CHURCH...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 23, 2006
almost sounds legit just not very big and a few unorthodox beliefs

says some people consider it a cult but REALLY what is seperating religions from cults besides social acceptance...

Apr 23, 2006
http://whoisahnsahnghong.com/blog/personal-abuse-of-the-world-mission-society-church-of-god/
According to Mr. Cultwatch it is believed that the World Mission Society Church of God causes a personal abuse on individuals. if these claims are correct, then Christianity itself causes personal abuse on society. according to the Bible all these claims fit perfectly on the Church of God that Christ established. Let us see.

1. Personality Changes Relatives will say they no longer recognize the person. The cult member sees himself as righteous in comparison and this comes across in their attitude toward all outsiders.

(John 15:18-20 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.)

2. Loss Of Identity They cannot see themselves as individuals apart from the group. Some even change their name as a rejection of their former life.

Simon to Peter ( Matthew 16:17-18 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it)

Saul to Paul ( Acts 22:2-6 When they heard him speak to them in Aramaic, they became very quiet. Then Paul said: “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. Under Gamaliel I was thoroughly trained in the law of our fathers and was just as zealous for God as any of you are today. I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison, as also the high priest and all the Council can testify. I even obtained letters from them to their brothers in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished. “About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, ‘Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?)

3. Paranoid - We Are Being Persecuted Any time you say anything negative about the group, whether justified or not, it is regarded as persecution. Any criticism of the individual is also seen as persecution only because they are the true believers or enlightened - not because they, as an individual, have done the wrong thing.

(Jn 15:25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.)
(2 Tim 3:12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted)
(1 Jn 3:13 Do not be surprised, my brothers, if the world hates you)

4. Social Disorientation They gradually lose their ability to socialize outside the group. This can go so far as to not being able to structure their time or make simple decisions for themselves when they leave.Their world-view alters and they perceive the world through their leaders eyes. They become very naive about life in general.

(2 Timothy 2:3-4 Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs-he wants to please his commanding officer.)
(1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.)

5. Severe Guilt Complexes They are made to feel guilty of everything they did before entering the group and are to strive to be good and worthy for eternal life. Misdemeanors are made into mountains so that members are in a constant state of guilt for infringing even the most minor rules. Guilt comes because they aren’t doing enough; entertaining doubts or questions; even thinking rationally for oneself.This guilt is piled upon pile with new rules constantly being laid down about what is sinful and what is not. Illness may be seen as lack of faith - more guilt. Emotional illness may be seen as proof of sin in your life - more guilt.

(Galatians 1:13-14 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers.)
(Philippians 3:4-7 though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more:circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless. But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.)
(Romans 7:23-24 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?)

Clearly it is seen that these claims were made about the Church of God in the Bible. yet these people went to heaven.. these people were called TRUE CHRISTIANS, and are now praised by the whole Christian world. We cannot judge matters of God and the Bible in a worldly standard. Let us follow God according to the Bible.

Jun 27, 2003
almost sounds legit just not very big and a few unorthodox beliefs

says some people consider it a cult but REALLY what is seperating religions from cults besides social acceptance...
pretty much, you think the whole Christianity thing was a "religion" when folks started with that shiet, it started as a cult too.

But that reminds me of Jesus Miranda, this foo says he a descendant of Jesus from his bloodline going to France and Spain and then Mexico, and now he's here to save the world and shiet.

Dec 17, 2004
cool. i actually do field research for the dept of religious studies at sdsu. just did some reading on these ppl and apparently they have a church here in dago. ima go check them out some time soon. sit through a service and talk to the pastor and what not see what theyre all about.

doubt its a cult. as long as you can leave the church at your own will...its not a cult. and as far as them believing in ahn sang hong as the second coming of christ...many religions believe shit like that....bob marley and rastas for example...nobody thought/thinks bob and rastas were/are brainwashed cult members

Jun 21, 2005
yeah. i don't have anything against religion but it's just a way humans find spiritual comfort so they can die in "peace" and fantasize about going to a "better place" when they die. if religion makes someone a better person and it's in their bag, then good for them.

cool. i actually do field research for the dept of religious studies at sdsu. just did some reading on these ppl and apparently they have a church here in dago. ima go check them out some time soon. sit through a service and talk to the pastor and what not see what theyre all about.

doubt its a cult. as long as you can leave the church at your own will...its not a cult. and as far as them believing in ahn sang hong as the second coming of christ...many religions believe shit like that....bob marley and rastas for example...nobody thought/thinks bob and rastas were/are brainwashed cult members

UPdate me on this. I wanna see your thoughts on it.

Right on bro