Cauterizing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 14, 2006
has anyone ever had their blood vessels in their nose cauterized?

-i had a boxing match almost a month ago and he messed up my nose i guess kinda good and after so much time of healing it i finally sparred yesterday and started bleeding i had bled before that too when i would exert a lot of force i guess.

if so is it painful or can you even feel it at all?

Jan 14, 2006
amateur, 120lbs., yes i lost but the other guy had way too many advantages (fight was set at 120 i weighed in at 120.4 he weighed in at 128 he was also a south-paw), they stopped the fight due to the nose bleed.

my trainer said that if i want to keep fighting im probably gonna have to get it cauterized. silver gloves competition is coming up in nov. 9 so im probably gonna get it done pretty soon

Dec 18, 2002
well people always weigh in heavier in boxing...and c'mon...throw the straight right against the south paw!

what are you gunna do just expect everyone you fight to weigh in the same as you and be right handed? dont make excuses for yourself like this it will only hinder you mayneee.

Jan 14, 2006
yeah people do weigh in heavier but not eight pounds heavier lol. eight pounds about 8 hours before the fight gives you more than enough time to get that up to several pounds more.

and plus i had no idea that he was a southpaw and i had never ever even so much as sparred with a lefty.

they arent excuses im just stating the reasons i lost- i need more training

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Oh ok yeah, I remember he had a few problems with it bleeding after and they had to do it again, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't had a bad nose bleed ever since.

Jan 5, 2006
i'd do it if i was sure this is what i wanted to pursue. If it's just a hobby right now then dont do it. It funny because i lead with my right.. so i stand southpaw (i was taught like this) because it takes less time to get there in a real fight (street) now i utilize a switch stance.. if im going to throw a powerful head kick ill switch to orthodox but if im going to do a short but devastating kick ill stay southpaw.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
amateur, 120lbs., yes i lost but the other guy had way too many advantages (fight was set at 120 i weighed in at 120.4 he weighed in at 128 he was also a south-paw), they stopped the fight due to the nose bleed.

my trainer said that if i want to keep fighting im probably gonna have to get it cauterized. silver gloves competition is coming up in nov. 9 so im probably gonna get it done pretty soon
My dad had that done when he was boxing, I remember him telling me that it did kinda hurt but nothing medication couldn't help.

Jan 14, 2006
^^i havent either. biggest thing ive ever done is get an xray for my back and thats it. it says that cauterizing can be done by burning precisely some little strips of something or by tiny stitches

Apr 8, 2005
has anyone ever had their blood vessels in their nose cauterized?

-i had a boxing match almost a month ago and he messed up my nose i guess kinda good and after so much time of healing it i finally sparred yesterday and started bleeding i had bled before that too when i would exert a lot of force i guess.

if so is it painful or can you even feel it at all?
i just had this like 3 weeks ago, went to the emergency room cause my nose was bleeding hella bad for 3 hours straight, so they cauterized it, it barely stings, and you walk out a little weak, but its nothing, you will feel hella better, i havent had one nosebleed since. my shit just got fucked up when i got suckerpunched/jumped