Congratulations to the 2010 NL West Division Champion SF Giants!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 21, 2003
and for all you naysayers, non-believers, and LA scrap dodger fans, heres why:

While the signing of Bengie Molina is huge, it pretty much sealed the deal for the Giants because of the off-season work that Sabean did...even though Huff and DeRosa are not marquee, big-name players, they together will COMBINE for about 40 homeruns and 160 rbi, which is 40-160 more than the giants had all season last year..

then you add in a full season of Sanchez..he's not a major HR guy, but he's a doubles and on-base monster..hes arguably the best overall hitter on this roster, and that includes sandoval..i think uribe would be the best fit for everyday SS, but unfortunately Rent-a-wreck is gonna play everyday due to his contract..

the pitching staff is obviously top notch with lincecum, cain, zito, and sanchez, but they still need a 5th starter and bumgarner is not quite yet a sure thing, so im hoping sabean gets a 5th..the bullpen is one of the best in the league, and if the giants sign kiko calero, itll be even better..

1. rowand (17-80)
2. sanchez (14-85)
3. panda (33-110)
4. huff (22-84)
5. derosa (19-81)
6. molina (20-90)
7. uribe (20-80) or renteria (8-53)
8. schierholtz (??)

bench: uribe/renteria, velez, byrnes (?), posey/whiteside, torres

No offense to the doggies and the rockies, but i dont think theyre gonna be able to handle the giants in '10...the reason why i say that is cuz the giants finished only a few games out last season with a FAR MORE offensively challenged team..the dodgers are old and ownership may cut payroll due to the divorce and didnt really add anyone of substance this offseason, the d-backs aren't much of a challenge yet, the padres wont be ready for 5-7 years, and the rockies are a puzzle (good or .500?)..im NOT saying that the dodgers and rockies won't give the giants a run because they WILL, but I like where the Giants are sitting.

i didnt make this thread so people could talk shit but would be nice to get the competitiveness going..all opinions welcomed, good, bad or indifferent..

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
lets not carried away just yet. im happy with the add's. but as much as i hate the dodgers, they dont suck. and the rockies are not punks either. fuck arizona.

lets just say we are in good shape. lets go Giants!!!!

Sep 25, 2005
No offense to the doggies and the rockies, but i dont think theyre gonna be able to handle the giants in '10...the reason why i say that is cuz the giants finished only a few games out last season with a FAR MORE offensively challenged team..the dodgers are old and ownership may cut payroll due to the divorce and didnt really add anyone of substance this offseason, the d-backs aren't much of a challenge yet, the padres wont be ready for 5-7 years, and the rockies are a puzzle (good or .500?)..im NOT saying that the dodgers and rockies won't give the giants a run because they WILL, but I like where the Giants are sitting...

where do i start with this paragraph........well first let me start with YOU sating that the Dodgers are OLD...........are you being serious? outside of Casey Blake and Manny Ramirez, the oldest starter is Furcal (what is he 32?)

i mean you got everyday players like Ethier, Kemp, Loney, DeWitt, and Martin ALL under 26 (except Ethier 27)..............the pitchers arent very old either...............Kershaw, Billingsely, Broxton, Bellesario, McDonald, Troncoso, Kuo, all under 27 (many under 24)..............oldest guy is Koruda (35?)

i agree with you on Dodger ownership..............

but i too like where the Giants are sitting...........still in 3rd........maybe in 4th, with AZ improving this year............

Feb 21, 2003
where do i start with this paragraph........well first let me start with YOU sating that the Dodgers are OLD...........are you being serious? outside of Casey Blake and Manny Ramirez, the oldest starter is Furcal (what is he 32?)

i mean you got everyday players like Ethier, Kemp, Loney, DeWitt, and Martin ALL under 26 (except Ethier 27)..............the pitchers arent very old either...............Kershaw, Billingsely, Broxton, Bellesario, McDonald, Troncoso, Kuo, all under 27 (many under 24)..............oldest guy is Koruda (35?)

i agree with you on Dodger ownership..............

but i too like where the Giants are sitting...........still in 3rd........maybe in 4th, with AZ improving this year............
i stand corrected on the age issue..i know the core is young, maybe i was thinking of a few people who may or may not be with the team anymore..

and 3rd or 4th?? put down the pipe homie..the giants have a legitimate lineup this year bruh, im real excited for this..

I GOT $50 ILL THROW IN THE POT IF SOMEONE WANTS TO THROW DOWN.. DO IT ALL LEGIT THROUGH PAYPAL

WE'LL CHECK BACK IN THIS THREAD COME OCTOBER....

im sure ill need that cake by then

Feb 21, 2003
lets not carried away just yet. im happy with the add's. but as much as i hate the dodgers, they dont suck. and the rockies are not punks either. fuck arizona.

lets just say we are in good shape. lets go Giants!!!!
im NOT saying that the dodgers n rockies suck or are punks, im just saying that i dont think they'll be able to take the division from the giants..

the rockies are hot and cold..one year they suck, the next they're fighting for the playoffs..very hard to predict if you ask me..

but i can pretty much guarantee it will come down to the giants and dodgers for the division..LA has been the big dog the last few years, and im confident the giants have what it takes to knock em off their pirch this year

Jan 5, 2006
We got a loooong way to go, the biggest addition was Meulens! Without a good hitting coach we ain't shit. I'm not overall happy with the moves we made, it was an arbitration year so we were hampered. After the Lincecum situation gets settled we can focus on signing that big bat everyone up and down the lineup can benefit from. I think we should just make MadBum our 5th starter, can't hurt.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Zito
Bumgarner

DAMN!!!! i just hope Bumgarner improves more on his breaking pitch and were good, and even though he just kept throwing fastballs in his first official start and the outcome was just 2 runs on homeruns in 6 innings is not bad at all, if he were to have abetter breaking pitch than, he would of pulled at least 1 more inning...

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
yea,..thats kinna jinxing it,..cuz like homie said,its way too soon,..it may look good now,..but anything can happen,..like injurys ,trades,all that,...

Feb 21, 2003
the preseason hasnt even started for crying out loud
i know man, my "analysis" was based on basically everyones averages..i know things can happen with injuries, trades, slumps, etc, but i think the stats i laid out are pretty much accurate..

everyone needs to calm down tho, im just having some fun here and sparking some debate and conversation

jesus

Sep 25, 2005
and 3rd or 4th?? put down the pipe homie..the giants have a legitimate lineup this year bruh, im real excited for this..

I GOT $50 ILL THROW IN THE POT IF SOMEONE WANTS TO THROW DOWN.. DO IT ALL LEGIT THROUGH PAYPAL

WE'LL CHECK BACK IN THIS THREAD COME OCTOBER....

im sure ill need that cake by then
im not being Dodger Bias.........if Dodgers don't work out the SP situation they will drop to 2nd place........as of right now the Rockies are looking good and i got them pegged to take the West.

i like 3rd for the D-Backs because they are young and athletic..........and they have vastly improved their pitching with the additions of young pitchers like E. Jackson (Tigers) and I. Kennedy (Yankees)..........and with Webb back from injury they should be solid