Cleveland...Best Fans in the NFL!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
gimpypimp said:
People were willing to buy the team...that wasn't the problem. The problem was that Modell was a fuckin' asshole and decided to move the team.

There is NOTHING the fans could do. Fans can only go and support the team...they don't have a say on the business side of things.
SHOULD OF gAVE CUZZ HIS STADIUM. THERE WAS SOMETHIN' YAW COULD OF DID BUT YAW PRIDE COST YAW.

SPANISH gIMP said:
They got a new team by working out a deal with Modell and the league. We couldn't stop him from moving the team, so they gave us the rights to an expansion team.
I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. BUT LIKE I SAID, "SHOULD OF gAVE CUZZ HIS STADIUM. THERE WAS SOMETHIN' YAW COULD OF DID BUT YAW PRIDE COST YAW."

SPANISHWHITECUZZ said:
In actuality...it's what you call the team. I REALLY don't see what is so hard to understand about that.
I UNDA-STAND IT CLEARLY. I JUST KNOW WE NEVA LOST OUR TEAM.

THE SAME COLONIZER said:
What do you call yourself? You call yourself EDJ...you don't call yourself a man who lives in Denver.
I COULD IF I WANTED TOO. BUT OTHA PEOPLE DONE CALLED ME A MILLION AND ONE THANgS. AND I gOT A FEW ALIASES.

THE SAME SON OF A SPANIARD said:
It's the SAME CITY...with the SAME NAME...SAME COLORS...SAME EVERYTHING...why should there be no more legacy?
CAUSE YOU LOST YOUR TEAM, AND DIDN'T ACCOMODATE THE OWNERS DEMANDS.

SPANISH CUZZ said:
Is Portis still a Bronco? NO...he's a Redskin now...but by your logic he still a Bronco cause he used to play for Denver.
YUP, CAN'T DENY WHERE HE gOT FAMOUS AND WHERE HE gOT HIS gAME FROM.

BROWN FAN said:
I know what I said...I was being more specific this time. I DID NOT say "NEVA" had a team. I said a city that "didn't even have a team" (which they didn't). So I'm adding AT THAT TIME.

You know what I meant...stop nit-pickin' my shit.
LOL. JUST POINTIN' IT OUT.

SPANISH CUZZ said:
I am looking at it in a factual and realistic way. YOU are the one who is not.
HOW AM I NOT? YOU SAID YOU UNDA-STAND BUT YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT IT THAT WAY. AND THAT WAY IS REALISTIC. SO IN ACTUALITY, YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT IT THAT WAY EVEN THOUgH YOU gET MY POINT. WHAT'S THERE TO BULLSHIT?

SPANISH CUZZ said:
When you see the Browns and Ravens on TV...it doesn't say "Expansion team from '99", or "Old Browns".
CAUSE THEY gOIN' OFF THE NAME AND WHAT THE OWNERS MARKET THEM AS. AIN'T gOT SHIT TO WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.

INQUISITOR said:
Yes...we all know what happened...but to still call them that is just stupid.
LOL. YOU JUST A BROWNS FAN THAT CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED AND TRYIN' TO SWEEP IT UNDA THE RUg. I CALL THEM HOW I SEE IT. THE RAVENS WILL ALWAYS BE THE OLD BROWNS TO ME AND CAN'T NOBODY TELL ME DIFFERENT OR DISPUTE THAT FACT. MAYBE TIME WILL HEAL THAT WOUND, BUT I AIN'T FORgOTTEN.

SPANISH-LOAK said:
That is reality...what in the hell are you talking about?
TRUTH. REALITY IS THAT THE RAVENS ARE THE OLD BROWNS AND THE BROWNS FROM TODAY ARE A 99' EXPANSION TEAM. ACTUALITY IS THAT THE RAVENS ARE THE RAVENS FROM BALTIMORE AND THE BROWNS ARE THE BROWNS FROM CLEVELAND. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT.

ESPANA said:
Again...what do you call Clinton Portis? He's a Washington Redskin. He's not a Denver Bronco anymore.
NO SHIT. HE AN EX BRONCO.

