Crooked I - N.W.A. (New West Anthem)!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
Sounds cool, but I'm honestly sick of Club beats. Their too simple IMO. This does sounds harder than any mainstream dirty south beat right now though.

Feb 15, 2003
YEAH YEAH YEAH.. THIS SHIT IS HARD AS FUCK.. I CAME IN THIS FORUM JUST TO SEE IF ANYBODY MADE A THREAD... CROOKED IS ONE OF MY FAV RAPPERS AND CANT WAIT FOR THE ALBUM... DONT SLEEP THIS SHIT GOTTA GET ON THE RADIO.. I HAVENT CALLED A RADIO STATION SINCE I WAS 13 BUT SHIT IM BOUT TO START HITTIN THEM JUST TO GET SOME WEST COAST LYRICIST SHIT ON THERE ...... REQUEST THAT

Apr 26, 2006
Call the radio then atleast it sounds better than most mainstream shit out right now. That still doesn't exclude the fact that the beat is a dirty south club beat. The only thing that makes this beat unique is that FX percussion sound that echoes away every so often. If it wasn't for that one sound, the beat would just be a typical club beat.

Bring that FUNK back, piano,guitar, stings, chords,... and then we have some true WestCoast sounding shit. Not some dirty south shit. That's jocking them, fuck that, that's THEIR sound, not ours. That's why rap sucks right now, club beats.

This song is good for what it is though, and that's a club song and only for the club. Other than that, I won't bump it for my own personal enjoyment.

Apr 14, 2003
BOOBOO619 said:
Bring that FUNK back, piano,guitar, stings, chords,... and then we have some true WestCoast sounding shit. Not some dirty south shit. That's jocking them, fuck that, that's THEIR sound, not ours. That's why rap sucks right now, club beats.

This song is good for what it is though, and that's a club song and only for the club. Other than that, I won't bump it for my own personal enjoyment.

What you may not realize though....is that that's the type of shit you NEED to do, to get on the radio....at least just for the single, cause I'm with you 100 percent on that west coast funk shit!

Jan 10, 2004
D'struction said:
What you may not realize though....is that that's the type of shit you NEED to do, to get on the radio....at least just for the single, cause I'm with you 100 percent on that west coast funk shit!
thats not really true, listen to that new mr. criminal and nate dogg song "mami mira" it uses parts of "not just knee deep". im not saying its a good song but it gets plenty of radio play.

Apr 26, 2006
Whisper818 said:
thats not really true, listen to that new mr. criminal and nate dogg song "mami mira" it uses parts of "not just knee deep". im not saying its a good song but it gets plenty of radio play.
That's a pretty decent song actually, I think. It definitley has that WestCoast sound to it, not that Dirty South sound. Of course it's a Fingaz beat, he got the FUNK.

Apr 26, 2006
El D said:
fuck a new west movement right now imma start a "put booboo619 on ignore" movement

Go ahead, the truth hurts. The West will never come back to the fullest how it once was if we continue to JOCK the South. We need to define our OWN sound (like we did in the 90's), that's all I'm saying, but if you can't comprehend that, I really don't know what to tell you.

BTW, I never said this song sucked, it's just not true WestCoast by sound. It's good for what it is, but it ain't true hiphop. Real hiphop ain't spit over beats like this. It's club $hit and only club just like everything else.

Mar 26, 2005
www.geocities.com
BOOBOO619 said:
Real hiphop ain't spit over beats like this.

WRONG. real hip hop has nothing to do with beats...its about the message....a correct statement about this song is ''It Has No Real Message...This Song Isn't Real Hip-Hop''....then it would be true.

Apr 20, 2005
BOOBOO619 said:
Go ahead, the truth hurts. The West will never come back to the fullest how it once was if we continue to JOCK the South. We need to define our OWN sound (like we did in the 90's), that's all I'm saying, but if you can't comprehend that, I really don't know what to tell you.

