Chaos at Mayorga vs Vargas presser

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2006
ReKz said:
They DO know what it means, Nicas here probably don't.

Nicoya was an important Cacique (Chief), there was also a province/area of Nicaragua called Nicoya which became part of Costa Rica (the Guanacaste province) in the 1825....

I'm guessing you are Nica?
yeah im nica and when i went to nicaragua nobody knew what the fuck a nicoya was, only "nicas" here in the states know what nicoya is from my experience. My parents have been here in the states since the 1970's and theyve been all over from san francisco, to miami, to new york, and the first place they heard the word nicoya was in the mission district in frisco. Im sure folks in nicaragua know about the chief Nicoya, but they dont know about the usage of the word meaning to describe a nicaraguan.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Latin Boss said:
yeah im nica and when i went to nicaragua nobody knew what the fuck a nicoya was, only "nicas" here in the states know what nicoya is from my experience. My parents have been here in the states since the 1970's and theyve been all over from san francisco, to miami, to new york, and the first place they heard the word nicoya was in the mission district in frisco. Im sure folks in nicaragua know about the chief Nicoya, but they dont know about the usage of the word meaning to describe a nicaraguan.
That's why I said that only Nica should be used....

Nov 16, 2006
by "they" i meant people in nicaragua, here in the states pretty much every nicaraguan i have met identifies themselves as a nicoya. Just look at my sig for proof, i didnt design that shit myself so i must not be the only one calling myself a nicoya.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Latin Boss said:
by "they" i meant people in nicaragua, here in the states pretty much every nicaraguan i have met identifies themselves as a nicoya. Just look at my sig for proof, i didnt design that shit myself so i must not be the only one calling myself a nicoya.
I'm pretty sure it's just the ones in California and maybe a small portion of the one's in Florida...I have never identified myself as a "nicoya".

Nov 16, 2006
damn it must just be a cali thing then. I got family in Texas that uses the word but i think they picked it up from me. Your avatar is making me thirsty though i havent had a tona in hella long haha.