ESPANOLO CHOLO said:
But by your lame logic...fans should be calling him an old Denver Bronco instead of a Redskin.
NO, CORRECTION, EX BRONCO. BUT YOU CAN CALL HIM WHAT YOU WANT. I WOULDN'T MIND PEOPLE REFERRIN' TO HIM AS AN EX BRONCO.

THE SAME SPANIARD PRIDE MUTHA-FUKA said:
The CITY couldn't keep the team...you can't blame that on the FANS. Fans show up to the games and buy shit to support their team...that's all they can do.
BULLSHIT. LIKE I SAID, "SHOULD OF gAVE CUZZ HIS STADIUM. THERE WAS SOMETHIN' YAW COULD OF DID BUT YAW PRIDE COST YAW."

WHITE IS RIgHT CUZZ said:
I'm not attempting to belittle you...that's not my intention anyway. But you DON'T know what you are talking about.
YES I DO. IF I DIDN'T, THEN YOU WOULD OF SHUT ME UP A LONg TIME AgO.

SPAIN RULES DUDE! said:
You know that the Browns moved...and you're blaming it on the fans...when that is not the case.
BULLSHIT. LIKE I SAID, "SHOULD OF gAVE CUZZ HIS STADIUM. THERE WAS SOMETHIN' YAW COULD OF DID BUT YAW PRIDE COST YAW."

HARDHEADEDSPANIARD said:
So you are speaking on something you don't know about...and it's dumb. I would say the same thing to my best friend...don't take it personal.
NONE TOOKEN. BUT LIKE I SAID, "SHOULD OF gAVE CUZZ HIS STADIUM. THERE WAS SOMETHIN' YAW COULD OF DID BUT YAW PRIDE COST YAW."

EUROPEAN SPANIARD said:
I mentioned the rioting and tearing up of the stadium in response to you saying the fans should have been in an uproar.
YEAH, AFTER THE FACT. IF THE CITY OF CLEVELAND WANTED THE TEAM TO STAY SO BAD, YOU SHOULD OF DID WHAT THE CITY OF DENVER DID AND BUILT A NEW STADIUM INSTEAD OF TEARIN' UP THE ONE YAW HAD. CAUSE IF YAW DID, YAW COULD OF WENT AND TORE THE OLD ONE N-E-WAY AND STILL HAD YAW TEAM AND A NEW STADIUM.

SPANISH CUZZ said:
Let me also add the Modell has not been back to Cleveland for fear of his life. He couldn't even attend one of his best friends' funeral cause he was so scared.
CLEVELAND SO gANgSTA NOW. YAW STILL LOST YAW TEAM, BOTTOM LINE. SHIT DON'T MATTER OR SHOULDN'T MATTER NOW, HUH?

gUERRO ESPANOLO said:
And he's basically been blocked from the Hall of Fame for moving the team...even though he's long been considered a lock.
SERVES HIM RIgHT. I STILL SAY YOU SHOULD OF JUST BUILT CUZZ A STADIUM.

gUERRILLO BOLILLO said:
Yes...I've heard of an auction. I don't see how that relates to this though.
COULD'VE JUST OUTBID BALTIMORE. BUT THEN AgAIN, YOU SHOULD OF JUST BUILT CUZZ A NEW STADIUM. IT WAS FOR YAW BENEFIT N-E-WAY.

gUERRO PECOSO said:
The story is WAY too long...but basically Modell wanted the CITY to make improvements to the old Municipal Stadium...even though HE OWNED IT.
SHOULD'VE JUST CAME TO AN AgREEMENT.

SPANISH CUZZ said:
The Indians played there, rock concerts were held there, he made money off the suites...they all paid to use the stadium. But yet...he had no money to renovate the stadium?
AND THAT LITTLE INDISCREPANCY COST YOU TO LOSE YOUR BELOVED TEAM. HOW SAD.