BTW, I never said this song sucked, it's just not true WestCoast by sound. It's good for what it is, but it ain't true hiphop. Real hiphop ain't spit over beats like this. It's club $hit and only club just like everything else.
U gotta give it up to the south. They got some tight ass beats. Thats why the West wont come back anytime soon. Cali rappers are just too regional. The only way for the west to "come back" is to go ahead and blend in for a minute. Blend in with that club shit. Look at Kilo aka Down. He did that one Cholo song and now everybody knows who he is. 1 song! I think alot of west rappers just have too much pride. Its okay to not be hard sometimes.

Apr 26, 2006
8FIVE8 said:
U gotta give it up to the south. They got some tight ass beats. Thats why the West wont come back anytime soon. Cali rappers are just too regional. The only way for the west to "come back" is to go ahead and blend in for a minute. Blend in with that club shit. Look at Kilo aka Down. He did that one Cholo song and now everybody knows who he is. 1 song! I think alot of west rappers just have too much pride. Its okay to not be hard sometimes.
Tight ass beats? Are you serious? These beats don't have no real musical aspects to them, their the same techno-trance influenced $hit, loud and based on the same rhythms n shit. Not that I have anything against Trance music, but I feel it has no place in HipHop. Beats these days all sound the same, nothing classic that we will remember 20 years from now. Atleast 90's Rap had multiple songs where you could distinguish the song right by the beat itself because it had a catchy bassline, guitar riff, chords,etc... Will there ever be beats with complexity & musical such as WarrenG-Regultate, Luniz-Igot5OnIt,....? That kind of $hit takes skill to make because it's REAL music and as a listener it eases your mind like no club beat can do. You can actually feel those beats, the chords, basslines, everything. They hardly use REAL instruments anymore these days, where the fuck has the piano gone, the guitar, basslines in general (seems like no one uses basslines anymore, it's all pitched kick drums), strings,... Real hiphop is more jazz/funk based, shouldn't be Trance based. That's all I'm trying to say. Not that I have anything against club beats, because I will admit they do bang and are good for dancing, but cmon, it seems like every artist now is trying to base their beat choices on pure club beats. We ain't ever going to have true music anymore if that shit continues, you can't tell a serious story on a wild ass club beat with wierd sound FX and what not going on. Atleast I won't take it seriously. The beat is just as important IMO, it sets the vibe. Back then we had TRUE gangster beats, love beats, dance beats, smoke weed n chill beats,etc... and it was all based around Rap.

Apr 26, 2006
ovarbmu said:
WRONG. real hip hop has nothing to do with beats...its about the message....a correct statement about this song is ''It Has No Real Message...This Song Isn't Real Hip-Hop''....then it would be true.

Well, I feel it is. If Tupac was alive, he wouldn't Rap over a club beat and Rap to his mom on it. Like I said, the beat sets the vibe, it's just as important as the lyrics.

Rap back then and beat choices back then created more varieties. Now it's all based on wild dance club $hit because that's all the beats these days provide. We ain't going to have no true lyrical songs that send messages on these club beats.

Anyways, I ain't trying to change no ones mind about this. It's your choice if you want to listen and be a fan of this new era Club Hop. Alls I'm saying is stop, look and really take a good listen. I mean, just pop in your old 90's shit and then listen to this new shit. There's a HUGE difference. Why take a step backwards? I don't get it. Easy MONEY, I suppose. :ermm: And as a fan of HipHop, why the fuck allow this shit to continue? Yeah times change, but times don't change to the point where it changes the entire sound and vibe. I mean Rock music still uses guitars, real drumsets and they still sing about the same shit. Despite most of Rock music being Gay as well thesedays, it's still Rock music, but HipHop on the other hand, just ain't Hiphop. The sounds changed too much, even the lyrical flow.

Another thing, I'm Mexican, I just can't relate to hiphop these days. Back then I could. I don't want to sound racist, but Hiphop these days sounds like it should be for blacks only. I just can't see myself 2Stepping, walking it out,etc... It ain't the Mexicano way. If your a Mexican with a similiar mindset like me, you know what I mean, it just ain't our style.