Change Hori Arcade Pro EX button layout?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2006
have noticed that the layout has been changed by Hori for this stick, when I bought mine, the layout looked like this....

http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/15164...ade-Pro-EX.jpg

Now a few months later, all the pictures I see have the layout looking like this....

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content...x_xbox_360.jpg

My question is... WTF?? The layout of my stick is very strange for fighting games, I have not been home in a month and only playing in the arcade, now I cant get used to this BS
layout. Can I just open it up and rewire it to be like the newer version layout? I need the
same layout that Iv been playing SF4 on in the arcades. Any suggestions?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
neither link works

i like the layout of the hrap.

im sure you can buy a different metal faceplate and put the button in whatever order you want

Oct 23, 2006
ah, here are the fixed links...

here is what I want the lay out to be

and here is what my layout is....

so can I just open it up and switch which slots the buttons are in?

And do I have to get a new face plate or can I just use the one that it came with?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
yeah, you can open it up and just the move the buttons wherever you want. i thought you meant the layout as far as the actual position of the buttons

i dont really understand though. you can change the button layout in the game. its not like your HP is going to be in the worng place, you can map it to wherever you want

whats the problems with the layout? i dont think i understand

Jun 4, 2004
Only difference I see is the button colors, so open up the controller, swap the buttons and map the buttons as you like........

or give me your old controller and go buy a new one.:cheeky:

Oct 23, 2006
Only difference I see is the button colors
thats just it, before I went on my trip I was playin with the USA layout on my hori stick and it was allright, but now that Im back I gotta fuck w/the Japanese layout cuz I got used to it. So the color coordiation is fuckin me up a little cuz even tho I changed the layout I still think of "red" as middle kick, so im just tryin to change the colors to match w/the new layout. Good lookin on the advise.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i guess i never look down at the buttons to hit them. thats why i went all white. those colored buttons were ugly as fuck