SPANISH CUZZ said:
Basically...he was a dumb-ass business man who made himself bankrupt and wanted the city to bail him out. His relationship with the city went bad...and he moved the team.

Baltimore was giving him a brand new stadium and $50 million in his pocket as a thank you gift.

He got to keep the team...and make a profit.
LOOK LIKE HE WON. HE gOT $51 MIL EXTRA. THAT'S LIKE ADDIN' INSULT TO INJURY. WHEN ALL YAW HAD TO DO WAS BUILD A NEW STADIUM FOR "YAW" THE FANS. CAUSE HE gONNA MAKE HIS SCRILLA REgARDLESS.

MAD SPANIARD CUZZ said:
Yes...and he should die.
LOL. THAT SERIOUS?

UNCONVINCED BROWN FAN said:
It's not a matter of making me happy...it is what it is. It is the same team...only difference is the players.

But players change every year...what's the difference?
THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT YAW TEAM BOOKED CAUSE YAW DIDN'T WANT TO BUILD IT A NEW STADIUM, SO YAW WENT AT IT WITH THE OWNER FOR THE RIgHTS VERSUS KEEPIN' YOUR TEAM AND WATCHIN' THE PLAYERS YAW BEEN WATCHIN' AND PROgRESSIN' WHAT IS THE CURRENT RAVENS ROSTER. IF YAW WOULD OF JUST BUILT A NEW STADIUM, YAW WOULD HAVE A SUPERBOWL RINg RIgHT NOW. I KNOW THAT THOUgHT BURNS RIgHT NOW.

SPANISH BROWN FAN said:
But it's not. This isn't the first time Cleveland has been shown to be the No. 1 fans in the NFL.
AND EVERY BRONCO FAN WILL DISPUTE THAT.

gRINgO ESPANOLO said:
Also...don't forget average income is a factor in this as well. The average income in Denver is higher than in Cleveland.
HOW DOES IT FACTOR IN? FUK AN AVERAgE. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THAT(JUST LIKE YOU CLAIM THE FANS DIDN'T).

SPANIARDCUZZ said:
Which game? Check out your Denver Broncos official site. Go here.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...ce&searchType=

You still want to guarantee shit? As you can see...not every seat was filled. And if that doesn't answer your question, then write the people who did the study.
YOU DID A SEARCH ON THE BRONCOS SITE AND IT BROUgHT UP PRESEASON gAME ATTENDANCES. WOW? WHAT DOES THAT PROVE? CHEK THE REgULAR SEASON AND ESPECIALLY THE POST-SEASON AND LET'S SEE WHO DIDN'T gO.

SPAIN said:
OUTSIDE is not INSIDE the stadium. The players can't see or hear you from outside.
OH SO NOW THE PLAYERS MUST SEE EVERYBODY? ALL 78,000+? MY POINT WAS THAT THERE ARE FANS AROUND UNACCOUNTED FOR. IF YOU OUTSIDE THE STADIUM, YOU STILL AT THE STADIUM. AND I'M ALSO INCLUDIN' THE ONES WITH FAKE TICCETS, SNUK IN, AND SO FORTH.

SPANISH CUZZ said:
The stadium keeps track of how many people show up...as shown in that link I provided. They obviously feel it's official enough to post on the site.
BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. BUT AS I MENTIONED, THEY CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR EVERYBODY IN ACTUALITY. ALL THEY CAN gO OFF OF IS TICCET SALES.

May 2, 2002
SHOULD OF gAVE CUZZ HIS STADIUM. THERE WAS SOMETHIN' YAW COULD OF DID BUT YAW PRIDE COST YAW.
That's the city...not the fans. And it ain't as simple as just...ohh...I think we'll build a new stadium.

Cleveland isn't exactly a rich town.

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. BUT LIKE I SAID, "SHOULD OF gAVE CUZZ HIS STADIUM. THERE WAS SOMETHIN' YAW COULD OF DID BUT YAW PRIDE COST YAW."
If you know what happened, then why did you ask?

And it's not the fans fault...fans don't run the city.

