Coming Soon - WWW.NWRAP.COM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 23, 2003
www.unionavenueproject.com
Great idea.

My thoughts are this. I started a site a while back dedicated to the NW and because of lack of support and the time commitment I ended up letting the domain expire. Overall I probably put in over a thousand hours at making it happen, and what I found is there is a huge dependency and influence from Cali based labels/organizations. As long as you got Tom w/ www.nwrap.com, Dick w/ www.northwestrap.com ;-), and Harry w/ www.nwhiphop.com, it'll be hard to get enough support to make it a success unless everybody has one common goal.

I still have an owned license of vBulletin that I'm willing to donate along with my time in helping to make this a reality. It's exactly what the NW needs to get support from our own communities. Word?

Dec 11, 2002
I hear that.... I've helped out with several NW based sites and after countless hours and a lot of time there has been little if any success.. be it for whatever the reason..

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Tribal said:
Great idea.

My thoughts are this. I started a site a while back dedicated to the NW and because of lack of support and the time commitment I ended up letting the domain expire. Overall I probably put in over a thousand hours at making it happen, and what I found is there is a huge dependency and influence from Cali based labels/organizations. As long as you got Tom w/ www.nwrap.com, Dick w/ www.northwestrap.com ;-), and Harry w/ www.nwhiphop.com, it'll be hard to get enough support to make it a success unless everybody has one common goal.

I still have an owned license of vBulletin that I'm willing to donate along with my time in helping to make this a reality. It's exactly what the NW needs to get support from our own communities. Word?
Harry (Harold...me) actually has NorthWestRap.com, but you make a good point!

If you have the lifetime license, get at me on the PM and let's work something out....

Mar 23, 2003
www.unionavenueproject.com
I really ain't trying to compete with my neighbors, naw mean? I don't want to get in the middle of a feud or any drama. That's the soul reason why these efforts haven't amounted to anything in the past. The ultimate scenario would be if this could be a collaberative effort from everybody, while getting support from all the NW Rap / Hip Hop community. The reality is, just like a puzzle everybody has a piece in making this a success. It just won't work if one of the pieces are missing. So, until we can all come to an agreement this might prove more work than it's worth. Either way, I'll support it as long as it's for the benefit of NW music.

P.S. Did I tell ya'll I work at Yahoo! now? Been here for about a year, and I'm waiting for the perfect opportunity to use my lil bag o' net tricks. Search Marketing is the shiz.

Jan 24, 2004
www.twitter.com
I think the site'll help bring some attention away from Myspace.com (hopefully) and towards NW hip-hop.. what I don't agree with is one person dictating what's hot and what's not.. that's simply an opinion. If you got a good amount of people requesting/wondering why a certain artist isn't showcased somewhere on the site (and yes, all from different IP addresses), they should get some light shed on their music as well. I think it should be up to the fans on that.. but other than picking-and-choosing, the site idea is a great one.

Dec 11, 2002
Tribal said:
P.S. Did I tell ya'll I work at Yahoo! now? Been here for about a year, and I'm waiting for the perfect opportunity to use my lil bag o' net tricks. Search Marketing is the shiz.

Right on..

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Gutterson III said:
I think the site'll help bring some attention away from Myspace.com (hopefully) and towards NW hip-hop.. what I don't agree with is one person dictating what's hot and what's not.. that's simply an opinion. If you got a good amount of people requesting/wondering why a certain artist isn't showcased somewhere on the site (and yes, all from different IP addresses), they should get some light shed on their music as well. I think it should be up to the fans on that.. but other than picking-and-choosing, the site idea is a great one.
My answer to that is...IT'S MY FUCKIN' SITE AND I CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT TO WITH IT!

Why should I put garbage music on my site? This site is goin' to represent the NW the RIGHT WAY. If you want to be on my site the rules are simple...

1. Have some hot music.

2. It must be professionally mixed and mastered to some degree.

3. Be actively promoting it... i.e. doin' shows, hustlin' units yourself, etc.

4. Don't be on my shitlist.

I'm not a total asshole like many of you think. But I can tell the difference between *SERIOUS* artists and hobby rappers. This site is for the people who *DESERVE* to shine. The people who eat, breathe, sleep & shit music all day. I'm not goin' to waste my time and money on some cheap wanna-be bullshit. And I don't care if you have 50 of your friends hit me up sayin' that I should have you on there.

