Check Out the NEW SMC Recordings Site!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
Pretty decent.....I thought Killer Mike was signed to Grand Hustle????
these artists arent just contractually obligated to SMC...its more like individual album deals. (example: Pastor Troy dropped some albums through Siccness, Real Talk ent. and others in the past year) thats the beauty of independence. Im glad to see them doing good. They're based out of San Francisco and started off as Sumday. Mess was the one of the first guys, if not the first one fuckin with them back then I believe.

Jan 22, 2007
why you say that?^
SMC is decent for a local record company, but they said themselves that they are content with 5-25K sold on their projects.....They rarely do videos and promotion is extremely limited....Tear Gas deserves better, but maybe it'll work....With album due for CNN, Killer Mike, Pastor Troy, and a bunch of others, I don't see it having the right budget.....But again, maybe I'm wrong.......

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
SMC is decent for a local record company, but they said themselves that they are content with 5-25K sold on their projects.....They rarely do videos and promotion is extremely limited....Tear Gas deserves better, but maybe it'll work....With album due for CNN, Killer Mike, Pastor Troy, and a bunch of others, I don't see it having the right budget.....But again, maybe I'm wrong.......
how much do u expect it to sell?

Jan 6, 2006
so far the CNN album seems to have the biggest push with internet promo and videos plus the track "rotate" seems to be getting alotta spins on east coast stations. im guessin these videos and single push is coming outta the artists pockets, unless smc is stepping their promo game up...