Concealed firearm charge

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 14, 2005
Im wonderin if theres any way that for the sake of gettin a job, I can get this misdemeanor charge erased from my record. I was all hyped up because i had a good interview last week for a job and it was almost certain that i was hired. I get the call today that my criminal history is all bad because of this charge which happened 3 years ago. im still unemployed and angry as fuck.
Anyone have any advice?

Dec 9, 2005
You have to get your case sealed...you have to go back to the and sign up for it though...and you have to have had a squeaky clean record for at least 2 years after the incident...and you pay like $200 bucks...

Thats what I did...now the only people that can see it is the gov't...

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
you can go to the court where you were convicted and file a motion to expunge your conviction. They will tell you if your charge or charges can be expunged. It can be done at no cost, can't remember if there was a filing fee though. But you're at the mercy of the public defender's office doing it for you. But getting a paid attorney doesn't speed up the process much. It took about 4 months to get my charges expunged. You have to show that you haven't been in trouble for the past 5 years or so and that you've completed your probation satisfactory and that you don't owe any fines. After the judge decides whether to expunge or not... then it goes to the Dept. of Justice to to updated in the database which can take an additional 5-6 months depending on the caseloads.

Aug 14, 2005
im hoping its 2 years bro for real. i havent worked in 10 months. I was working for 4 years, laid off and when i was able to go back to work they ran a background check and didnt let me resume work. I swear im gonna @!$@$#@^%#^&#^&$^&$^&$%@$#@$@$@$@ LOL

Aug 20, 2004
www.af.mil
Damm, thats f'd up shit. I'm living in Virginia now and I got a Concealed Carry Permit which lets me carry a handgun concealed pretty much everywhere. It is actually possible to get this permit in California but it is damn near impossible unless you live in the boonies. For anyone outside of Cali I'd suggest getting one. Peep http://www.packing.org/

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
whether you plead guilty or no contest... doesn't matter... if the offense isn't too serious, it can be expunged. Hell my shit must clean now, because them assholes just sent me a summons for jury duty!

Mar 29, 2004
second650 said:
Im wonderin if theres any way that for the sake of gettin a job, I can get this misdemeanor charge erased from my record. I was all hyped up because i had a good interview last week for a job and it was almost certain that i was hired. I get the call today that my criminal history is all bad because of this charge which happened 3 years ago. im still unemployed and angry as fuck.
Anyone have any advice?
if its a misdemeanor you don't have to mark that you're a felon lol so there is no point of even paying for ur record to get sealed

May 15, 2002
This is why Im against background checks because it puts hard working people outta work even though they really want to work. They act like they cant forgive a simple mistake, especially a misdameanor.