I UNDA-STAND IT CLEARLY. I JUST KNOW WE NEVA LOST OUR TEAM.
But other cities have...and to blame it on the fans is dumb. And if you really did understand, you would know that.

I COULD IF I WANTED TOO. BUT OTHA PEOPLE DONE CALLED ME A MILLION AND ONE THANgS. AND I gOT A FEW ALIASES.
Well yeah...you could call yourself "hoslcpsl" if you wanted to...but the NFL don't work like that.

CAUSE YOU LOST YOUR TEAM, AND DIDN'T ACCOMODATE THE OWNERS DEMANDS.
Well...we have our history...so it's a moot point.

YUP, CAN'T DENY WHERE HE gOT FAMOUS AND WHERE HE gOT HIS gAME FROM.

Yup...gotta love Miami.

HOW AM I NOT? YOU SAID YOU UNDA-STAND BUT YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT IT THAT WAY. AND THAT WAY IS REALISTIC. SO IN ACTUALITY, YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT IT THAT WAY EVEN THOUgH YOU gET MY POINT. WHAT'S THERE TO BULLSHIT?
Cause you're calling teams what they used to be...not what they are.

We don't call the Titans the old Oilers...or the Texans the new Oilers. We don't call the Rams the L.A. Rams, or the Colts the new Colts, or the Ravens the new Colts.

You see where I'm getting at? If we did everything your way, this whole league would be pretty hard to name.

Just because I understand you and understand your point, doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

CAUSE THEY gOIN' OFF THE NAME AND WHAT THE OWNERS MARKET THEM AS. AIN'T gOT SHIT TO WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.
We all know what happened.

But a team has a name...we can't call the Broncos...the "Denver Jake Plummer, Champ Bailey, John Lynch, etc.". Even though in "reality" that's what they are.

LOL. YOU JUST A BROWNS FAN THAT CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED AND TRYIN' TO SWEEP IT UNDA THE RUg. I CALL THEM HOW I SEE IT. THE RAVENS WILL ALWAYS BE THE OLD BROWNS TO ME AND CAN'T NOBODY TELL ME DIFFERENT OR DISPUTE THAT FACT. MAYBE TIME WILL HEAL THAT WOUND, BUT I AIN'T FORgOTTEN.

No...I can't believe it happened...especially when it didn't have to. And I'm not trying to sweep it under the rug...we all know what happened.

The Ravens are the old Browns...but when you have a conversation, to say..ohh...the Baltimore Old Browns is just plain fuckin' stupid.

TRUTH. REALITY IS THAT THE RAVENS ARE THE OLD BROWNS AND THE BROWNS FROM TODAY ARE A 99' EXPANSION TEAM. ACTUALITY IS THAT THE RAVENS ARE THE RAVENS FROM BALTIMORE AND THE BROWNS ARE THE BROWNS FROM CLEVELAND. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT.

Yes...I already told you I understand that. We all know that. But we don't call them that. That is what I am trying to tell you.

NO SHIT. HE AN EX BRONCO.
No...an ex-Hurricane.

NO, CORRECTION, EX BRONCO. BUT YOU CAN CALL HIM WHAT YOU WANT. I WOULDN'T MIND PEOPLE REFERRIN' TO HIM AS AN EX BRONCO.
No...correction...he's an ex-Hurricane. See how lame that sounds? Call 'em what they are.

What's bullshit? The fans don't make those decisions. This just shows that you really don't know what you are talking about.

YES I DO. IF I DIDN'T, THEN YOU WOULD OF SHUT ME UP A LONg TIME AgO.
It's ignorance talking...I can't shut that up.

Ignorance.

YEAH, AFTER THE FACT. IF THE CITY OF CLEVELAND WANTED THE TEAM TO STAY SO BAD, YOU SHOULD OF DID WHAT THE CITY OF DENVER DID AND BUILT A NEW STADIUM INSTEAD OF TEARIN' UP THE ONE YAW HAD. CAUSE IF YAW DID, YAW COULD OF WENT AND TORE THE OLD ONE N-E-WAY AND STILL HAD YAW TEAM AND A NEW STADIUM.
You make it sound all so simple. If only that were the case.