Don't call us...we'll call you. lol

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
Allow me to address the reason why I think my site will succeed where others have failed. This is not to disrespect anybody or talk shit.....but....

The reality of the situation is that I have been on the internet promoting my music since 1999. I'm more or less the *FIRST* NW artist/producer/CEO to seriously use the internet to promote and actually had real SUCCESS. I've made thousands of dollars because of the internet. I'm one of the reasons there is a NW forum on the Siccness and was the first NW record label to get a forum (which was removed without notifying me BTW). I'm the person who told other NW artists to get on here and promote their music!!!! I am a PIONEER. Those of you who were around when we had our shit on MP3.COM know that we ran the West Coast charts for 2 years straight. We had over 500,000 downloads. People know about me and who I am. I'm not just some guy who's decided to start a NW website...I'm a NW *FACTOR* that people know, respect and follow the activities of. I know alot of people and alot of people know me. Just my SLR fanbase alone could make it a crackin' website. But it's not about me now...it's about *US*...the NW region.

I love the NW...I believe there is a place for us in the major music industry. But the first thing that's gonna have to happen is we're gonna have to seperate the men from the boys. The real from the fake. The artists from the biters. Just because you "rap" or "make beats" don't mean you're doin' somethin' special. Everybody's doin' it now. And a shitload of them are cookie-cutter, wanna-be, copycat, unprofessional, unoriginal-ass muthafuckas. Why should I promote them? I won't. Come correct or don't come at all.

Music is supposed to be an ARTFORM, remember? It's not a contest to see who can imitate their favorite artist or region best. Bring somethin' new to the game...you'll last alot longer.

Dec 11, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
Come correct or don't come at all.

Music is supposed to be an ARTFORM, remember? It's not a contest to see who can imitate their favorite artist or region best. Bring somethin' new to the game...you'll last alot longer.

One can only hope.

Jan 24, 2004
www.twitter.com
Mr. D-Sane said:
I'm not a total asshole like many of you think. But I can tell the difference between *SERIOUS* artists and hobby rappers. This site is for the people who *DESERVE* to shine. The people who eat, breathe, sleep & shit music all day. I'm not goin' to waste my time and money on some cheap wanna-be bullshit. And I don't care if you have 50 of your friends hit me up sayin' that I should have you on there.

Don't call us...we'll call you. lol
I know I'll see 151, Unexpected Arrival, Damian Black, Sonny Bonoho, Dred-I, Boom Bap Project, Skuntdunanna, Parker Brothers, Bad Luk, Cool Nutz, Redhead Steve, Milk 'Em Dry Ent., Tha Loco, Twin G, and many other artists on the site.. these are serious artists.

I hope I'll see Strik & Krusal, Young Krime, Wreckless Ent., One Famm All-Stars, Sawchosiz, West Coast Stone, Motamouth Jones, Sarkastik, Block Repp, Young Havenot, Selfmade, Lae-Z-Boi Productions, J.U.I., Mr. D.O.G., The Nuggz, and shit, even Jay Barz.. ALSO serious artists.. Something tells me not to get my hopes up.. well, for the most part.

Dec 11, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
No...you won't be seeing these 2 fags on my site. :ermm:

Tell us how you really feel.

Wait. No dont...

Who IS Sawchosiz..? he hit me up the other day like I'm supposed to know the name..

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
KALYN said:
Tell us how you really feel.

Wait. No dont...

Who IS Sawchosiz..? he hit me up the other day like I'm supposed to know the name..
SAWCHOSIZ = Habitual shit talkin' little bitch who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up and has people standing in line to beat his ass. Anymore questions?

Steer clear of him...he ain't about shit.

Dec 11, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
SAWCHOSIZ = Habitual shit talkin' little bitch who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up and has people standing in line to beat his ass. Anymore questions?

Steer clear of him...he ain't about shit.

Good to know.

Thanks..