Car Accident compensation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
Anybody ever get compensation from a car accident? I was rear ended last week , I was the passenger, and banged my knees up really bad and my back, neck and shoulder haven't been the same.

Just wondering if anybody every been through this process? I'm looking around to get a lawyer or should I not?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
file a bodily injury claim with the other vehicle's insurance immediately.
a lawyer will simply gather all the paperwork for you, intimidate the insurance company etc. in my experience you dont need one. but if you are new to insurance then by all means get one.
when u first file the claim the insurance company adjuster is gonna offer you like $500 for your injury. and if you accept it and sign the release form thats all you get. sounds like you in bad shape so do not sign it.
they will not compensate you until your medical treatment is over. your attorney will gather all of your med bills and submit an offer to the insurance company which includes lost wages if you had to take leave due to your injury.
so file bodily injury claim asap, like today!

Jan 5, 2006
Anybody ever get compensation from a car accident? I was rear ended last week , I was the passenger, and banged my knees up really bad and my back, neck and shoulder haven't been the same.

Just wondering if anybody every been through this process? I'm looking around to get a lawyer or should I not?
Not me personally because the accidents I've been in one I was a passenger in and the driver was at fault, and another I was hella young. But my pops was driving down railroad ave in SM, and a truck backing out hit him and totaled the truck, he got cashed out $4000 just for the truck (got it for free). I once got in an accident where I got hit by one car going into my lane, pushed me into oncoming traffic and I hit a car that swerved to avoid me but still got hit on the driver side quarterpanel, had a paralegal that witnessed the crash telling me to hit up his law firm and to go to their recommended doctor and say my back hurts so I can sue the guy who started the accident. Never did tho because I was going to drive back to LA the next day after finals.

The accident claim somehow disappeared though, my car was fine except a dent and a very very minor bend on the lip of my rim. Car cost me $800 so I wasn't trippin. The two other guys practically totaled their cars hitting mine (both toyotas). My advice is if you wanna get cashed out, go to a reputed law firm that specializes in injury accidents, they probably have a doctor they send clients to, he'll check you out, tell em what's good... take days off work if you can to help you make a stronger claim against the dude's insurance and sue also for the days of work you are losing pay on. All those doctor visits I assume will be billed to the other dude's insurance.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
The fact of the matter is insurance companies rape the fuq out of their customers and will continue to do so whether you file a claim or not. If you want to get yours, go full speed. By the way, you might feel okay now, but 10 -20 years from now how are you going to feel? By then, when arthritis sets in or other after affects, it will be too late. Pain is something that can only be guaged by you. I'm not saying to go this far but I had a homie who went as far as having surgery on a knee he effed up in hs playing football but never received treatment for so he blamed it on the accident. This cat walked away with a six figure settlement (of course if the plaintiff in your case is only has say 50k in insurance, then unless he has assets it wouldn't be beneficial to go beyond that limit). A good lawyer will figure all this out for you. Remember, you are in extreme pain and tylenol/ advil ain't cutting it... get with the lawyer's doctor immediately #jussayin

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I actually am in the process of a claim right now. Some fool jumped out in front of me and I hit him. Totaled my car. I had a crappy but really reliable 1996 Accord with crazy low miles on it so I was kinda pissed. I went to the doctor that day, ended up having over 20 doctor's appointments and only got cashed out $2,500 from the dudes insurance. They paid my $8,000 in medical bills though. I also put in a Medpay insurance claim with my insurance. In Oklahoma, I'm able to put in that claim because I chose the coverage for up to $5,000 and all of that money goes straight to me. So far I've received like $2,700 from my insurance and I should be getting the rest here in the next week or two.

Overall, I will have cashed out a little over $7,500, plus the $3,000+ for the car.

I probably could've gotten more from his insurance but understand that it's going to be a PROCESS. It took forever as it was and only would've taken longer. I had quite a bit of lingering pain but no serious injuries on paper so I didn't feel like it was really worth the time to get a lawyer. It would've gotten dragged out in my opinion and they would've taken their chunk out of my proceeds so I feel comfortable with the route I went.