CRIS CYBORG VS GINA CARANO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2004
cyborg was too much for carano..... Melendez is a great fighter imo
not impressed with melendez in this fight for the reason that ishida got the fight on like 2 weeks notice. i think having a interim title fight when one guy steps in so late is a joke. ishida looked gassed.

May 2, 2002
Cris Cyborg let Gina Carano have it! My goodness. Gina didn't seem to have anything goin' for her on the ground or standin' up. In the end, Cyborg was just too much for her.

Its only Gina's first loss. She'll be back. She took quite a beating though.

Dec 9, 2005
she is not attractive... haha... so how was the rest of the card? i only saw this fight...

It was decent. I dunno. The Mousasi pickup was great, that guy is someone to look out for. He's so calm and collective in the ring, and humble. Plus he speaks pretty good English so I think he's on the verge of stardom.

The Melendez fight was a snoozefest, IMO. One punch at a time, really slow pace, even the stoppage was boring. Melendez is a Fairtex trained striker, but you would never know that by watching him.

Another side note, Cyborg looks like Wanderlei Silva with hair.

I'm still bitter that my my future wifey got beat up.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
My friend's dad summed that fight up best. It was like watching a guy fight a girl. You could see Gina was overwhelmed in their first exchange. She gets respect for sticking in there though, I thought she was gonna get TKO'd earlier when she got wobbled and I thought she was done with the kimura. I don't think anyone poses a threat to Cyborg unless Megumi adds 20 lbs.

I wanted Crusher to call out Melendez after the fight lol. Best part of it was seeing him in Ishida's corner

Jan 18, 2006
If Carano didnt give up full control on the ground she could have done way more damage but obviously Cyborg was way to much for her.

Feb 8, 2006
cyborg put them hands on carano lol, she aint to be fucked with. she fights like a damn dude, carano looked scared ass fuck in the ring. they shoulda let her go another round tho, strikeforce did'nt want carano's face to get beat up like she does all her apponents before her, (they were saving her ass)

Feb 12, 2004
Another side note, Cyborg looks like Wanderlei Silva with hair.
HAHA! We just got back from the strikeforce and we were saying that the entire time!! Seemed like only a few of us were cheering for cyborg. She fuuucked Gina up. Dope event.

oh and we were sitting behind josh thompsons lil brother and chopping it up with him during the entire event and after. cool as fuck.

oooooh and the REAL best ref in the business motherfucking yuji shamada refereed today!!

Jul 29, 2008
Guy vs Girl. ahaha. I knew Cyborg was gonna go all out.. Nothing against Gina (I too was hoping she would win) but just seeing how Cyborg was training.. and who she represented.. it just made my mind.

In a way, I feel strikeforce is trying to save Gina too. She has the name and marketability to carry Strikeforce... thing is, this aint pro wrestling... and when you depend on one star to be your main attraction.. that will lead to disaster sooner or later.

Aug 18, 2002
www.chalkbodyoutline.com
cyborg put them hands on carano lol, she aint to be fucked with. she fights like a damn dude, carano looked scared ass fuck in the ring. they shoulda let her go another round tho, strikeforce did'nt want carano's face to get beat up like she does all her apponents before her, (they were saving her ass)
It seemed to me they were letting too many punches get thru, hoping that Carano could last until the bell, but it got too brutal and the ref had no choice.

May 15, 2002
is it jus me or is anyone else jus hella annoyed w/ the whole strikeforce production...from the announcers, the interviews, the fighters, and everything as a whole jus seems hella amatuer....for me it makes it real hard to watch....

Jan 2, 2004
is it jus me or is anyone else jus hella annoyed w/ the whole strikeforce production...from the announcers, the interviews, the fighters, and everything as a whole jus seems hella amatuer....for me it makes it real hard to watch....
I hate the announcers. And some of the production shit like the entrances. They come off really bad on tv. And I hate there prefight hype shit.

And I thought they're fedor commercial sucked

Aug 18, 2002
www.chalkbodyoutline.com
haha them fedor commercials were WEAK!!!!
they gonna feed him a few tomato cans to boost him up at first
That dude babalu who went the distance with Fedor got his shit split real quick, shows you the level of compitition that dude faces

heres the bitch fight in case anyone missed it

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ Yeah its not like Fedor has ever fought anybody good. God some of yall are so biased its laughable. I think yall are looking for any reason to hate on Strikeforce. Gus Johnson is a good commentator which is why he is the main one that does March Madness