Creativity loses to bullshit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 19, 2012
Why do most of the people on here and most rap listeners like the basic song structure & basic lyrics (guns, weed, how much of a boss you are and women) but when some one does something different or say something different than the usual played out shit people start saying oh he is weird or that shit sucks.

most of you be like oh this is tight he will get play

but think my nigga from frisco wierd he wont get no play

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
so you saying hood niggas like simple minded shit ?
I see your point bruh... your potna (A-1) from frisco music sounds cool, especially the 2nd track. Something different to listen to. That J-Stalin track is cool too but he raps about the samething.... different song, same story.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
@BBD......NOPE, IM SAYING HOOD NIGGAS RAP ABOUT THEIR SURROUNDINGS AND SQUARE NIGGAS RAP ABOUT THEIRS. WHEN I FIRST MOVED BACC 2 CALI(1988) I WAS ON SOME EAST COAST SHIT CUZ I SPENT 3 OF MY HIGH SCHOOL YEARS IN PHILLY. I FELT THE WEST COAST RAP WAS SIMPLE MINDED CUZ THE FIRST MUSIC I HEARD WAS SOME EAZY E AND TOO SHORT FREAKY TALES. I LIKED THE BEATS BUT WASNT IMPRESSED LYRICALLY. BUT THE TRUTH IS, IT WAS THE DIFFERENCE IN ENVIRONMENT AND SINCE I'VE BEEN ON THE WEST SINCE THEN I REALIZED THAT U RAP ABOUT WHAT U ARE SURROUNDED BY. RAP DOESNT HAVE GUIDELINES IMO. AND MOST NIGGAS THAT RAP GANGSTA SHIT ARE REALLY FROM A HOOD OR ELSE THEY GET REPRIMANDED BY REAL HOOD NIGGAS. DEPENDING ON HOW U WERE RAISED, THATS MOST LIKELY WHAT DECIDES WHAT U LISTEN 2 OR SUPPORT. #DIFFERENT STROKES 4 DIFFERENT FOLKS

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Why do most of the people on here and most rap listeners like the basic song structure & basic lyrics (guns, weed, how much of a boss you are and women) but when some one does something different or say something different than the usual played out shit people start saying oh he is weird or that shit sucks.
Because most the peeps on here are kids and have been force fed so much trash that they think it tight.....

Aug 19, 2012
I see your point bruh... your potna (A-1) from frisco music sounds cool, especially the 2nd track. Something different to listen to. That J-Stalin track is cool too but he raps about the samething.... different song, same story.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
yea im saying if you gone tell a story from the hood tell the story bout your doped up momma or some shit like that not the same ole im getting money and you broke

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
ME PERSONALLY I'M A HAVE HARD TIME RELATING TO SOMEBODY WHO AINT INVOLVED IN THE SHIT IM INTO...

DONT MEAN I DONT LIKE CREATIVITY OR SUBSTANCE...JUST MEANS I HAVE TO FIND AN ARTIST WHO I CAN RELATE TO WITH THOSE INGREDIENTS...

BUT GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC REGARDLESS...

IM OPEN TO ERRYTHING. I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A PREFERENCE.

Aug 19, 2012
@BBD......NOPE, IM SAYING HOOD NIGGAS RAP ABOUT THEIR SURROUNDINGS AND SQUARE NIGGAS RAP ABOUT THEIRS. WHEN I FIRST MOVED BACC 2 CALI(1988) I WAS ON SOME EAST COAST SHIT CUZ I SPENT 3 OF MY HIGH SCHOOL YEARS IN PHILLY. I FELT THE WEST COAST RAP WAS SIMPLE MINDED CUZ THE FIRST MUSIC I HEARD WAS SOME EAZY E AND TOO SHORT FREAKY TALES. I LIKED THE BEATS BUT WASNT IMPRESSED LYRICALLY. BUT THE TRUTH IS, IT WAS THE DIFFERENCE IN ENVIRONMENT AND SINCE I'VE BEEN ON THE WEST SINCE THEN I REALIZED THAT U RAP ABOUT WHAT U ARE SURROUNDED BY. RAP DOESNT HAVE GUIDELINES IMO. AND MOST NIGGAS THAT RAP GANGSTA SHIT ARE REALLY FROM A HOOD OR ELSE THEY GET REPRIMANDED BY REAL HOOD NIGGAS. DEPENDING ON HOW U WERE RAISED, THATS MOST LIKELY WHAT DECIDES WHAT U LISTEN 2 OR SUPPORT. #DIFFERENT STROKES 4 DIFFERENT FOLKS
i feel what you saying but i hate listening to a cd and every song soungs exactly just diffent punchlines no real goal except form one or two songs if your lucky expecialy out here in north cal theres a thousands people trying to be the next jacka j stalin philthy rich but not many trying to be more on a souls of mischeif heiro typr of hype