CLEVELAND SO gANgSTA NOW. YAW STILL LOST YAW TEAM, BOTTOM LINE. SHIT DON'T MATTER OR SHOULDN'T MATTER NOW, HUH?
lol...best recognize sucka...we real with it.

Seriously though...it does matter. You can't take a team away and not suffer the consequences.

SERVES HIM RIgHT. I STILL SAY YOU SHOULD OF JUST BUILT CUZZ A STADIUM.
Again...if only it was that simple.

COULD'VE JUST OUTBID BALTIMORE. BUT THEN AgAIN, YOU SHOULD OF JUST BUILT CUZZ A NEW STADIUM. IT WAS FOR YAW BENEFIT N-E-WAY.
I suggest you do some research on the subject.

SHOULD'VE JUST CAME TO AN AgREEMENT.

Again...if only it was that simple. I suggest you do some research on the subject.

AND THAT LITTLE INDISCREPANCY COST YOU TO LOSE YOUR BELOVED TEAM. HOW SAD.
I'm sure there was a little more to it...but basically yeah. That's what they claim anyway.

LOOK LIKE HE WON. HE gOT $51 MIL EXTRA. THAT'S LIKE ADDIN' INSULT TO INJURY. WHEN ALL YAW HAD TO DO WAS BUILD A NEW STADIUM FOR "YAW" THE FANS. CAUSE HE gONNA MAKE HIS SCRILLA REgARDLESS.
You keep saying "when all you had to do was build a new stadium". Like you can just pull one out of your ass. It ain't that easy.

Do some research on what it takes to build a stadium.

LOL. THAT SERIOUS?
No...I don't really wish him dead.

THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT YAW TEAM BOOKED CAUSE YAW DIDN'T WANT TO BUILD IT A NEW STADIUM, SO YAW WENT AT IT WITH THE OWNER FOR THE RIgHTS VERSUS KEEPIN' YOUR TEAM AND WATCHIN' THE PLAYERS YAW BEEN WATCHIN' AND PROgRESSIN' WHAT IS THE CURRENT RAVENS ROSTER. IF YAW WOULD OF JUST BUILT A NEW STADIUM, YAW WOULD HAVE A SUPERBOWL RINg RIgHT NOW. I KNOW THAT THOUgHT BURNS RIgHT NOW.
You keep saying "when all you had to do was build a new stadium". Like you can just pull one out of your ass. It ain't that easy.

Not only that...even IF Cleveland did build a new stadium...he wasn't going to make money off of it. Baltimore gave him $50 mil to move the team.

Cleveland ain't that rich.

AND EVERY BRONCO FAN WILL DISPUTE THAT.
Every fan of every team would probably try to dispute that.

HOW DOES IT FACTOR IN? FUK AN AVERAgE. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THAT(JUST LIKE YOU CLAIM THE FANS DIDN'T).
Because Cleveland fans make less but still go to the game. Denver fans make more and don't.

YOU DID A SEARCH ON THE BRONCOS SITE AND IT BROUgHT UP PRESEASON gAME ATTENDANCES. WOW? WHAT DOES THAT PROVE? CHEK THE REgULAR SEASON AND ESPECIALLY THE POST-SEASON AND LET'S SEE WHO DIDN'T gO.
The regular games are on there if you click on the link smart ass. Why don't you try clicking on it?

And it will prove that every single person who bought a ticket didn't go to the game. It's a FACT!

OH SO NOW THE PLAYERS MUST SEE EVERYBODY? ALL 78,000+? MY POINT WAS THAT THERE ARE FANS AROUND UNACCOUNTED FOR. IF YOU OUTSIDE THE STADIUM, YOU STILL AT THE STADIUM. AND I'M ALSO INCLUDIN' THE ONES WITH FAKE TICCETS, SNUK IN, AND SO FORTH.
They don't have to see them...but it would help don't you think?

What if all 78,000 people bought tickets but stayed outside? What's the point right?

