Crooked I - Block Obama II (Artwork & Tracklist)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2005

Treacherous Records recording artist Crooked I follows up his street anthem ‘Dream Big’ featuring Akon with the Block Obama II which features a guest appearance by Knoc-Turnal and production by Rick Rock . Block Obama II will be released in conjuction with the U.S. Presidential election on November 4th 2008, Block Obama II will be available at all digital retailers, including iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, Napster, Emusic and all Mobile Carriers.

Long Beach, CA rapper Crooked I has single handidly become one of the leading faces emerging from the ‘Digital Era’. In April of 2007, he launched “Hip-Hop Weekly, what could possibly be the most innovative musical internet marketing campaign to date. Through his official website, for a full year, Crooked released a new freestyle each week, over popular commercial beats and some personal favorites. He captivated a whole new audience, and took over every hip-hop news portal, with tens of thousands of viewers eager to hear his next offering. The monumental series earned Crooked I cover stories on two of the biggest urban music publications; XXL magazine labelled him one of Hip-Hop’s Next Superstars or “Leaders of the New School” on the cover of their November 07′ issue, and in August 08′ on the cover of Vibe Magazine, both Crooked I and Jay Electronica were labelled as “Internet Guerrillas”, with an article discussing the Hip-Hop Weekly series and his approach to marketing on the internet.

Coinciding with the delivery of Block Obama II, Crooked I has partnered with INgrooves, a leading provider of digital distribution, to start his own digital label, with plans to not only release his own content but other aspiring artists. This year, INgrooves entered into a strategic partnership with Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. “We are very excited about working with Crooked I and being a part of more projects from him. I believe Crooked is hands down one of the most talented and prolific artist from the West Coast” said Abe Batshon of INgrooves. Crooked I joins the likes of Strange Music (Tech N9ne), Chocolate Industries (The Cool Kids), Too Short and Tila Tequila by partnering with INgrooves.

nothing wrong with another mixtape, dude has some good rhymes

i dont know why people worry about wether it's a new album or not, its
still has hot verses imo
TRUE I DONT EVEN REALLY CARE TO BE HONEST NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO MARKET HIM FROM WHAT I CAN SEE, HE'S THE BEST SPITTER OUT BUT NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO MARKET HIM

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
nothing wrong with another mixtape, dude has some good rhymes

i dont know why people worry about wether it's a new album or not, its
still has hot verses imo
Believe me I'm a huge fan of Crooked, but if he won't stop droppin tapes, no one's gonna take him serious, shit people now don't take him serious. I'm cool with mixtapes because most of them he puts out for free and they're way better then other's albums, hell whole discography, but why doesn't he just call it an album so he can have some great albums out?

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
yeah but didnt wayne drop a shitload of mixtapes too?

even his stuff got leaked and he still sold a mill

from what i hear from some "experienced" people that have been in the business

every artist is different, i think people should just let crooked do what he wants.

i mean, the lyrics are good, but i dont know why people would worry about his business moves,

a lot of other sites seem to like crooked I a lot so maybe it's working(i dont really know if it's working)

Jan 18, 2006
at least hes releasing his own shit now and building his buzz back up. I honestly dont know the difference in money made from albums to mixtapes but unless he signs with a big label for distribution at least. i dont see why he would release an album instead of a mixtape

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
the kids who started listening to him after that hip hop weekly stuff consider him the best thing since sliced bread....but most of those like me who have been following him since the 19th street compilation days (1998!) are fucking tired of waiting for that washed up internet rapper to drop an album