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
A-1 reminds me of the modern day will smith lol, I listen to plenty of different rappers, that kid gets no play from me tho

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
IF U STARTED YOUR OWN LABEL....AND FUNDED THE MOVEMENT...U COULD TELL RAPPERS HOW THEY SHOULD RAP. IF NOT, YOURE PRETTY MUCH STUCC WITH THIS BULLSHIT LIKE THE REST OF US. LEARN HOW 2 SEPERATE WHAT U LIKE AND ENJOY IT. U CRITICIZING WHAT OTHERS DO AINT GONE FLY NOWHERE BUT THE INTERNET. U MIGHT PISS THE WRONG "SIMPLE MINDED" GANGSTA OFF AND GET YOUR HEAD BUSTED CUZ EVERY RAPPER IS NOT A PHONY. I DONT LIKE HOMOSEXUALITY IN MUSIC OR LIFE. I CANT CONTROL WHAT THE NEXT MAN DOES THO. ME BEING WHO I AM, I COULD CAMPAIGN AGAINST IT BUT I DONT THINK ANYTHING POSITIVE WOULD COME OUT OF THAT. SAME THING GOES 4 STREET SHIT. IF U DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, YOUR BEST BET IS 2 JUST SEPERATE YOURSELF FROM IT AND SUPPORT WHATS REAL 2 U. 1

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
A-1 sounds cool to listen to while I am at work on the computer (while there's downtime like now) or something. I just come on the computer and chop it up with y'all. So listening to something a lil different is cool. I guess it depends on the environment I'm in.

But I wouldn't knock/slap or mob to it in my car or drive no iron to it though. That's when I pop on somethin' hardcore. I put on an old mix tape the other night and C-Bo and Marvaless came on with that "I can't see the light" "put a suckabutt to nap, it be straight gangsta mack as I peel a n's cap" lol

most of you be like oh this is tight he will get play

but think my nigga from frisco wierd he wont get no play
I don't think A1 is any more creative then J. Stalin... the first verse on that All That shit was just him rappin about rappin... which is what most non-street rappers do. They rap about how tight they are, smoking weed, and about how conscious they are. A lot of them don't have a lot of interesting shit going on in their life, so they have very few things to rap about except how dope of lyricists they are (which A1 is dope, but not THAT dope). I'm not gonna say that I'm ALL THE WAY hood, but I've been through and seen too much to relate to the topics most middle class backpack rappers rap about.

A1 and J. Stalin both rap about cliche things, they're just different cliches. Sure, sampling the theme song from All That and rapping about Nickelodeon shows was creative, but so were concept songs from J. Stalin such as "Try Again Tomorrow" and "White Girls Gone Wild".

Bottom line is keep it real to who you are and what you do. A1 is right for doing him, but J. Stalin grew up in different circumstances, so of course he's gonna rap about different shit.

Songs like this are about the pain of the struggle, something that most backpackers can't really do

Oct 29, 2011
You shouldnt of posted this on the bay area section because bay area gangster rap is different then it is in other places. The jacka is a gangsta rapper and he isnt a simple minded rapper at all hes one of the most creative rappers i've heard. Same with san quinn he a gangsta rapper and one of the best lyricists of all time. I could say the same for a lot of other guys too, mac dre was a gangsta rapper and hes the best rapper of all time because even if you arent from the hood he would make songs for everyone to relate too. Maybe your the one who listens to bullshit.

Dec 14, 2011
LOL C @CHARLIE_MAKK Gone Wild being an original innovative song...

. A lot of them don't have a lot of interesting shit going on in their life..
I agreed with some of your post. however, sir...

Are you implying that getting into shoot outs, doing/selling drugs are the only interesting things to have going for yourself in life? LOL... I hope not..

And I hate to break it to you, sir.. but not every rapper from the hood is on some ignant hood shit...

A1 and J. Stalin both rap about cliche things, they're just different cliches. Sure, sampling the theme song from All That and rapping about Nickelodeon shows was creative, but so were concept songs from J. Stalin such as "Try Again Tomorrow" and "White Girls Gone Wild".
I don't even think you can credit A1 for that unless he did the beat himself..

Songs like this are about pain and struggle something most backpack rappers can't do
Excuse me, sir.. but you really don't know what you're talking about.. While I agree J Stalin and other "hood" rappers have a certain insight and angle into pain and struggle.. they arn't the end all and be all when it comes to those songs. You probably don't know much about rap overall if you think those types of things are exclusive to gangster/street/hood rappers.

Pete Rock and CL Smooth "TROY" is easily one of the greatest rap songs ever with a UNIVERSAL message that people black, white, rich, middleclass, poor.. can relate to.. that deals with pain and guidence in life.. and those guys are the epitome of "blackpack rappers that grew up in the burbs".. Point to me this J Stalin track that is equally as great as that one song.. I doubt you can.. but I'll let you have your shot..