Cop leaves dog in car for 11 hours in 109 degree heat, dog dies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
yeah that happened out here, they let just about anyone join the police dept out here

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
If a regualr person kills a police dog they get charged with murdering a cop but if a cop kills a police dog its just a misdemeanor charge of animal cruelty.

Damn thats fair..........

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
sucks for the dog, but the cop should get a more severe punishment since he was doing bullshit when it happened (napping, fucking his wife, etc....)

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Quick said:
If a regualr person kills a police dog they get charged with murdering a cop but if a cop kills a police dog its just a misdemeanor charge of animal cruelty.
That's just a urban legend. Although the New Jersey General Assembly attempted to past legislation a few years ago that would make it the same as killing an officer in the line of duty in that state but it got struck down. Attacking and/or killing a police dog is a felony though.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Nuttkase said:
That's just a urban legend. Although the New Jersey General Assembly attempted to past legislation a few years ago that would make it the same as killing an officer in the line of duty in that state but it got struck down. Attacking and/or killing a police dog is a felony though.
A cop told me it was 2nd degree murder. I dont know the law on that, so I couldnt sit there and argue with him on that. It was at the same time they arrested some idiot for jumping on a police car. They charged him with assault on a police officer.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Quick said:
A cop told me it was 2nd degree murder. I dont know the law on that, so I couldnt sit there and argue with him on that. It was at the same time they arrested some idiot for jumping on a police car. They charged him with assault on a police officer.
He might have been bullshiting you. Because when my friend said the same thing about a year ago (killing a police dog = killing a cop) I looked into it because I thought it was stupid as hell. The only thing I could find about the charge for killing a police dog is that it was a felony (I'm sure they prob. throw the book at you though) and that in NJ they tried making it a law that it is like killing a actual officer but that it got struck down.