Classic Flint/Michigan albums..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 2, 2002
Only classics. None of that low quality, niggaz in next door shit.

For Flint I'd have to say:

1. The New Breed - MC Breed
This shit was like 11 or 12 songs of pure gangsta funk. Breed was spittin dope lyrics (Prolly cause D.O.C. was helping him)
Gotta Get Mine, Just Another Clip, Conversations, Flashbacks,Comin Real Again, Ain't Too Good and all the rest were top notch songs. I would go so far to say this was the midwest's Illmatic that's how hard it goes.

2. FBI - Dayton Family
They came with that gangsta shit but put they're own spin on it. Brrrrrrrraaaappppaa

Those 2 are the only albums from Flint I would consider classics. I'm prolly forgettin some, if so you can add on.

As far Michigan Esham and natas almost all they're albums are classic and I'm not just speakin from a fans perspective but they come with new flavor every time out so I'm gonna drop this one,

1. Dice - Theneighborhoodshittalka
This is one of the HARDEST gangsta albums you'll here. Has reggae flavor, a taste of wicketness, and a whole lotta gangsta shit

Add on cause I know I missed some

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
Jake The Flake - Out 2 Get Rich
Man that album is like the blueprint for the Flint sound as we know it. Before that album dropped, Flint niggas was doin mild Acid rap. But when that album dropped every changed their styles to match Jakes, flowin and production wise. This album also jump started The Dayton Family's career. Even tho they had 2 albums before this dropped (FBI and Dope Dayton Ave.), their underground albums wasn't major sellin units untill Shoestring appeared on "Goin All Out." Plus they were doin mild Acid Rap and this album changed the way they rapped. This was the first underground Flint album to push major units not only in Michigan but throughout the Midwest.

The Dayton Family - What's On My Mind
The Dayton Family - FBI
The Dayton Family - Welcome To The Dopehouse
211 - Prophecy
Top Authority - Rated G
Flint Fharmacy - Goodie
Gee Pierce presents Well Connected
Jake The Flake - Flint Thug Compilation
Jake The Flake - Mr. Jakeafella Vol. 1
Bootleg - Death Before Dishonesty
Project Born - Born Dead

Feb 8, 2003
TOP AUTHORITY :SOMETHING TOO BLAZE TOO

TOP AUTHORITY :RATED G

DAYTON FAMILY :WHATS ON MY MIND (The Original black & red disc not the re released)

DAYTON FAMILY :F.B.I

JAKE THE FLAKE & THE FLINT THUGS

THA HARD BOYZ :p.M.S & they first album with that song "GROUPIES"

MC BREED :his debut album

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
I also gotta add
Top Authority - Seomthin To Blaze To
Scurvy - Flint Mentality
1.8.7. Mortlaz self titled album
G.A.N. - Faithful To The Streets

Almost Classics
Top Authority - Uncut
F.O.D. - Raw
F.O.D. - Rawest
Ready Ace of Stack Deck - World On My Shoulders
Modern Day Mobstaz - Mob
Project Born - Jack The Reaper
Shoestring - Representin' Till The World Ends
Shoestring - Cross Addicted
Bootleg - Heated By Many Loved By Few

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
Here's a little known factor about FBI, Bootleg's veres were recorded in under 2 weeks. He was forced to do so because he was going back to prison and had only 2 weeks to finish his verses.

And if u dodn't know, the song "Eyes Closed" features 211 and Jake The Flake.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
I thought DFC - The Whole World's Rotten would have it's place there too...

AWOL - What It Be Like (they went hard on Breed tho)

I was tryna remember a michigan artist i think he was from Inkster or Sterling Heights (maybe - i remember his name bein a bit like Royce Da 5' 9''). He had his height in his name, maybe even his weight really its just a faded memory. Blue cover with a white skull.. Anyone know?

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I'm pretty sure that almost every time I've heard the name Jake in the last five years I hear, "Jake, the motherfuckin flake, Jake" in my head.