Complex Mag: 30 Best Rappers In their 30s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
First, I would just like to state that MMLP and The Eminem Show are both classics imo but I would rank MMLP above Eminem Show.

So let me see if I fully understand your statements. You're saying that The Eminem Show totally ruined hip hop and that he started some form of "emo" rap music. So if he's rapping about his life and his struggles and this is "emo," what the hell does that make every other rapper that has made music about their life and struggles?
No, that's not what I meant - I meant that

1) he made a rap album firmly rooted in emo-music aesthetics; this is a very different statement from criticizing someone for rapping for his struggles in life. Pay attention to the exact words, I usually pick them carefully

2) he suck as a producer - his beats have nothing to do with hip-hop - but because he was so commercially successful, the style caught on, and we had to endure almost decade of arythmic, amelodic, painful for the ears beats.

Apr 3, 2007
No, that's not what I meant - I meant that

1) he made a rap album firmly rooted in emo-music aesthetics; this is a very different statement from criticizing someone for rapping for his struggles in life. Pay attention to the exact words, I usually pick them carefully

2) he suck as a producer - his beats have nothing to do with hip-hop - but because he was so commercially successful, the style caught on, and we had to endure almost decade of arythmic, amelodic, painful for the ears beats.
This is not fact this is your opinion

Feb 3, 2006
WOW the Eminem Show is a classic now?? Now the MMLP was a fucking classic 4sho. But then again his fan base can better relate to his stuff. But after the Eminem Show he has had way too many wack ass albums and corny pop singles for me to ever look at him the same.

Just think about Ice Cube, Jay-z, Scarface, 2 Pac, or Nas releasing a corny ass lead single like my name is and all of his other corny ass pop lead singles.

Eminem hasn't been a elite or top rapper in a very loonnnnggg time.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2003
WOW the Eminem Show is a classic now?? Now the MMLP was a fucking classic 4sho. But then again his fan base can better relate to his stuff. But after the Eminem Show he has had way too many wack ass albums and corny pop singles for me to ever look at him the same.

Just think about Ice Cube, Jay-z, Scarface, 2 Pac, or Nas releasing a corny ass lead single like my name is and all of his other corny ass pop lead singles.

Eminem hasn't been a elite or top rapper in a very loonnnnggg time.
Ice has dropped some corny singles and a few wack ass albums. his shit went down hill after taht war & peace shit

Feb 3, 2006
Ice has dropped some corny singles and a few wack ass albums. his shit went down hill after taht war & peace shit
Please name me one corny single that Ice Cube made like My name is?? Maybe you're confusing the Are We There Yet movies with Ice Cube's music,

Laugh Now, Cry Later and the West Connection Terrorist Threats were better albums then the Eminem Show all released after War and Peace.

Ice Cubes musically Catalog >>>>>>>> Eminem's

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2003
Please name me one corny single that Ice Cube made like My name is?? Maybe you're confusing the Are We There Yet movies with Ice Cube's music,

Laugh Now, Cry Later and the West Connection Terrorist Threats were better albums then the Eminem Show all released after War and Peace.

Ice Cubes musically Catalog >>>>>>>> Eminem's

My name is wasnt on the eminem show album.

We cant compare them but nowdays Ice Cube is washed up now far as the rapper. not alot people outside the west still checking for his new shit. In The 90s he was the shit but this isnt the 90s no more. He cool in movies now & he hell of a director in black films but thats it. you cant compare him and eminem they are totally different rappers. They both legends so thats that. Cube kinda lost my respect when he said he wasnt helping no nore upcoming west artists.

oh yeah speaking of Cube he bout to drop a new album the end of this year thats why he grew his afro back out so he can look like the old cube.

Last edited: