Console Wars: Who Won '08?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
whats it take to play import games on the wii?

anyone know?

i really want to pick up Tatsuko Vs Capcom and some shmups.

is there any way to play ds games on the wii?
Outside of chipping the wii,they have a freeloader disc that breaks region coding. Disc is more dangerous though,if you dont do ut right it will brick your system

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Think you jumping to conclusions on wii having better games, you've yet to play Halo 3 and games are usually 59.99 they don't go higher unless you are buying special editions.
no offense..

who gives a fuck if i havent played halo three. do you think thats truly going to magically change my opinion on something? you cant jump to conclusions on a opinion.

ive played both systems, and ive played quite a few games on both systems, and i like the wii more. if you don't like that opinion, youre entitled to not like it.

i dont know if i said THE WII HAS BETTER GAMES, i think i said i like the wii more, and it has games that are more like real games to me, not hella FPS like halo, but shit like mario.

i just liek the wii as a system more...i dunno if i was getting into who has better games

Gas One

May 24, 2006
What games do you play on wii gas?
super smash brothers, mario kart, mario galaxy, animal crossing is cool, even shit like cooking mama is fun with other players, we were dumbing out in the hotel trying to cut carrots looking like fucking fools swinging in the air, it was fun

i was waiting on that resident evil cuz they had a gun made for the controller, that would have been ill..i dunno if that came out..

and mario party is fun too..i wanna get paper mario but i already have it for gamecube, only played it once but it seemed pretty sick just has a really long intro to the game

May 4, 2002
last time around i had all systems and i played the gamecube all the time (resident evils) and ps2 alot (bc everyone only has this system) and with the xbox, i wasnt really gettin into it until the end (plus i had no idea about XBL). this time around im all 360 (sure it fucked up once and got fixed in an hr, rehooked up the harddrive and it fired right up) the WII is sick, i like WII sports.then I come to the ps3, i mean sure it has blu ray (which i could give a fuck less about) but the games that are out, i just dont care about.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
no offense..

who gives a fuck if i havent played halo three. do you think thats truly going to magically change my opinion on something? you cant jump to conclusions on a opinion.

ive played both systems, and ive played quite a few games on both systems, and i like the wii more. if you don't like that opinion, youre entitled to not like it.

i dont know if i said THE WII HAS BETTER GAMES, i think i said i like the wii more, and it has games that are more like real games to me, not hella FPS like halo, but shit like mario.

i just liek the wii as a system more...i dunno if i was getting into who has better games
none taken

You right though that's your opinion everyone is different and experienced different games that they like, but can you elaborate why they are more like real games? I don't have a wii but I played that shit before with my lil cousins, the only game I can think of that has competition is smash brothers.

Shooters, Sports games, Strategy games are my shit, most of those games are on 360 though. Think it comes down to what genre you like, and that becomes the outcome for what console you like more.

Mar 17, 2006
i played wii alot before i played an xbox, and...ill just say the only reason i really got an xbox is because i can borrow my girlfriends wii at any time. its just so fun with the controller. makes the games alot more interactive. i can see why it sells more.

i think xbox is tight for first person shooters, online multiplayer and shit like that..

wii is where the 'real games' are at to me, like super mario galaxy and mario kart..that shit made me fall in love with the wii and i have yet to see a xbox game even match it in straight up fun.

ps3 is kinda weak to me, like the only friends that have the ps3 are the ones that typically make bigger purchases just to make them- its like no one else has the ps3 in their friends group but them, but i know a few people with xboxs...fewer with wiis, but the wii is still an amazing system IMO

i cant decide between wii and xbox, maybe when i get a xbox HD and i can download hella shit from xbox live im gonna like it alot more.

but i think xbox and wii is apples and oranges. you can get both and just play one when you aint in the mood to play the other. there wont be gears of war on xbox, but there wont be a mario game on xbox. you gotta pick and choose kind but both are tight. ps3 has less interesting exclusives.

alot of xbox games have been unable to catch my interest...like GTA 4 and fable 2..i buy them and just sit them somewhere..but i would know tight games for the wii and have no problem selecting fun games like i kinda do with xbox.

xbox is more of a hustle. broken xboxs, games that dont read, gotta buy hd's memory, xbox live, headsetc, games are liek 69.99, etc etc...ive put so much money into this shit i coulda prolly bought new rims for my car.

wii its more like cop the games and play..thats it

hmmm, I'm finding for me that the 'hidden' costs for the Wii are in the controllers. Do Sony and MS controllers cost $60? I'm thinking not.