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. BUT AS I MENTIONED, THEY CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR EVERYBODY IN ACTUALITY. ALL THEY CAN gO OFF OF IS TICCET SALES.
They are accounting for the people who ACTUALLY ATTEND THE GAME...INSIDE. Not the ticket sales.

Cause that's all that matters...the people in the parking lot don't.

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
gimpypimp said:
If it wasn't for the shit talking...this place wouldn't be worth coming to.
The smartest thing you ever said..

I can't hang with all the back and forth quotes. So we'll just score this one Vamps: 1 Gimpy: -2 and call it a day..

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
That's the city...not the fans. And it ain't as simple as just...ohh...I think we'll build a new stadium.

NEITHA IS DENVER AND YAW HAVE A BIgKA MARKET. AND WE WENT WHAT YAW WENT THRU AND BELIEVE ME, WE MADE SURE THE BRONCOS NEVA LEFT.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
If you know what happened, then why did you ask?
CAUSE YOU ASSUMED I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKIN' BOUT.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
And it's not the fans fault...fans don't run the city.
QUOTE]

BUT THEY ARE TAX PAYERS THAT CAN PRESSURE THE CITY. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY DO THANgS IN CLEVELAND, BUT OUT HERE, THE AVERAgE TAX PAYER IS A BRONCO FAN AND WILL BE DAMNED IF THE CITY DIDN'T DO SHIT WHEN PAT BOWLEN(THE BRONCOS OWNER) WAS TRIPPIN'. THAT'S WHAT A REAL FAN IS. NOT THIS BULLSHIT STUDY.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
But other cities have...and to blame it on the fans is dumb. And if you really did understand, you would know that.
BULLSHIT. IF THE FANS ARE THAT SERIOUS, IT WOULD gET POLITICAL AND THEY WOULD LOK THEY TEAM SO THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO LEAVE.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Well yeah...you could call yourself "hoslcpsl" if you wanted to...but the NFL don't work like that.
NO SHIT. EVERYTHANg IS OVER-SENSATIONALIZED AND MARKETED.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Well...we have our history...so it's a moot point.
THANK THE LORD FOR THAT HUH?

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Yup...gotta love Miami. .
NOPE. THE DOLPHINS NEVA HAD HIM. WE TALKIN' NFL HERE.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Cause you're calling teams what they used to be...not what they are.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD "ACTUALITY" MEANS?

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
We don't call the Titans the old Oilers...or the Texans the new Oilers. We don't call the Rams the L.A. Rams, or the Colts the new Colts, or the Ravens the new Colts.
I DO FOR THE TITANS, TEXANS, AND RAMS. BUT WHY WOULD I CALL THE RAVENS THE NEW COLTS WHEN THEY THE OLD BROWNS?

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
You see where I'm getting at? If we did everything your way, this whole league would be pretty hard to name.
WHAT YOU MEAN MY WAY? I HAVE NOTHIN' TO DO WITH HOW SHIT IS. I AIN'T SAYIN' TO NAME THE TEAMS THIS. I'M JUST SAYIN' WHAT I CONSIDER TEAMS CAUSE I KNOW THE REALITY BEHIND WHO THEY REALLY ARE. OBVIOUSLY THE OWNERS PAID MILLIONS TO CALL THEM WHAT THEY WANT AND MARKET THAT PRODUCT WITH THAT LOgO. IF I WANTED TO BE AN ASSHOLE I WOULD DESIgN MY OWN SHIRTS AND HAVE LIKE SOMETHIN' ON THE BOTTOM SAYIN' SUCH. BUT IT AIN'T THAT IMPORTANT.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Just because I understand you and understand your point, doesn't mean I have to agree with you..

IT MEANS THAT YOU AKNOWLEDgE THAT FACT.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
We all know what happened.

