Creativity loses to bullshit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Are you implying that getting into shoot outs, doing/selling drugs are the only interesting things to have going for yourself in life?
No. I think if you don't have any of the typical blue collar struggles though you probably gotta work harder to make it interesting. It's just like the tabloids or the movies. People respond on an emotional level to sex and murder. I think it's just like people used to be into westerns or are into biker culture. Same thing. Young males from the lower and middle classes have always responded "warrior culture" in whatever form.

And I hate to break it to you, sir.. but not every rapper from the hood is on some ignant hood shit...
I never said that every rapper was. Casual stay on 82nd last I heard.

Pete Rock and CL Smooth "TROY" is easily one of the greatest rap songs ever with a UNIVERSAL message that people black, white, rich, middleclass, poor.. can relate to.. that deals with pain and guidence in life.. and those guys are the epitome of "blackpack rappers that grew up in the burbs"..
That's funny you should mention them. Pete Rock and CL Smooth's "The Main Ingredient" is one of my favorite albums of all time. You're trippin if you think CL Smooth is from the suburbs, tho. You should know that if you're going to use them as an example... lol.

Point to me this J Stalin track that is equally as great as that one song.. I doubt you can.
It is, but that's my personal opinion and I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong. T.R.O.Y. is a classic. Best song off Mecca and the Soul Brother. Down My Road is just as good IMO but will never get the same attention because the musical establishment and trendsetters / bloggers don't like to shine the spotlight on real hood rappers. I don't really like comparing new music to the classics anyway.

Look, the point of my post wasn't to hate on backpackers, or to say that none of them have anything say. We do need to point out the hyprocisy of these rappers talking all this shit about how "conscious" they are or how there music has "substance", when really they don't have any more consciousness or substance than many street rappers. They often have less. Just because someone raps about money and bitches doesn't mean they don't have substance, and just because someones on some hippie shit doesn't mean that they do...

My secondary point is that A1 isn't any better than J. Stalin. I would argue he isn't even close, but that's my own opinion.