Dago: What Do We Really Own?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2006
I think need to sit back and reflect on were we as a people are going in Dago. Its a shame how much we rep the areas we live in but don't own a damn thing there. Shit, the place we probably spend the most money at than any business in Dago we don't even own(Fam Mart). So that money isn't going to our community, but most of us don't know any better, cause we're not taught to think like other communities, we're not taught to support our own people. Name me one part of Dago that has just wall to wall black businesses, the block full of black owned businesses. The sad thing is at a time, it used to be like that. I heard we even had a black bank once. And its not like everyone's on broke, we got nigga's from here who got plenty of dough. I'm like this, look what Magic Johnson's doing, he's creating jobs for black folks, opportunites, and keeping money in the community. Why can't niggas from Dago do that here?

Sep 14, 2006
because niggas dont think things through, they dont understand that jewlry and fancy cars aint shyt
a nigga a prbably put 10,000$ in his car....
when u could rent some office space go and start a la gitament buisiness
I KNOW its a lot more things that go to it........but wouldn't u rather go through some hassel thats gone better yo life other than just make it worse

like when that nigga battleloco had the store on imperial its all big buisiness even if its small....how u think all those big businessess got there people be makin millions outa cent$ and thats y white people think there better than us because a lot of them think shyt through they look at the better things in life and say "im gonna get that" not "i want that"
but some white niggas is just CRAZY
www.myspace.com/lildoechee

"thats y ist biddnes first floss second bitches last/ but she can sell a lil bit of ass and make cash"

Aug 15, 2002
if you mean the "we" i think you mean then we are only 6 percent of the population here. In cities in the east or down south we are in the 30 and 40 percentile. Here there really arent that many of us to begin with and though we should be more united we arent. But we do own a few things here and there newspapers restaurants gyms. We arent doing it big like they do in other cities but i would say by the sheer numbers they will always have us beat

Oct 2, 2006

Im one of three owners of the Armory in San Diego I'm not black but I would say I'm part of the minority in SD. One of my partners is half black and half Japanese. We doing our independent hustle and we support local artists, clothing labels and the local music scene as well through clubs, shows and what not. Things aint gonna pop over night but you just gotta keep supporting the people that support you. We got two shops now one in Downtown SD and one in Pacific Beach. So we stay grindin....

peace
CROS1
www.ArmoryHipHop.com
www.MySpace.com/cros1

Mar 13, 2006
Wallnutz said:
if you mean the "we" i think you mean then we are only 6 percent of the population here. In cities in the east or down south we are in the 30 and 40 percentile. Here there really arent that many of us to begin with and though we should be more united we arent. But we do own a few things here and there newspapers restaurants gyms. We arent doing it big like they do in other cities but i would say by the sheer numbers they will always have us beat
I know what your saying, but even most cities with small black communities have a least some black center of business. Maybe a block or two of just all black owned businesses...we don't even have that anymore!

Oct 2, 2006

BIG FRIZZLE 36 said:
^^^^^^^^ WELCOME TO THE SICCNESS CROS1!!!!!! TELL KING D TO GET ON HERE TOO!!!!! IM KING D'S HOMIE ,TELL HIM BIG FRIZZLE SAID WHAT IT DO!!!!!!!!

Yeah I been telling him to but he on the grind putting his bets in for the games hahaha.

I believe this is not a white or black thing though this is independent vs corporations. People have to be aware of where there spending there money. For me I rather spend my money at a mom and pop anything. Even if I gotta pay a little more. It comes back around. Stay away from the mall, stay away from businesses owned from people that can give a shit about you. Gotta pump the money back into people that are give something back to the community.

peace
CROS1

Sep 14, 2006
djfreaks said:
i dont think this has SHIT to do with how WHITE PEOPLE think. i think it ALLLL has to do with how you, as a person, think.

if you are constantly blaming THE WHITE MAN for your downfalls, even if alot of those downfalls WERE produced by the white man, then you arent going to account to shit. if shits rough, then you come up with a plan to ride over that roughness & do what your dream is.

when did i blame white people for any thing
i said they think their better then everyone else and im not talking about all white people either i mean them snoby people that get scared everytime u come around

like one time this lady was looking at her watch and i asked her the time and she said she didn't know
thats just fukked up
www.myspace.com/lildoechee