Crazy phone call Saturday morning... C-Bo???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 27, 2007
So, I hadn't even been to sleep Friday night and Saturday morning, and was just laying down at 7:30 am when my cell phone rang. One of my friends (a singer in Blackalicious with Gift of Gab and Chief Excell) is calling me, so I answer.

He says, "Hey, I just got a call from a friend in Arizona. He was at a club last night and said that C-Bo was killed!

I'm thinking, wtf!! I said "are you sure? How'd it happen?" Of course, I'm thinking that if it is a club setting, and true, it would have been a shooting.

So, I call a couple of homies, and we start trying to verify information. C-Bo's cell phone seems to be off, cuz it goes straight to voicemail...

After a few hours, I decide to contact some of the police departments in 5 cities in Arizona; on the fifth call, I am transferred to the "violent crimes" department... I explain that I am calling from California, and I'm trying to verify whether or not a rumor is true that a rapper named C-Bo, whose real name is Shawn Thomas, has really been killed.

The woman says, "well, we have a lot of Thomas's." I say, "well, do you have a SHAWN THOMAS?"

She says, "Yes. We have a Shawn Thomas" killed last night. I'm tripping, but calm. She asks me to verify his date of birth, so I quickly do an internet search and find a date. She says, that's the right year, but the Month and day is wrong." I'm not happy with that response, cuz I know the internet isn't always reliable.

I'm thinking that SOMEONE must know how to reach C-Bo or a family member or homie... Well, I decide to get at least some sleep and fall asleep about 11:00 am Saturday morning. At 11:30, I get a call from my homie who says he just got off the phone from C-Bo, who is alive and well...

So, R.I.P. to the Shawn Thomas that died Friday night, but I have to say I'm glad you weren't C-Bo.

:ermm:

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
So, I hadn't even been to sleep Friday night and Saturday morning, and was just laying down at 7:30 am when my cell phone rang. One of my friends (a singer in Blackalicious with Gift of Gab and Chief Excell) is calling me, so I answer.
ppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that's all I got to say about that

Apr 15, 2004
"you have so many personal connections with high profile people in the music industry, your so cool and im impressed.. you dont even have time to sleep your so busy and cool!"

Jul 27, 2007
"you have so many personal connections with high profile people in the music industry, your so cool and im impressed.. you dont even have time to sleep your so busy and cool!"
Poor kid. This isn't about me or YOU. It is about a SACRAMENTO-based rapper.

May 12, 2004
One of my friends (a singer in Blackalicious with Gift of Gab and Chief Excell) is calling me, so I answer.
why do you have to drop names???..Does it make you feel important??..why cant you just say your friend was calling you???..no one gives a shit who you know, and you wonder why people are always clowning you...its because stupid shit like this..and this thread is real stupid by the way