Can you get in trouble for rap lyrics?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2006
i was saying it more like .......really?

i was merely asking when the line is crossed, like at what point is what your spitting under the microscope..

but nice work for being a douche bag for no apparent reason

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i think it becomes a roll of the dice.

for instance i was once on a block that was being photographed/videotaped from a high rise.

i just merely...wasnt the character of investigation

i think sometimes they to try to snatch people and lean on them to tell on others

Jride

Sicc OG
Dec 24, 2008
Just look at NWA with "Fuck The Police".. huge impact.. The FBI and Secret Service were scared as fuck.. Hahha

and same with Body Count with the song "Cop Killer".. that song is fuckin sicc by the way

Sep 5, 2008
here's my point -

if someones only worry is about getting in trouble FOR THOSE LYRICS... then "that squares" ass shouldn't be writing those lyrics because it doesn't pertain to them.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
here's my point -

if someones only worry is about getting in trouble FOR THOSE LYRICS... then "that squares" ass shouldn't be writing those lyrics because it doesn't pertain to them.
thats true

some people are just ignorant though....i think thats how it began..(getting in trouble for lyrics)

you gotta look at it like this..or atleast i think

if i make a gang of dope money and start wearing flashy clothes...im attracting attn to myself

if i drive the same beater hold down a job and keep things like it was, i might slip through the cracks

most of the bigger cocaine dealers have said the smartest thing to do is resume life as it was before, and not buy 70 cars and a new house and tigers and shit..

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
check out that song by Malice off the Known Associates comp
its called "No means yes"...its about rape.
I think that song tests the limits

here i uploaded it:
no means yes.mp3 - 5.20MB

"101 north,....fuckin bitches by force"
LOL

Mar 12, 2006
here's my point -

Yea man, i know what you are saying..........

but like i already said, my question wasn't even pertaining to my own track, I started thinking about it after listening to myself spit a couple homies names / and drugs an shit

me & rodney were popping FOURTEEN BOMBS,
in high school, quickly, my SPORTS DREAMS GONE

you know what i mean?

i was wondering for major artists like ..snoop and dre, if dre is like:

"snoop, pass me that weed, spark it & accelerate our speed"

or some shit like that... they are admitting smoking/driving.. haha.

stupid example, but its just a discussion

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Yea man, i know what you are saying..........

but like i already said, my question wasn't even pertaining to my own track, I started thinking about it after listening to myself spit a couple homies names / and drugs an shit

me & rodney were popping FOURTEEN BOMBS,
in high school, quickly, my SPORTS DREAMS GONE

you know what i mean?

i was wondering for major artists like ..snoop and dre, if dre is like:

"snoop, pass me that weed, spark it & accelerate our speed"

or some shit like that... they are admitting smoking/driving.. haha.

stupid example, but its just a discussion
post the link to your myspace or some of your music and ill let you know if you have anything to worry about

Mar 12, 2006
post the link to your myspace or some of your music and ill let you know if you have anything to worry about

Shiro480 said:
it wasn't even a concern for me, im not expecting my shit to be pushed too far at all.
Shiro480 said:
but like i already said, my question wasn't even pertaining to my own track

this isnt about my music

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
you friends with any seattle rap artists or have a myspace or soundclick with any of this "gutter" music that you speak of?