Can you get in trouble for rap lyrics?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2006
x-raided got busted for murder through one of his songs...

is it illegal to talk about doing drugs with people? or is it just freedom of speech?

when is the line crossed

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
I'm pretty sure talking about killing someone is a little different than drugs. People wear marijuana related shirts and stuff all the time, but no ones walkin around with "I killed this bitch" all over a shirt ha ha. So ya, I doubt the police would do shit just cuz your talking about it, they really have no proof for all they know u could be makin all the shit up.

Mar 12, 2006
I'm pretty sure talking about killing someone is a little different than drugs. People wear marijuana related shirts and stuff all the time, but no ones walkin around with "I killed this bitch" all over a shirt ha ha. So ya, I doubt the police would do shit just cuz your talking about it, they really have no proof for all they know u could be makin all the shit up.
yea the murder line was a pretty drastic scenario.. but even like someone rapping about movin weight...

if they are braggin about pounds/kilos an shit.. wouldnt they be a worth while lead??

if you walked around the streets with a megaphone spittin this, it would be means for investigation haha

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
yea the murder line was a pretty drastic scenario.. but even like someone rapping about movin weight...

if they are braggin about pounds/kilos an shit.. wouldnt they be a worth while lead??

if you walked around the streets with a megaphone spittin this, it would be means for investigation haha
True, but most of the people talkin about movin shit are long out of the drug game. If they aren't then that's just stupid shit to say and release to the public.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
they shouldnt be able to but the spineless cowardly DA's will try to use any and everything they can against you when you get caught up

they tried to use my lyrics against me thats why i dont even rap no more. If you in any kind of game and produce any type of music with lyrics similar to the shit you do in real life prepare to have those lyrics used against you in the court of law

heres my proof

Mar 12, 2006
they shouldnt be able to but the spineless cowardly DA's will try to use any and everything they can against you when you get caught up

they tried to use my lyrics against me thats why i dont even rap no more. If you in any kind of game and produce any type of music with lyrics similar to the shit you do in real life prepare to have those lyrics used against you in the court of law

heres my proof
damn dude..

good to know that shit..

i made a drug anthem track a long time ago and was going to put it out on a -basement raps vol. 1 type shit haha.. like vintage recordings

its all true shit, so i figured i would see whats up with that..

can i ask what your case was about / what the lyrics said?

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
damn dude..

good to know that shit..

i made a drug anthem track a long time ago and was going to put it out on a -basement raps vol. 1 type shit haha.. like vintage recordings

its all true shit, so i figured i would see whats up with that..

can i ask what your case was about / what the lyrics said?
the case revolved around me killing someone with a .45

lyrics went like this

I keep it crackin like a baserock, fertilize my crop/
Hydroponics, set up shop till my swollen pockets pop/
Its the game, a-1 sauce and cellophane/
ciggarillo champagne gotta get my money mane/
Its the game/
and i sugguest ya'll do the same/
dont be causing me no pain or get brains like Kurt Cobain/
In the city where it rain you cant trust a soul/
Thats why my little Four Five leave a big Hole/
N---- die slow/
Tryin to fuck with my cash/
got my trigger finger itchin like a mufuckin rash/
Leave a blood bath and then i smash/
trace of liquid cocaine on my ski mask/
I'ma laugh last take another blast/
Burner gloves sticky cause im rollin purple grass/

Mar 12, 2006
N---- die slow/
Tryin to fuck with my cash/
is that you in the sig???

but damn, im assuming it was a gun possession crime from the beginning?

i can see a song being added on as evidence, but i was also wondering if anything has started from paper to create a trial

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
yes thats me in my sig

yes i know i typed n----- and had put it in my raps

why would you assume it was a gun possession crime when i just explained to you it was a gun violence crime

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

If you are on trial, they will try to use anything they can against you.

If the lyrics in your song are similar to the events of the crime then I think they will use it in court. I mean if someone got killed on 4/1/09 12:45 in the morning with three shots to the chest with a .45 at the corner of 15th and willis and your song goes.

April 1st, rollin down 15th, im fearless
saw a sucka walkin out the liquor store on willis
.45 in my hand and you know what the deal is
three to the chest i'm ghost like Styles P is.

you might be in trouble

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
this shit shoulda been locked after lisickis post

that was the most relevant image to answer the question a thread asked, ever

to me it makes common sense to not rap about anything that you dont want to sit down for

example given: imma jaywalk muthafucka and you cant do shit/jaywalk cop see me he can suck cat dick

ok well im not afraid of jaywalking or getting jaywalk tickets, big whoop

what if i made a song called cop killer

or what if i made a song about killing members of a reputable gang that has people down to shoot up my house

'i got a letter from the government the other day, i open and read it they said they was suckas'-Chuck D

i say define trouble

because cops can lock you up IF THEY EVEN THINK your doing something. liek say i duck behind a trash can and light a cigarette and a cop thinks im smoking crack, he apparently has the right to treat me like one because i fit the shoe. if your talking big shit on a record you can get indicted and/or investigated within reasoning at any time.

have them lawyers that lisicki and oj had and u good

not really. white people hated oj, much more for the book 'if i did it'...after the fact

Mar 12, 2006
that was quite the post gas

haha..

good responses everyone..

its shit like this.

haha 8ball's whole story could be completely true and it'd be like wtf...