For instance, I'm really into gun shooters. For the Wii, a zapper+Wiimote+nunchuck is about $100 bucks. That's a bill for each completer controller!

I'm probably not the typical user with all my lightgun needs though, lol.

STRATEGY

Gas One

May 24, 2006
xbox's wireless controllers cost 49.99 if im not mistaken..and thats why i only have one. and you need a headset as well if youre plaing fps's.

, i grew up on nintendo. i dont know how to explain it to you really, with my xbox its a more 'adult gaming experience' than playing mario and shit. its not to say that xbox 360 is full of only FPS'S but i tend to lean toward the more mature games on xbox and worry heavily on graphics...nintendo i just kinda like the game because its fun and simple.

being that wii only has one major button, i just like the simplicity of the games and being able to move around by guiding your hand, it just makes for a differeny gaming experience...i like both xbox and wii, i just like what nintendo did.

i dont really like having to pick one over the other as to me its still apples and oranges...sometimes im in the mood for gears of war, playing online and all that good stuff, and sometimes i wanna run around and gather coins on mario..totally different gaming experience and both can be enjoyed

but my girl has the wii...i have my xbox in the main office room of where i stay, and the gamecube in my room. sometimes im just in the mood to play mario sunshine or some shit. thats kinda what i mean, wii kinda still gives me the feeling of the OG games from back in the day..xbox makes me damn near feel old. so many buttons and shit.

im being overly critical of xbox but i do own one obviously...so i definitely do enjoy it. i just think wii is on some next level shit kinda,

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
xbox's wireless controllers cost 49.99 if im not mistaken..and thats why i only have one. and you need a headset as well if youre plaing fps's.

, i grew up on nintendo. i dont know how to explain it to you really, with my xbox its a more 'adult gaming experience' than playing mario and shit. its not to say that xbox 360 is full of only FPS'S but i tend to lean toward the more mature games on xbox and worry heavily on graphics...nintendo i just kinda like the game because its fun and simple.

being that wii only has one major button, i just like the simplicity of the games and being able to move around by guiding your hand, it just makes for a differeny gaming experience...i like both xbox and wii, i just like what nintendo did.

i dont really like having to pick one over the other as to me its still apples and oranges...sometimes im in the mood for gears of war, playing online and all that good stuff, and sometimes i wanna run around and gather coins on mario..totally different gaming experience and both can be enjoyed

but my girl has the wii...i have my xbox in the main office room of where i stay, and the gamecube in my room. sometimes im just in the mood to play mario sunshine or some shit. thats kinda what i mean, wii kinda still gives me the feeling of the OG games from back in the day..xbox makes me damn near feel old. so many buttons and shit.

im being overly critical of xbox but i do own one obviously...so i definitely do enjoy it. i just think wii is on some next level shit kinda,

Thats coo, I grew up on nintendo too was my first console then SNES then Sega, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Playstation, PS2, Dreamcast, then reg Xbox. I noticed my homies that never played a Dreamcast didn't really get into the Controller prototype that they later used for the reg xbox and now the new 360, they were ps2 freaks, and now it takes them a while to get used to the controller and various buttons, I tell them this is the pro shit it aint supposed to be easy for kids why you think most games are rated mature.

Xbox 360 was supposed to made for our generation because Gamers have evolved and were sick of the simple button mashing shit, this step was important to make gaming a sport and people can compete now like in PC games in a balanced level. I can see why wii is so popular because most aren't that into video games on a competative level and most games on the wii can be played over and over like the old mario games and that is enough to the general public, not to mention they have wii's in every rehab clinic now.

I mentioned Halo 3 earlier because that game is shitting on every online interface in every game, no long wait times always gamers online, low percentage of disconnects and stats are easy to see. Its the best overall online game in Xbox 360.