But a team has a name...we can't call the Broncos...the "Denver Jake Plummer, Champ Bailey, John Lynch, etc.". Even though in "reality" that's what they are.
THEY'RE A TEAM, PLAYIN' A TEAM SPORT, UNDA A TEAM NAME, IDENTITY, AND SO FORTH. SO DOIN' SOMETHIN' IDIOTIC AS YOU MENTIONED IS BASICALLY TRYIN' TO COMPARE APPLE WITH ORANgES. CAUSE WE ALL KNOW THE PLAYAS(SOME OF US), BUT THEY UNDA THAT UMBRELLA, VERSUS ME IDENTIFYIN' A TEAM AS WHAT THEY ONCE WERE IDENTIFIED AS.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
No...I can't believe it happened...especially when it didn't have to.
EXACTLY. JUST FIX THE STADIUM OR BUILD A NEW ONE.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
The Ravens are the old Browns...but when you have a conversation, to say..ohh...the Baltimore Old Browns is just plain fuckin' stupid.
I NEVA MIXXED THE WORD "BALTIMORE" WITH OLD BROWNS. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF FACT FACT WHEN I CONVERSATE. I JUST REFER TO THEM AS THE OLD BROWNS. "THE RAVENS", "YEAH, THE OLD BROWNS".

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Yes...I already told you I understand that. We all know that. But we don't call them that. That is what I am trying to tell you.
NO SHIT, AND THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYIN' TO TELL YOU. REALITY VS. ACTUALITY.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
No...an ex-Hurricane.
WHAT YOU MEAN "NO"? HE WAS NEVA A BRONCO? WE KNOW WHAT COLLEgE HE WENT TO, BUT AIN'T NOBODY TALKIN' BOUT COLLEgES AND THE SMALL TIME. WE TALKIN' THE BIg LEAgUE'S AND DENVER IS WHERE PORTIS gOT HIS FEET WET.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
No...correction...he's an ex-Hurricane. See how lame that sounds? Call 'em what they are.
AND HE "IS" AN EX BRONCO(PROFESSIONALLY SPEAKIN') BUT LIKE I SAID, CALL HIM WHAT YOU WANT. NOW SINCE HE AIN'T WITH THE BRONCOS, I COULD CARE LESS.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
What's bullshit? The fans don't make those decisions. This just shows that you really don't know what you are talking about.
WHAT'S BULLSHIT IS THE FANS DIDN'T PRESSURE THE CITY ENOUgH TO ACCOMODATE OR NEgOTIATE SOME PLAN. THEY THOUgHT ART MODELL WAS PLAYIN'. AND YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT? THE SHIT WAS TRYIN' TO HAPPEN IN DENVER. IT SEEMED LIKE PAT BOWLEN WAS LEANIN' TOWARDS SOME ART MODELL TACTICS AND STRUNg THE CITY ALONg. AND YOU WONDER WHY THE BRONCOS LOgO CHANgED TO TAKE THE LETTER "D" OUT OF IT. BUT AFTER YEARS IT CAME TO SOME AgREEMENT ABOUT BUILDIN' A NEW STADIUM AND INVESCO PUT UP SOME MONEY AS WELL PAT BOWLEN AND THE TAX PAYERS TO FINANCE THE NEW STADIUM. NOW DENVER COULDN'T BE HAPPIER AND SINCE THEN WE HAVE TWO SUPERBOWLS BAK-TO-BAK.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
It's ignorance talking...I can't shut that up.
BULLSHIT. I CAN. FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. YOU CAN'T DISPUTE THAT.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Ignorance.
NOPE. REALITY AND IT HURTS.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
You make it sound all so simple. If only that were the case.
NOBODY SAID IT WAS. IT TOOK YEARS IN DENVER gOIN' BAK AND FORTH TO FINALLY COME WITH A RESOLUTION.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Seriously though...it does matter. You can't take a team away and not suffer the consequences.
THE DAMAgE IS DONE. YAW gOT ANOTHA TEAM. EVERYBODY HAPPY.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
I'm sure there was a little more to it...but basically yeah. That's what they claim anyway.
SO WHAT YOU THINK WHAT OTHA FACTORS WERE THERE?

