Car Accident/Next Move

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 12, 2006
Got a old school chevy, bought it for 2800, had it for 6 years, done all the upkeep, the damage done will cost (my estimate 2400, pull dents out, weld shit, sand, paint, put back together blabh blah,) lets say insurance pays me for half of that. Plz Note Engine is completely intact, i take good care of automobile

A. Borrow money and fix it short term

B. Take any insurance money drive it hurt till I have my own scratch to pay for it

C Take the rack from insurance, wait a month or too, see what I can find?

D. I appreciate American cars, and their owners, I have _______________ as a suggestion

*Recently unemployed, to broke to pay attention but not dumb enough to stop listening

Thanks for ya time

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003

Not to insult your intelligence homie but clean title meaning the car had no major accidents before you got it(something to that effect)...

and Salvaged title meaning that the car was in some sort of major accident and got repaired before you got it.

And salvaged title cars resale for less $$ than clean title cars.

Someone please elaborate if I'm wrong.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Got a old school chevy, bought it for 2800, had it for 6 years, done all the upkeep, the damage done will cost (my estimate 2400, pull dents out, weld shit, sand, paint, put back together blabh blah,) lets say insurance pays me for half of that. Plz Note Engine is completely intact, i take good care of automobile

A. Borrow money and fix it short term

B. Take any insurance money drive it hurt till I have my own scratch to pay for it

C Take the rack from insurance, wait a month or too, see what I can find?

D. I appreciate American cars, and their owners, I have _______________ as a suggestion

*Recently unemployed, to broke to pay attention but not dumb enough to stop listening

Thanks for ya time

I think it all depends on how much you care about the car. If you really like it, keep it and fix it.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
clean title means your car has never been in accident that the damages are 50% or more than the car is worth
salvaged means an insurance company previously deemed it such because the damages were 50% or more than what the car is worth.
if your car is a salvage and if the accident was not your fault of course, then they will just cash you out for the damages but it may not be much
if you have a clean title, your car is gonna be a salvage bro based on what you described. good luck nonetheless.

Dec 12, 2006
Not to insult your intelligence homie but clean title meaning the car had no major accidents before you got it(something to that effect)...

and Salvaged title meaning that the car was in some sort of major accident and got repaired before you got it.

And salvaged title cars resale for less $$ than clean title cars.

Someone please elaborate if I'm wrong.
right on, car never been in a serious accident before this, I wouldnt even call this serious I rear ended a suv and I sit hella low so their fender fucked my shit up, I just know that body work costs hella much

Ya i hella love the car but I get to attached to things too, it is just a car and Im kinda on my last dollar lookin for a job but the if ya love it keep thing is so cliche I dunno if I need to follow that or someone needs to slap me and tell me to be economical

Dec 12, 2006
clean title means your car has never been in accident that the damages are 50% or more than the car is worth
salvaged means an insurance company previously deemed it such because the damages were 50% or more than what the car is worth.
if your car is a salvage and if the accident was not your fault of course, then they will just cash you out for the damages but it may not be much
if you have a clean title, your car is gonna be a salvage bro based on what you described. good luck nonetheless.
I didnt get the last part but either way I think you agree Ima get at max maybe half the money, its just where they all decide to put liablity right? I dont have collision but the other cars arent gonna need repairs cuz they sit hella high they barely felt shit, i was under the impression that their determined liablity of the accident dicdated how much cash I got.....

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
B

I know you say you took good care of it, but how many miles are on it? You have to keep in mind the other shit that can go out on older cars like timing belts, transmissions, etc. Did you keep up on all of that? Is it worth fixing? If its old school and has a shit load of miles on it I say take the insurance money, pocket it, drive the bitch until she dies and in the meantime try and find a job so you can save up for something else. Sounds to me you should go with option B, minus fixing it (unless of course you think it's worth it). That's what I would do anyways. Good luck.

On a side note, I've been in two car accidents in less than 3 months. Both of my Chevy Malibus were totaled. The first one I paid 3,200 for and received 3,700 from the insurance company. The second one only had 80,000 miles on it, I paid 2,600 for it and just now received an insurance check for 5,200 (score!).

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Oh and if you do go looking for a new car, I recommend checking out Craigslist... private party style. As you can see, I've had really good luck!

Dec 12, 2006
Right on

Ya I decided Ima fix it or try to fix as much as I can of it, its really not that bad its looks more fucked up cuz the hood is fucked, the engine is good, few kinks in the tranny but sue me, I hear u on the small shit but I just did spark plugs, wires, rotor, cap, ran hella seafom through all the vacum hoses n cleaned the shit out of the engine bay 4 hours before the accident!!!

Insurance will not give me any money belive it or not so basically I gotta pull out the bumper so I can try to pop the hood, might have to pay someone for body work to fit the plastic around the drivers side headlamp I have a black car so black paint covers hella, or just put a new bumper on it, then I gotta get a new hood, pay to get it sanded primed painted and throw it on myself, hopefully I can do all for under 4 or 5 bills

Today Ima just kick it, drink brr, watch the draft, eat a pizza and plan

Dec 12, 2006
Side note I send a picture of my damage to a couple of homies from back in the day, one sent back a picture of a cherry'd out dark purple 70s Malibu prolly cost 10 racks he just picked up, he dont know shit about cars so i was breakin him down makin em look stupid infront of his girl lol

Dec 12, 2006
When I fix it I will post before and after pics for sure, right now, to prideful, woke up this mornin to hella people on the block like, dam your shit is fuk'd!!! Anyway from the crease in the hood I can look into the engine bay looks like no damage what so ever to the radiator but the dent on the bumper of course is right where the release lock/hatch is for the hood of the car so I cant get it open yet, at first i thought the way to tackle the problem was to replace/improve bumper than get to the hood, but if I can get hood open maybe I can replace that first and work backwards. Cost of hood will be about 60-70 bucks, 220-280 prepared and I put on so thats 350 tops, replacing the bumper on my car is a bitch I really dont want to do it, to clean it up sounds like 3 bils

The scariest picture is this

View attachment 110832

Ima hafta do a ghetto ass welding job with that shit or something

This, i guess obviosuly, is lookin into the engine bay from the drivers side of the car, the only side in which the dent/crease exposes the engine

Dec 12, 2006
View attachment 110846

Drilled a hole into the hood with a power drill than took a hacksaw and cut around the hood lock to get it open, removed the front part of the bumper, now going underneath to remove the bumper entirely, minus paint should have it fixed by Monday, the things you can do with some tools