2002
Justin said:
DO YALL THINK THIS IS A GOOD DEAL ON MUSIC??? 7TH HEAVEN (MOMS&POPS) OUT HERE IN K.C. HAS A DEAL WERE YOU CAN BUY A CD FOR LIKE $15.00 AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN RETURN IT WITHIN 3 DAYS AND THEY'LL GIVE $10.00 BACK IN STORE CREDIT... OR IF YOU PAID 20 AND RETURNED IT BACK YOU'LL GET 15 DOLLAZ CREDIT BACK... BASICALLY THEY SUBTRACT 5 BUCKS OFF WHAT YOU PAID AND GIVE YOU THE REST BACK IN CREDIT... NOW IF YOU BUY A CD FOR 9.99 AND BROUGHT IT BACK THEY'LL GIVE YOU BACK 7.00 IN STORE CREDIT... WHAT YALL THINK OF THIS DEAL?? WHAT KIND OFF MUSIC DEALS DO YALL STORES OFFER?? 7TH HEAVEN'S #(816) 361-2223 THATS IF ANYONE WHATS THEIR MUSIC SOLD IN THE HOTTEST MOM & POPS SPOT IN KANSAS CITY, MO.... HOLLA BACK.. DAMN GOOD TOPIC THO..
IF MORE STORES DO LITTLE STORE CREDIT DEALS LIKE THIS MOMS&POPS WOULD KILL THE MAJOR RETAIL STORES...
amoeba and rasputins in bay do the same, 75% credit

and dimple in sac does the same

plus when they give you credit back the cd goes into used section for others to buy.

Feb 23, 2003
herm96 said:
amoeba and rasputins in bay do the same, 75% credit

and dimple in sac does the same

plus when they give you credit back the cd goes into used section for others to buy.
EXACTLY... I GUESS THATS ANOTHER K.C./BAY AREA COLLABO...

Dec 26, 2004
Suck Lake City is lucky to have 1 music shop that iz dedicated to jus rap, One G. There are other locals, sellin all kinds of music, but very few Ndependent rap N still prices jack high! I get my rap at One G 90% of the time N buildin a friendship wit the owner where most of the time I buy a CD, he sale me flat dollar with no taxes. Thats good about mom & pop stores iz you get to know the peoples runnin the store N really know what you want or can get with a decent price.
Fuck the chain, I know 2 Warehouse stores out here closed 2yrs ago, now down to jus 1. Tey good for Ndies but cant believe the prices.
IF they all fall maybe itll go back to Out The Trunk Days again.

Jul 27, 2005
I'm Opening a Online store Mainly For 209 area Stockton Artists. The thing is, Everyone Acts like the 209 dont exist. So I'm taking it to the next level. I already got the Front page goin and by the end of september I will be stocking up little by little. Custom Teez and more. If your in the 209 area (STOCKTON, MODESTO, MERCED and so on) Get at me about putting your product in the store. This is only the beggining. I'vre tryed to holla at a few valley labels (You know who you are!) and doods think i'm bullshittin. I'm workin on gettin this crackin. So get at me with any Questions about how to get your product in my shop.

(209) Music Source & more....

[email protected]

Holla at ya boy and lets Make it happen.

Apr 25, 2002
ValleyEnt said:
I'm Opening a Online store Mainly For 209 area Stockton Artists. The thing is, Everyone Acts like the 209 dont exist. So I'm taking it to the next level. I already got the Front page goin and by the end of september I will be stocking up little by little. Custom Teez and more. If your in the 209 area (STOCKTON, MODESTO, MERCED and so on) Get at me about putting your product in the store. This is only the beggining. I'vre tryed to holla at a few valley labels (You know who you are!) and doods think i'm bullshittin. I'm workin on gettin this crackin. So get at me with any Questions about how to get your product in my shop.

(209) Music Source & more....

[email protected]

Holla at ya boy and lets Make it happen.

thats a good idea broham..............

on a side note.i didnt download the song in your sig but im confident that song was by D-Good.he had that song on Murder Valley,unless D-Bone has a newer version.they was both from Killa Tribe..............

Feb 23, 2003
ONLINE STORES ARE COO BUT IT OFTEN TAKES AWAY THE ENJOYMENT FACTOR OF ACTUALLY BEING IN A RECORD STORE WITH THOUSANDS OF CDS TO CHOOSE FROM..

Jul 27, 2005
Foul Mouth said:
thats a good idea broham..............

on a side note.i didnt download the song in your sig but im confident that song was by D-Good.he had that song on Murder Valley,unless D-Bone has a newer version.they was both from Killa Tribe..............
It's a D-BONE song, But D-Good is on it. It's from D-Good's "MURDER VALLEY" album from 1996. I'm Knowin the whole get down on Stocktown homie. I Got almost everything that ever came out the Stack City aka Mudville.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
COME FUCK WITH US AT THE FONKY CHICKEN. IF ITS A BAY AREA CD OR DVD WE HAVE IT IN STOCK. WE HAVE 2 LOCATTIONS, ONE IN SUISUN AT THE MARINA SHOPPING CENTER AND ONE IN VACAVILLE ON PEABODY AND MARSHALL. YOU CAN EVEN CHOP IT UP WITH BAY AREA LEGEND AND PIONEER "CHAUNCEY BANKS" WHILE YOU'RE THERE.