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:

I'M JUST STRESSIN' THE BOTTOM LINE. NOBODY SAID IT WAS SIMPLE. IF CLEVELAND HAD THAT MUCH LOVE AND WERE THE BEST FANS IN THE LEAgUE(LIKE THIS THREAD AND STUDY DICTATE)THEN THE BOTTOM LINE WOULD OF BEEN THE gOAL AND THEY WOULD'VE KEPT THEY TEAM.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Not only that...even IF Cleveland did build a new stadium...he wasn't going to make money off of it. Baltimore gave him $50 mil to move the team.

Cleveland ain't that rich.
OR THAT LOYAL. BY N-E MEANS, RIgHT? BUT THE ISSUE SHOULD'VE BEEN HANDLED BY IT'S ROOTS AND BALTIMORE WOULDN'T HAD THE CHANCE TO ENTICE THE gREEDY BASTARD.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Because Cleveland fans make less but still go to the game. Denver fans make more and don't.
THAT IS NOT FACT. AND THAT'S WHY I HATE THESE AVERAgES AND STUDIES. SOME BRONCO FANS MIgHT MAKE MORE, BUT NOT ALL MAKE MORE. DON'T LET THESE NUMBERS CONFUSE YOU NOW.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
The regular games are on there if you click on the link smart ass. Why don't you try clicking on it?
BULLSHIT. EVERY LINK WAS TO A PRE-SEASON gAME.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
And it will prove that every single person who bought a ticket didn't go to the game. It's a FACT!
THE FACT IS THAT THOSE NUMBERS AIN'T EXACT. THE FACT IS THAT COME POST-SEASON, EVERYBODY IS gONNA SHOW UP.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
They don't have to see them...but it would help don't you think?
PROBABLY, BUT MY POINT IS THAT STUDY DOESN'T ACCOUNT FOR THEM AND OTHAS.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
What if all 78,000 people bought tickets but stayed outside? What's the point right?
THAT WOULD BE THE DAY.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
They are accounting for the people who ACTUALLY ATTEND THE GAME...INSIDE.
NO, CAUSE THEY CAN'T CONTROL WHO SNEAKS IN, OR gOES IN WITH FAKE TICCETS.

gUERO LOCO ESPANOL said:
Cause that's all that matters...the people in the parking lot don't.
ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WORK FOR THE NFL? LOL YOU KIND OF SOUND LIKE A BUREAUCRATIC CREEP.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
gimpypimp said:
I changed it. I thought dork sounded harsh when I didn't intend it to.

I know how sensitive you are.
SOUNDED HARSH? THAT WOULD MAKE YOU SOUND NERDY, AND SQUARE-BALLISH. AT THE SAME TIME CONTRADICT WHAT YOU STRESSED. SO I'M SENSITIVE NOW?

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I didn't read through all those posts because that's a bit too meticulous to warrant an online message board.

But as for the "Selling out/Showing up debate"

= The Steelers calculate their attendance and announce it during the 3rd quarter of the game. Their sell-out crowds are based on how many people actually show up to the game. If they 65,000 (the maximum) were in attendence, then it means 65,000 tickets were torn that day.

=We have a 65,000 capacity, but we sell standing room only tickets, so we constantly have way more than that.

=Pittsburgh is as poor, if not poorer, than Cleveland. We have a failing economy. You say its not that easy for a poor team to build a new stadium...but that's exactly what we do.

=We have tens of thousands of people outside the stadiums for games (even when we're 6-10).

So...selling out is the same as showing up here. I don't think that a mere technicality such as "how many tickets sold vs. how many people actually in attendance" is a big enough difference to start a worthwhile argument.

=The TV ratings in the city pretty much all go to the Steelers game. During a steelers game the city is a ghost town. Everybody wears black and gold all day long. Some major channels even blackout during a steeler game.

So those that didn't show up are still watching a game. The question that I pose to you, considering the Browns haven't been a good team in a long time, is how many women between the ages of 13-65 are die hard browns fans in your city? How many of them plan their day around the Browns schedule. In Pittsburgh its probably around 95%.