Damn Portland trying to make moves

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
A shooting guard that cant shoot...yeah, that makes senes.
smeezy said:
He needs to practice his shooting period.
Monta has a solid mid-range jumper...if you only saw him in the playoffs you wouldn't know because he couldn't hit anything. During the regular season his shot was pretty reliable and kept getting better as the season progressed..maybe the most consistant mid-range shot on the team. He does need to work on his 3's tho.

Nov 16, 2004
3VID3NC3 said:
Monta has a solid mid-range jumper...if you only saw him in the playoffs you wouldn't know because he couldn't hit anything. During the regular season his shot was pretty reliable and kept getting better as the season progressed..maybe the most consistant mid-range shot on the team. He does need to work on his 3's tho.
Please...I've been watching Monta shoot since his rookie year and it looked much better than his shooting now. He takes bad jumpers and he needs to work on his shot selection and shooting. He hangs in the air way too long before he makes his release and it's flat. It's good, but I wouldn't rely on it come the last shot to win the game despite him hitting the winning bucket in one of the games.

Apr 25, 2002
smeezy said:
Please...I've been watching Monta shoot since his rookie year and it looked much better than his shooting now.
We must be watching 2 different guys cuz his shooting sucked his rookie year. I thought it improved quite a bit and Ive watched every game that was televised.

smeezy said:
He hangs in the air way too long before he makes his release and it's flat.
Thats why he cant shoot 3's..

smeezy said:
It's good, but I wouldn't rely on it come the last shot to win the game despite him hitting the winning bucket in one of the games.
He's 1 for 1 so far...I was actually at that game he hit the game winner...I can also recall another game I went when they played Memphis and Miller was goin off on 3's, it was Monta vs Miller in OT and Monta was hitting all his jumpers and basically won the game for us. He definetly can be relied on when he's feelin it.

Nov 16, 2004
3VID3NC3 said:
We must be watching 2 different guys cuz his shooting sucked his rookie year. I thought it improved quite a bit and Ive watched every game that was televised.

Thats why he cant shoot 3's..

He's 1 for 1 so far...I was actually at that game he hit the game winner...I can also recall another game I went when they played Memphis and Miller was goin off on 3's, it was Monta vs Miller in OT and Monta was hitting all his jumpers and basically won the game for us. He definetly can be relied on when he's feelin it.
Yeah sure when he's feeling it, but once he misses his first shot...

I also would have went to him in one of the games Jackson fucked up, Monta was hot. I think it was against the bulls, but Monta is a much better player going to the rack than he is shooting.